Reviews for Franz Kafka's Girlfriend
Aquasira chapter 14 . 7/11/2013
Wow this really touched me. I found it tedious to read through the years when they were seperated but it gave Lois and Clark more depth. I love this story! Keep writing fanfics! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
God, that was just soo good. I just want to cuddle with Lois and Clark and all the other characters! All of them are just so adorable.

I hope we get to see another story from you. What with the comics always being so bleak, I would love to see more of your L&C. Its like chicken soup for the disappointed shipper soul.
Gyreflight chapter 14 . 6/23/2013
I enjoyed this.

It’s an interesting idea to run with the fact that since it was Clark who decided that the whole thing was impossible, and taking Lois’s memories was secondary to that first decision (morally reprehensible as it was), having a story where he never did so may solve the issues of betrayal around the act, but means that both of them will still have to work through the repercussions of Clark’s determination that he can’t have what he wants… and that Lois would do better to want something else.

I really like your only too human Clark and Lois here, and it makes sense that they both have to come to terms with themselves before they can come to terms with each other – they both have to be on the same page at the same time, or nothing can change between them.

All of that sounds a bit cerebrally plotty, but it’s also true that this fic is full of little scenes and moments that draw an emotional pang to great and memorable effect.

Thanks for the read.
Hayden Avery chapter 13 . 6/18/2013
Good job
finn1013 chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
That was a great fic, very well written, fun, excellent dialogue, congratulations.
finn1013 chapter 8 . 8/16/2012
Awwwww, sniff!
finn1013 chapter 7 . 8/16/2012
So sad ...
finn1013 chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
Your dialogue is sooooo good.
finn1013 chapter 4 . 8/16/2012
That was both sweet and funny.
Ravyn chapter 14 . 12/26/2011
This was actually the first or second story of yours that I read. Other than number 821, this story is the most likely to just reach up and tug on heart strings. The prologue suggests that everything is going to work out, but for the next 12 chapters you manage to pull us into both of their hurts and their hopes and it’s… a really brilliant bit of writing. I like the fact that it’s all gritty and real, and that difficult decisions are not clung to as the Clark realizes that he is wrong (even though it takes him a while to admit and then act on it). I like that Lois lets herself be angry and hurt and hopeful at the end, and that she forces herself to wait, to ensure that something like that won’t happen again. (I especially loved that he was going back to the Planet, even after his Ralph moment was ruined by Lucy and her schemes and his belief that Lois was dating someone else.) I liked that they had to work at it. (I’m really happy that this story was finished before I started reading it, because my poor brain would have exploded otherwise.)

I know I’ve said this in other places, but I just continue to be amazed and delighted by your Lois and Clark, regardless of what way you write them or which version or world. I love that you stay true to Lois and Clark, as well as LoisandClark. It is that underlining friendship and frustration and tension and just all those amazing things about them that you manage to capture each time. And that you continue to give us payoff, in little things throughout the story, but also in big moments, like the Epilogue here. And the dialogue in the hospital room.
Syl chapter 14 . 10/23/2011
This is quite simply one of the best EVER fanfiction stories I have read. I have only recently discovered the whole "Superman" genre-to include Lois & Clark, Superman (movies), Smallville, DC Comics, and even Superboy (the quite awful tv series). I've stories that have simply enjoyed, and in some cases even loved. But I have never read a story that had me laughing out loud one minute and threatening tears in another-and not just in one or two brief passages, but instead consistently thru-out the story.

This had it all: laughter, tears, action/adventure, angst, romance-the list goes on. (It even had a guest appearance of Bruce Wayne and Alfred). To tell you I loved your story just wouldn't give it justice. Therefore, I wish to thank you for creating such a wonderful story that I hope to visit over and over again.

Thanks!
gertrude chapter 14 . 3/18/2011
excellent! you should write a sequel.
anemix chapter 14 . 12/20/2010
This was a really great story, though Clark's stupidity was really tragic. The part about Kafka's love was especially heartbreaking, especially in the context of her eventually marrying someone else. You really fleshed out Richard interestingly, and his character really added to the story. I loved it, especially the witty banter. Keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Indredi chapter 5 . 9/17/2010
So, I've reviewed before, but I'm reading it again (for the 3rd time, I think?) and I just wanted to let you know that this is one of my top favorite fics from ANY fandom EVER.

Your Lois is... well... Lois! As she should be. Strongly written female characters are few and far between, and it is refreshing and quite frankly a relief to find a strong-willed, sharp-witted, self confident (more or less) and yet still feminine woman.

I love the bunny suit, I love the interaction with her sister, I love her getting all tongue twisted over Bruce, I love her putting whipped cream on anchovy canapes, I love it all.

Just thought you should know.