Reviews for Fox Stories
AlterEgoSadist chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Lovely, lovely tale, and so terribly haunting. The way you blended folklore and elements of Seishouhen together make for quite a rich, poignant piece, and the relationship between Aoshi and Megumi is extremely complex and worth telling. Beautiful prose as well. I do hope you keep up this fantastic work, and I eagerly look forward to your future works.
Fusion Orchid chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Terribly sad, yet lovely. Beautiful prose, excellent characterization.
aida135 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Hi

1st of all, sorry for this late review.

I want to thank you for writing this masterpiece. Its beautiful and full of emotion. I love Aoshi and Megumi and i certainly love your style of writing even though there are some Japanese terms that i don't understand.

Your story is indeed one cannot forget and would reread again from time to time.

They way you end it...priceless :)
Gummy-Tank chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Loss, sorrow, uncertainty, hope, love, happieness...all brought together throughout this story, concluded in that last line, it brought a tear to my eye. Wonderful...
persephonesfolly chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Good writing style, but switching the POV every few pages made the story hard to follow. I'd have preferred two separate stories, disentangling the past and present story lines. Also it reminded me of the OAV Reflections, and why I dislike it. Megumi was right, it was a completely unfair ending for Kenshin (not to mention a slap in the face for Watsuki and fans who preferred his views on the proper ending for Kenshin - a peaceful death surrounded by grandchildren)

Misao and Soujiro? Not a pairing I go for, but it was indeed funny to think of Misao as a middle aged matron happy to be in her forties.
tuathafaerie chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
This is so good. I love the poetic delivery, the language that made it feel like a fairy tale, and the simple resolution at the end. It really was very wonderful and I hope that you always retain this ability to weave such difficult emotions with words and become even better.

Tuatha :D
Hououza chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Beautiful story.

Good luck & b est wishes,

Hououza
Lucifer-the-great-undead chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
wow i was so shocked when i saw that you posted a new story. i haven't seen you in the aoshi/megumi domain in a long time. what a creative story. i definitely enjoyed the different perspectives and stories inside the main story.
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
i love it but dont understand some parts
Kirara chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
I'm afraid I don't understand this story. I know it's about Aoshi and Megumi's child, but it's too disjointed and vague to understand properly. It doesn't give me enough information about just WHAT is happening in each scene. I can't make head nor tail of what's going on in the last two scenes.
eriesalia chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
Ah, at first I wanted to squeal, and then I was overtaken by the sadness of this story.

How I miss this universe so. Thank you for bringing me back to it and making me nostalgic again for Megumi and Aoshi of old.
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
"My son, I have known joy."

*cries*

I don't normally read Aoshi/Megumi, but with more tragic interwoven stories like this, I could be converted. Megumi's reports on Kaoru and Kenshin were beautifully sad.
Jasmine blossom625 chapter 1 . 9/10/2007