Reviews for For Those Who Eat Gingerbread Houses
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
Rose didn't save the Doctor though. You left it hanging, not a great ending unless you plan for more which you should have said before people read. I think you should change the status of the story, it's not complete.
DWIAgal chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Brilliant! Loved it :)
Ayane T'il Hime chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Really interesting story.

I think your Rose is spot on since she is less educated than Martha and... wilder? Well, that's how I saw her and you did show that aspect.

Also, I'm glad that by putting Rose in this you didn't belittle Martha who was a fine companion.

Well good job!

(If there is something wrong with my English, please tell me, I'm still learning it. Thanks)
Lyuba chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Good work, I want to watch it on TV ;), be cool, I think. Oh, Rose, Defender of the Earth. Thank you.
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
You did a great job with you!
Black Alya Wolf chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Go Rose! She's so much better than Martha. Not that I don't like Martha, of course, but Rose is special.
RoseTornado chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Love it! Gutsy Rose Tyler and all!

Especially the part where Rose says that John Smith is who the Doctor could have been under different circumstances. She understands that they're still fundamentally the same person, but the experiences they have each had (and of course lifespan differences) give them almost completely different personalities.

This fic reminded me why I like Rose so much better than Martha as the Doctor's companion. She's so much braver, despite being much less educated than Martha is. Rose is able to make the Doctor listen when Martha cannot.
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Thanks for sharing.
Arysta chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Totally brillant! At the risk of smudging some of my favorite episodes of that season, *this* was how that story should have ended. It really needed Rose! Wonderful job!
Cerdwyn3 chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Oh why there is a version where the Dr is not inlove with rose I know someone had posted a request for it and I dont think this a response to that but I did want to read it too and I do like this very much I hope it continues _
katie mase chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
I liked this. And your right Martha and Rose do say and handle things differently, I could definitly see Rose in this as I read it.

Nice job!
Wolfenfly chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Good for you! A what-if, non-Martha bashing story. First one I've seen. I was getting really bloody sick of seeing the same old 'insert-Rose-into-the-story-by-stealing-Martha's-lines-and-stuff' storylines. I swear, I read another one of those and I will snap.

This however, is a pleasant, refreshing change.

Well executed, awesome story.
Gilari chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Well that was different- usually people putting Rose into Family of Blood ex out Joan altogether. It was good though. A fresh and interesting take on what is quickly becoming a bit of a cliche story line. You're not going to end it there are you?