Reviews for Welcome Home?
notBald chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Nice one. Well written and geniality funny.
E. 0rchid chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Lathis this has got to be the funniest, and truest, Ranma parody I've ever read. Excellent work my friend, excellent work!
d chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
with this and Krimson blades you have broken my mind!
Cloud1239999 chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
*stares blankly at the monitor*

Was Mouse in the Sailor Moon world?

Besides that I laugh merily at all of the stupid coincidents. At least until Ranma found himself incinerated by Ryoga...

That was just F*ed up.
Interesting chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Hmm I reread through this I caught alot of things I missed then first time around. Make it even cooler! I loved it.
Zoko chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Just one word. Brilliant!

How many time have I read a fic where Rama get sent to another world by the Infamous Three ( Ryoga, Mousse and Kuno) only to master every thing become godlike martial artist withen two days. Come back to prove how much better he is morality and the art. Hell you didn't even forget to jam events that would have taken years to happen in each universe.

The one thing I was expecting was Ranma to be stuck in his curse 't forget that one either.
Goat Writer chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Hooray! Down with the Ranma!Sue. As a crossover junkie, I have been sorely disappointed with the vast majority of Ranma crossovers. It doesn't help that Ryouga is one of my favourite characters, that I don't despise Akane, and that I think that Ranma is far from perfect. Truth is, every interesting, fleshed-out character in Ranma 1/2 is, as a rule, emotionally immature, impulsive, selfish, and manipulative (to varying degrees). They all have redeeming qualities, too, but I think that many authors either like to exaggerate them, or simply ignore them completely. Thank you for writing this.
shinigami chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
I love your writing but one thing; hyperbole is overexaggeration, understatement is the word you were looking for.
Shlandria chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Lol! this is good!
SithKnight-Galen chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
OMG, OMG, that was truly hilarious! The only one that I couldn't quite figure out was Mousse's little adventure into the dimensional twister, but that's okay. This was truly a hilarious read, good work there, Lathis!
Raen chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Bout bloody time someone write this, I feared I would be forced to do it. Probably better for all that you did it.

"After he had instantly befriended the boy, perfectly understanding Naruto’s pain at being shunned and hated his whole life (after all, being adored and loved by everyone was just as bad, wasn’t it?)"

Perfect. You have no idea how baffled I get when people start playing the violin for Ranma.

On a side note, it was consice and hit most of the things that annoy me in fanfiction. Ranma becoming super powerfull and Ryoga becoming absurbly evil.

Err thats it... Good luck with your Titans story.
Izzy chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Hahaha.. ah, that was a funny parody.
Rowan Seven chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Consistently amusing and downright hilarious at times. This short parody puts the extremes of a common subgenre into refreshing perspective and does so with a smile. In my opinion, the strongest and funniest scene was Ranma's "mighty expositional lump" in the beginning. It was so ridiculously over the top and yet told with such a straight face that I couldn't help laughing at the absurdity of the situation being parodied. Having Ranma's three rivals return with newfound power themselves was an enjoyable turnabout, and Mousse's "unique" experience was an effective way to make the three separate confrontations more distinctive. Plus, Mousse's "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!" was priceless.

The prose here is pretty good too, with numerous stand out lines like "Their battle had been akin to a duel between a teenage oriented comedy character against a serious, drama driven powerhouse" and incredibly well-timed ones like "Still, it was two years removed from his family, his friends, his fiancées...So, in retrospect, it hadn’t really been that bad at all!" The dialogues between Ranma and his rivals where the latter pointed out the out of character flaws in Ranma's conclusions were entertaining too, although you walked a bit of a thin line there between making your points and being too direct.

As for criticisms, heh, it would be unfair of me to take issue that you didn't make light of more typical clichés of this subgenre (as Nemrut mentioned, going after the Amazons and Happosai too, and then there's the "Akane casually abandons whatever relationship she's currently in and rushes back into Ranma's arms despite the time that has passed and having moved on with her life" cliché) though if you parodied them as well as you did the revenge angle I think I would have enjoyed their inclusion. The only meaningful critique I have with the actual story itself concerns the ending which seemed like a bit of an anticlimax. An overconfident Ranma getting blown away by Ryouga's DBZ-proportionate aura was an amusing mental image, but with the mystery of who sent Ranma, Kuno, Mousse, and Ryouga to alternate dimensions in the first place left unsolved I didn't feel it wrapped up the tale tightly. Regardless, the parody began on a laugh and ended on a laugh, so it's still quite good and definitely a worthwhile read. Thanks for sharing.
Hinatafanboy chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
My "official" review loved it needed a scene witht the Tendos though.
Farsan chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
I guess this is what you get when you read the Ranma forums too much...

O_O¿