Reviews for Bridges
Minirowan chapter 3 . 6/5/2014
Mikaela is part of a larger family now! It's amazing how much of their culture was shared by simply talking with her. Everyday conversations are pretty revealing.

I kind of missed Sam, but I think focusing on Mikaela was a nice change and necessary to build her character.
Andelevion chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
Yesssss. Mikaila gen fic. So good. So quality.
luinrina chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
I absolutely love this three-shot! It's rare to find such a well-written story that focuses on what happened after Mission City.

Restricting it to Mikaela's point of view in my opinion only added to the story. I liked how you showed her relationship with her grandma, her likes and dislikes as well as talents, all of which allowed you to draw up a three-dimensional portrayal of her. It's one of the best characterizations of Mikaela I've seen so far. It's also interesting to see how she slowly acquainted with the Autobots now that the worst was over, especially with Bumblebee and Ratchet.

Speaking of which, I adored how you portrayed the dynamics of the Autobots as well as enjoyed your take on their characterizations. All four were very believably portrayed, but my favorite by far was Ratchet. From his dedicated care of the wounded to his rash temper at patients not doing as he says, everyone's favorite medic had wonderful screentime. I very much enjoyed reading how he and Mikaela sort of bonded over the work of repairing Bumblebee as well as recycling Jazz and the little green bot (despite her ill thoughts on the latter - which only made Mikaela even more well-rounded than she already was at this point). It was easy to see that he cares about her in his own - if sometimes gruffly - way.

The only regret I have is that this story was so short. I would have loved seeing more.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful three-shot! :)
Captain-Emily chapter 3 . 9/15/2011
This was fantastic! I'm in the minority of TF fandom that loves Mikaela, and you've done a great job portraying her here. I think I'm actually going to search for more fic that's set just after Mission City. I've never really thought much about what might have happened, but this story made me want to read more.

I especially love the interaction between Mikaela and Ironhide. It's very poignant, well-written, and I believe perfectly in-character. Thank you for sharing!
RamenKnight chapter 3 . 7/5/2011
I looked through your fics and couldnt find a sequel. If there is could you message me. I really liked this fic.
Borath chapter 3 . 3/27/2011
A really solid and well-rounded story - I like your characterisation of Mikaela, particularly.
femme4jack chapter 2 . 10/8/2010
You know, this is the *only* TF fanfiction story that I read over and over again. It is one of my favorite takes on these characters and their culture of all time. I just wanted you to know. I hope you will write more at some point. You are definitely one of my inspirations when it comes to writing my own stories.
Uniasus chapter 3 . 8/20/2010
A very emotional satisfying ending, and story as a whole. The ending was cute, but not fluffy which was nice to see.
chaitea16 chapter 2 . 6/9/2010
After reading a few of your latest stories it awesome to see where that writing came from. Especially seeing how developed your ideas already are in these earlier stories. Mind you, it is also kinda nice to not need wikipedia open in a tab to better follow your stories premise.

The use of the English language you have (primarily when warped to suite the Cybertrinains) continues to impress and delight.

Mikaela's character in particular I'm enjoying. Your take on her during the battles aftermath is really compelling. Its just the right amount of angst without feeling like i need to slap a whiny teen. At least her causes for distress are legitimate

Oh, and wow do i adore your Ironhide.
chaitea16 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Now i really wish i read this a year ago when i first tried my hand at interaction between Mikaela and Ratchet.

The argument Ironhide stumbled in on was especially fun for the little peek i had of it.

Ratchet going from outraged that she would not receive proper treatment soon and then to indignant with "We're not cars" was too cute in the best of ways. You have him gruff and caring enough without making him feel like Dr. House rip-off.

The way you do his character justice has really elated my already obscenely high opinion of you. And this is just your older stuff
l-Arri-l chapter 3 . 4/9/2010
Uhmm, so hey.

I really like this story.

And I'm kind of upset that its only the third chapter, and you havent updated Dx

but I cant say I havent abandoned my own..

Anyways. You really need to continue! Because this is really interesting and I would like to know what happens.

:D
femme4jack chapter 3 . 3/30/2010
This was wonderful! I really wish you would continue it. Thank you so much.
Impatiens chapter 3 . 10/17/2009
I know this is an older story, but I needed to give props where props are due.

Mikaela is, honestly, one of my favorite human characters from the movie. There seems to be so much more to the character than rightfully given in the movies, and most people seem to see her as an unneeded extra. It's extremely refreshing seeing someone giving her the depth she truly deserves. Also. So much of the time stories reflect Sam and his interactions with the Autobots and have Mikaela as a sideline character, not really as effected by what is happening to the Transformers. It's nice to see her getting more face time, for once, with the Autobots without Sam's constant influence and ability to steal the limelight.

Simply a fantastic story, as are all your others! Three cheers!
Hebi R chapter 3 . 4/22/2009
I disagree with the "plotless." More like, this developing plot could use a few mosre chapters. Or, less "subtly": More please!
Dream's Abyss chapter 3 . 1/28/2009
At least your energon theory actually made sense. Most don't even try to give an explanation.