Reviews for Butterfly Wings
thousandyearflower chapter 3 . 2/5
please continue this story! whooo! I love sane!Orochimaru!
thousandyearflower chapter 1 . 2/5
OH MY GOD YES YES YES
ZeronosVega chapter 3 . 7/15/2014
I agree with you in that Orochimaru isn't so much evil as he is a pragmatist and a follower of cold logic. That said, he does have some evil and vengeful tendencies which override his logical self, such as attacking Konoha solely to kill Sarutobi. One part of me does wish he would see Anko as being somewhat important, aside from being a tool or successful experiment. I guess if anything, I'd wish that of all of the bonds he has with people, his bond with Anko would be more true than the rest.

It's unfortunate, but this is where this story comes to an end. This story has had one of the best understandings and interpretations of Orochimaru that I've seen on this website, period. I would have loved to have seen the changes made to the canon story, although I understand that you became fed up with later events and thus lost interest. If by some random stroke of luck you return AND continue writing this story, I'd be ecstatic.
ZeronosVega chapter 2 . 7/15/2014
Minato's reasoning does make sense and I have to agree with his logic. Plus with Orochimaru staying, we get to have funny scenes involving Jiraiya dancing naked in the streets after a few bottles of sake. Overall, this chapter offers some interesting insight into the relationship between the male Sannin and even between Orochimaru and Anko. Unfortunately with this next chapter being the final one you have written, I can only hope to see a bit of the start of the Naruto series and how these changes affect it.
ZeronosVega chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
It's a shame you no longer write, as this already has captivated my attention and is an idea I had not thought of before. It was well-written and held proper characterization for both Orochimaru and Minato. I plan on reading through what material you have written for this, although it disheartens me to know that whatever it is you had planned was never completed.

One error at the end which stuck out was a single misspelling of Minato, spelled "Minoto".
RisingDaemon chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
i like minato in this one. good job. most make him out to be a fool. partially justified but to be a war hokage you need a bit more steel than other portrayals would suggest
Amanthya chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Interesting! I've never seen this plot before. I will come back for more when I have time. And btw, I like your realist-Minato. The ninja seem so often in canon-verse to think they are samurai, bound by honor. And while having some is important, living in reality-land and acknowledging others may not and you must be prepared for that is important, as is making the best of your people and their skills. Half if not more of the ninja under his command have to be at least somewhat unstable - they're an often underaged army of soldiers with their own sometimes bad personal histories. Why shouldn't he make use of Orochimaru as much as any of them? And it's true that Oro's defection made Konoha look weak at a really bad time.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Deal with the devil...
Elise chapter 3 . 10/19/2013
Very intriguing story. Very good too. :)
dragoncreators chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Orochimaru is a creepy bastard, but he is brilliant and works for what he wants. If only, if only...
gaaralover1989 chapter 3 . 9/27/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Guest chapter 3 . 8/26/2013
Oh goodness, why can't you update!? This is freaking amazing so far, and I love how you made and portrayed Orochimaru. Most stories with him are all lemon-related with a good dose of pedophilia, and probably eighty-percent don't even have proper writing skill, serious-ness, and really, it's just poking fun.
Nothing actually *delving* into the Snake Sannin's rather twisted mind.
And somehow, you managed to make a non-traitor Orochimaru without screwing up his character.
I applaud you.
But now I'm hooked and I can't let go and you HAVEN'T updated in SIX FREAKING YEARS.
I throw a tomato at you.
With Sasuke trailing behind his favourite fruit (or vegetable, if you're on that side).

-Rayne
Nobody chapter 3 . 7/24/2013
Wow I really like the concept of this fic and the way you've written the characters (especially Orochimaru) is great, I know it's been almost five years since you updated this but I'd love to see more, and even if I don't I really enjoyed reading it and I'm glad I gave it ago :D
duchessme chapter 3 . 7/14/2013
a loyal orochimaru though still a freak at heart is more
Anime-StarWars-fan-zach chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
My, this is quite the interesting fanfic! A shame it hasn't been updated in about 6 years. This really had potential! I just loved the way you wrote Orochimaru.