Reviews for The Weyrwoman's Diary
lynda.key1 chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Oh this was so good! I love dark humor. Did she have a valley girl accent?
Mantlady chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
One should not be eating a piece of nice cheese while reading this; I couldn't control the guffaws. (after reading the reviews...the one who thought you needed more dialog and lessons in writing...either was herself poking fun, or is kinsister to your character and therefore is completely clueless;))
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Ooooooo, nice. Nice bite to it as well.
Nocte Furorem chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Somebody already beat me to it, but that could easily have been the story of Jora and Nemworth.

Very good, and very funny.
australis-angel chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
ROFL! Thanks :D
lija chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Read this story in one of the Pern's forum, and it surprised me since I wasn't expecting it. LOL! Great job on such an amazing parody. I usually don't read parodies unless I wanted to be amused, so this one-shot fit the bill perfectly.
Diglossia chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Jora and Nemorth? or Kylara?

I thought this was funny. I love how she gets fatter and fatter and everyone starts to hate her- and H'unk. Love the name. It's a pity no one every chooses hideous names. Wonderful!
Geeky13 chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Yolanda chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
HA HA HA laughed so much I cried.
zedille chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
And of course she dies in threadfall. I would have expected more of an angsty entry at the end though...

H'unk? *laughs*

The combination of chatspeak and this is very strange...

But very amusing! *snorts*
moonreader chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Hilarious! (SQUE!11!)

Very nice, especially with the spelling and grammar - or lack thereof. And the names - "H'unk"! Was this set in Cryisle-Sparckle Weyr? : )
astrokath chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
A quick response to Jackie - no, I don't make any pretense that this story is anything special. It was written over the course of about thirty minutes of mental hilarity, an unintentional piece of crack-fic that just appeared in my head out of nowhere. But, given its epistolary (and rather short) format, I'm a little curious as to why you think it requires more dialogue? I'm also curious why you felt the character was someone you needed to click with, too.

As for the overall style of the piece... a lot of it hangs on the 'parody' tag. Were you saying it was inadequate as a parody, or that the style/ideas I was taking the piss out of were what was at fault? If the latter, I fear you've rather missed the point...
Jackie Malackie chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Great story.

But I just didn't click with the character. I think that this story could have been better if you used much more dialouge, because, frankly, this story is SERIOUSLY overrated. And I mean that in a good way, don't worry.

All I'm saying is that you need to work on your overall story-writing skills. They are lacking.
Draonriderofpern chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Positively brilliant :)

And I have to say, the amount of PernSues out there is frightening. I liked the idea behind this and it was executed well.
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Thanks for one of the best laughs I've had in ages - and, yes, I read it all the way to the bottom. The "notes" were priceless. I've run into so many of these stories in the many years I've been reading Pern fan-fic. Heck, I probably even wrote one or two. Very nicely done. Now I'm off to read DragonDays. . . .