Reviews for Cities of the Future
Solo Maxwell-Yamato chapter 3 . 1/31/2008
Oh Maggie. Realistic with how she looks and now feels about her situation, but oh Maggie.

This was great.
Mau'indi chapter 3 . 1/30/2008
The scene between Ironhide and Tracks was perfect, I mean I could literally see that playing out.

The ending scene concerning Maggie was a bit jolting for me. Her smiling at the situation seemed almost out of place; unless she's developed that syndrome where one becomes trusting and even sympathetic to one's captors...

That last scene between Optimus and Starscream is killing me! Speculation is running amuck in my brain, spawning conspiracy theories and confusion! I also sense there were more subtle hints in that scene that I am just not picking up. Eh, that's clueless me for ya...

But most importantly...UPDATE SOON! I must have more of your dark imaginations!

...*puppy-eyes*...
caz chapter 3 . 1/30/2008
oh shit.

see, i'm glad i waited til i got home. now i gotta read it again. a few times. LOL

So they're not gonna offline tracks?
LoveHopes chapter 3 . 1/30/2008
OMG NO WRONGE! OPTIMUS AND STARSCREAM WRONGE! But it makes for a good twist. I can't wait for what happens next and I feel sorry for Meggie it must be a shock to see herself like that after so many long. I can't wait to know what happens next :D
Bluebird Soaring chapter 3 . 1/30/2008
Wow, that bit with Tracks is really hard to read! Sunny really shouldn't have told Tracks about Ironhide's order, but it sounds like they will work through it neverless. And very interesting bit with Maggie (I have a real feeling of "1984" as I read this chappy ~ she's learning to accept/thrive?/hope in spite of realizing she is now just a pet...but it may keep her alive, and even Tracks is grateful for that fact. He's useless by his own admission, but still alive. And speaking of which, nice twist at the end. What is Screamer really up to? It sounds like a new trip or trap on his part. And just when the others had given up hope of ever hearing that voice again! So glad you updated )
Artemis-chan of Redwing chapter 3 . 1/30/2008
Hot damn, child, this is particularly awesome. I LOVE IT! Seriously, just what I needed today.

Artemis-chan
LoveHopes chapter 2 . 1/17/2008
Uh Oh this doesn't look god 0_o I really want to know how this turns out! I hope everything will be Ok or at least somewhat Ok in the end but I have no idea
mdnytryder chapter 2 . 1/13/2008
Very compelling story. Evilness just oozes in the scenes with the D-cons. Makes me sad, and hopeful that things will get better. Am trying to guess who went on a suicide mission, and for what.
Demeter1 chapter 2 . 11/26/2007
... Wow. Just, wow. I cannot believe how absolutely wonderful this fic is. I'm really digging the sheer *hopelessness* of the situation and how it permeates the entire fic in every dip and turn. This is something I definitely want to keep my eye on!
Megara2 chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Oops! This is Megara2 again. I meant Ironhide not Ratchet. My bad.
Aragem chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the long review. I learned that most fic arthurs (myself included) like to receive long reviews.

My first question is, was this story inspired by the Decepticon ending in the video game?

I love the opening lines. You went right for the throat. There is no government, the United States is dead, everything that was commonplace in Maggie's world is gone. A world that is imaginable, but insanity in reality.

Interesting opening, Maggie, a character that played a very minor role in the movie (useless role in some people's opinions) forced to entertain Megatron's court by masturbating in open.

Good point in stressing that Cybertronians, or Decepticons in this case, aren't aroused by flesh as oh so many TF fictions state them as. I'm willing to accept that they would find human sexuality interesting and subject to curiosity.

You weaved it into something dark, sinister, and nasty WITHOUT making it Mary Suish, I applaude you for this feat.

Megatron has made Maggie into a pet, court entertainment, and a reward for loyalty. Nice touch.

You give slight hints to how BlackOut and Barricade "play" with Maggie. Sends tingles down my spine and images through my head, while placing a heavy stone in my stomach. Excellent.

The tense dialogue Maggie and Bonecrusher was so realistic. You have the reader feeling Maggie's fear and genuine surprise when Bonecrusher actually identifies her above the level of the organic, but NO equal to him.

Okay, two comments, (NOT complaints) each about a Decepticon.

1. Megatron has been protrayed as hating organics. In bios and in the comics, it was claimed that he hated humans and organics, but possibly that he hates being held captive by lesser organic beings. So why would he be interested (and possibly has a sexual interest) in Maggie? But in your defense he DID offer to let Sam live to be his pet if he gave up the Allspark. However, that could have been taunting.

2. Bonecrusher seems more. . . not sure what the word I would use to describe it. In the novel and bios, he was a very agressive, hating everyone and everything. Yet, in your fic he is, dare I say, gentle, with Maggie, or gentle in Decepticon terms. Giving her a night respite from torment by the hands on Barricade or Blackout. You were able to do this with him still being lethal and dangerous without making him seem to have a softspot. Good job.

As I said these are not complaints, but comments. Not accusing you have OOC, trust me, I have seen OOC and this is not it. This is subtle changes that are not outrageous.

Now we switch over from Decepticons having ownership over a human woman to Ratchet, an Autobot thinking of a mother and her daughter as "his girls". Nice transition.

Poor Sam. Lost an arm and a foot. How did that happen? The attack in Mission City had gone the wrong way from the movie perhaps?

Hm, it seems that Ratchet has taken the place of Will. He takes care of Sarah, comforts Anabelle, listens to her heart aches (though he answers with cold responses, politely. He's robot with a mind very different from a human's so it makes sense that he is logical).

Now comes the truly dark scene of this chapter. Megatron and Optimus Prime. However it is riddle with confusion. Do the Decepticons take turns torturing Prime and why would Prime call for Megatron? Maybe these are mysteries that will be answered in later chapters and the confusion is necessary. Hmm, even when Prime is near death and torn apart and no doubt in constant pain, he still cares about the wellbeing of another.

Okay, I'm off to review chapter 2.
Anceylee Star chapter 2 . 11/12/2007
wow... it's just very, very chilling to read. But I actually want to continue reading more, because there's just so much going on, it's enthralling... like a car wreck, you just can't look away...

aw, well, I do hope you continue, though I won't hold you up to it if you can not. It's getting really interesting.
Daisydill chapter 2 . 11/7/2007
very dark. I like it! Are going to learn how the planet got this way?
cennex chapter 2 . 11/7/2007
Oh my gosh. This is one scary fic...

But I find myself glued to the screen.

GO YOU.
Failing in General chapter 2 . 11/6/2007
good story. sniff. keep going!
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »