Reviews for FairyTales
SpecialYouMe chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
I can't help but feeling good for the main character (Haruhi). I didn't want the story to end with Haruhi just moping around and living a miserable life. Good for her! Feeling happy for a fictional character... Wow.

The ending was emotional and I couldn't stop my tears. Yup, it's good to take a break from cheesy endings. Even though I'm a romantic.
This story shows the dark side of marriage and it shows that sometimes it can't be worked out.
Angst really is beautiful in a way. You captured the ending perfectly. I loved the last quote especially. Indeed, it was not a fairy tale but reality. As in fiction reality XD (not real reality... But could be. But that's not the point)

As for the characters, there weren't major OOC but I'm not the judge of that. I am confused though, what did Kyoya mean when his test went too far? I didn't quite get that part. You showed their thoughts and what they were feeling. Which is good for me because I could be dense but not to the point where I don't know it. *sweatdrop*

I agree with you: the oneshot itself is amazing. If I were in your shoes, I'd leave it as is.

Best wishes,
SpecialYouMe
Conrii chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
amazing
nana banks chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
sequel please
Joesette chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
I liked this. Not everything should be a fairy tale in this Fandom. It had my heart clenching at times and made me wonder why most aren't like this? I'm one for unhappy endings, because, like you said, not everything is a fairy tale ending.

If there was a sequel, I would definitely read it as soon as you posted it. But, I don't think this needs a sequel. Maybe an Epilogue of Ryuzu meeting his father, but, you don't need a sequel. That would ruin this to me personally.
iza chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
please make a sequal
iza chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
this story mademe cry please make a sequel
Kawaiilila chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
I cried in this story...it's so sad! Please write a sequel!
awceagle chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I, want, a, sequel... (dark aura)

In regards of your story, I think it is interesting that you decided to allow Haruhi and Kyouya go their separate ways. You really understand the relationship between KyouHaru, in which pride and stubbornness really got in the way of their relationship from truly cultivating. It goes to show that you had read the manga from start to finish, and thus this story is more true to the manga than the other KyouHaru romance that I have read thus far. Another thing I liked about this story is the angst, the frustration and the sexual tension between the two characters. These unresolved emotions and feelings between Kyouharu was effective leading up to the climax of the story. Furthermore, you left a lot of things unresolved to allow a sequel to this story.

However, I find this story rather bland. You do not include the other characters from the Host Club, in which you could have used them as moral support for KyouHaru, or simply people to talk to. Rather than using Renge as a divisive character in the story, you could have easily used her a new best friend for Haruhi. Because you decided not to include the Host Club members to be a part of the story, you made KyouHaru to be too one-dimensional. This shows that you do not really understand the characters. Kyouya is personally driven to succeed his father or make his own way in the world, and he has shown human emotions when he lets his guard down among his friends and family (you made Kyou-kun into a robot!). With Haruhi, you go into detail of her conservatism. You write about how she is practical but you do not "show", express it into deed or action, or allow the reader to fully visualize how down to earth Haruhi really is. In addition, because you did not give KyouHaru's fathers more presence in the story, you deny (what I strongly feel) may be important characters. Even if they minor characters, they would have been important given that you would have shown more peer pressure onto Haruhi to marry into the Ootori family. Pressure in the form of Ranka-san having a father-daughter talk; Kyouya's father talking to KyouHaru and expresses his feelings on the matter.

Another flaw with this story, is the lack of formatting. Rather than writing in paragraph form, you instead write in single sentences throughout the story; this not only shows your lack of attention, but a lack of seriousness in your effort.

All in all, this is a nice short story and I enjoyed how the story had played out. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Yours in fanfiction,
awceagle
windflight chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I still can't help crying everytime I read the ending. It'd be really awesome if you did a sequel where Kyoya finds out about his son, but Haruhi has just started dating Tamaki. ;)
KyoHarulove26 chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
great ff!
Mazelife chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
SOO good! loved the ending! (Even though it was so sad!)

your an awsome writer! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

Sometimes,even i need a sad/realistic story, mostly one writen so well! AMAZING! SO GOOD!

it really touched my hart and made my nerves shiver more than once! :/
Mahasana chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Merece una secuela...
notafangirl2 chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
I enjoyed you fanfic, it was really well written.

But I need to confess something: I though Kyoya was a jerk in this fanfic. Sometimes, I wanted to punch him just like Haruhi did. I mean, he bribed her to marry him, ignored her, cheated on her and then arranged another marriage while he was still married with her?

However, It would be interesting to see his point of view (yes, because I believe this fanfic was more centered around Haruhi's point of view than his), to know why he acted like this.
YelloMarker chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
So sad.. And yet how very like them :(
Windflight chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Please, please write a sequel! It was so beautiful and sad and it is great the way it is, but a sequel would satisfy the readers' selfish desires!