Reviews for A Personal Matter
self-piercing chapter 25 . 7/12
I have spent more hours in fron tof my computer binging on y more than I want to admit. It's a few years old, just a few, and I wonder why I haven't come across this before? Must be some kind of forgotten gem but I'm so glad I found it! I loved your story, it has everything, really everything. I love how you messed with the original story but you twisted it in some aspects two. I would have loved to seen Kakashi with an younger brother. This is starting to develop into rambling, but good story to sum up! Thank you so much for sharing and I'm off to read the sequel.
NouvelleVoix chapter 26 . 7/9
This was a fun read! Thanks for the great story.
Hatake02 chapter 11 . 6/26
Thank you for your great story! I sometimes feel myself so wrapped up in your piece of art that I can't stop reading. Great work. Somebody has to beat some sense into our prodigy Hatake Kakashi though, not everybody is born a genius, even though a genius would understand that much...:P
Thanks again!
Kavanagh chapter 26 . 5/23
The characterization in this story is amazing. And I love the plot. Hate the death, but love the plot. :)
sweetandsimple1 chapter 24 . 5/3
Since this story was written in 2008, I know you can hardly help the canon inconsistencies, but I can't resist pointing out that 1) Rin's surname is Nohara, not Tanaka, 2) The Kyuubi was originally sealed within Kushina and that 3) Kushina and Minato died together, sacrificing their lives for Naruto's. I think there was one other canon inconsistency but I can't remember what it was, and if you're still following Naruto you would know anyway.

Other than those minor details, this story is definitely one of the best fics I've read on this site. Usually in Harry Potter crossovers, Harry is either major OP, dark, or child-like. This is just right :)
Angel Fantasy chapter 26 . 2/25
I liked this story for most part, except for one thing. I find it a very sad thing that no matter which world Harry is in, people are still cold to him and generally make him feel like useless baggage. That's especially true concerning Kakashi, Minato, Rin and the Sandaime. I will applaud Minato for making constant efforts to help Harry feel at home, but even he had to leave the boy more and more alone as duty called him away. It was always the same excuse; 'I'm busy, come back later'.

How troublesome.

Apart that though, you did very good at writing an amazing story. I'll fav it and go read your sequel, because you opened interesting possibilities within both worlds with how you work up the characters.
CurleyQue chapter 19 . 2/9
Black Eye-Patch Pie chapter 25 . 1/13
Though (now that I look at the date you published this story the whole 'Obito is the mysterious orange mask guy' wouldn't have been revealed) but I'm sure that it would have been known that Kushina was the host for the Kyuubi!
Black Eye-Patch Pie chapter 26 . 1/13
Okay, I really like your story. I think that it's very well written with a logical chain of events. I really enjoy the plot idea, I think that both Harry and Kakashi would do well if they had, had siblings. I really hate to be critical and I hope this doesn't come off as really bashy or flamy but there is one thing that bugs me about this story.
It's the incorrect events and facts. I would be able to accept it if it seemed these changes were because of Harry's involvement in the plot or if you specified that those things would be different to allow for you to manipulate the plot and develop your story. However, the things you wrote about don't seem to follow these conditions. It comes across as ignorance of Canon. For example, one major thing that you did not include was the fact that Kushina was the Kyuubi's Jinchuriiki; that Naruto being born stressed the seal and that Obito was the one that released the Kyuubi to attack Konoha (becuase he was seeking revenge against Konoha for Rin's death).
It's just...
I love your writing style and the way you introduced snippets of the 'before Konoha' story to explain what had happened to Harry but I just don't understand the changes to the Canon plot. I feel so mean saying all of this but I just want to know your reasoning.
noradin chapter 22 . 10/9/2015
The mortality rate of your jounin seems bit high. Together with what you wrote about the exam the jounin force of Konoha would be depleted in just a decade at best.
hello chapter 12 . 6/16/2015
70% of rainforest roughly is in and around the tropics bar the amazon in the temperate so fire country (hi no kuni) could be like big landmass like europe and eurasia only at the equator and it is spread out with konohagakure is in big rainforest like south american villages.
AuxLexikon chapter 26 . 4/7/2015
My goodness, this was a delight to read! The characters feel like they developed into what they should be (stupid decisions included), the imagery is vivid and detailed and shows the reader in such a way to let them gather impressions instead of being told what the impressions should be. There were a few typos, but the beauty of this story has already swept them from my mind.
This is one of those rare fics that I want to make into a little book so I can reread where ever I want. Thank you for making such a marvelous story and sharing it with us!
(I appreciate your subtle humor; your disclaimers never failed to make me laugh!)
MattKennedy chapter 26 . 2/5/2015
Good story. A little overly angsty at times, but I really like the premise. :)
brnkofeternity06 chapter 25 . 2/1/2015
I honestly expected to review more for your story. I enjoyed reading it even though I had hoped that Kakashi would take some initiative with Harry, since they're brothers after all. I waited, waited, and waited for a scene of some sort. I almost stopped reading and gave up on your story twice. I'm happy that you didn't kill off Tenzou but am sad about Kushina and Minato... and then Naruto. Will read the sequel though :)
jupimako chapter 25 . 12/18/2014
Fantastic story! I can't wait to read the sequel. So excuse me while I go do that now.