Reviews for Team Possible II: The Patchwork Man
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 4 . 4/14/2010
Well, done with the “Follow the Queen” episodes, I moved to the next episode, again with Team Possible II, and may I say, I liked this one better.

First I’d like to start with something about our “Patchwork Man”, first refered to as from the book “The Modern Prometheus”, from which all I got was that we were talking about an “Artificially created monster”, it was only when said “monster” had some dialog in the third chapter that I began to think: “Wait, this guy’s starting to sound like Frankenstein’s monster”, and lo and behold, it was who I thought. Which bugs me a bit since, being that the book is known best as “Frakenstein” or “The Monster of Frakenstein” or SOMETHING as long as it has the word “Frakenstein”... well, why wasn’t it used in the WHOLE fic not even once!

Sigh... but that aside, I liked him in the story. Realistic and relatable portrayal, and a “target” for Team Possible II with actually some background (contrasting the Jacks, whose origins are still a mystery for all I know) that filled well the plot and served as something of development for Bego, what with both of them not being quite humans...

Another reason for which I liked this story a lot was for how it properly explored the characters. Particularly Zita, the tweebs and Drakken. Zita is now showing some interesting attitude that gives her some relevance. Jim and Tim are constrasting each other more as things progress, what with the first being cynical and the later optimistic, and Drakken is fun and interesting without seeming SO cynical this time around.

Not much to say about the action sequences. They don’t feel really thrilling but at least they aren’t long or slow, so the pace goes about alright. The rest the scenes seem fine, though I should tell you, I think this is story almost surely got “Hurt” by the deletion of separating lines in that update you’ve mentiontined. Fortunally it doesn’t really detract much.

Bego’s development is going fine, and I like her relationship with Drakken. It’s a bit hard, though, to think of her as Joss sometimes, dunny why exactly. Other than that, I didn’t feel too keen in the Joss/Wade relationship in this episode because it feels sorta taken by granted and working and everything even though only one date of them was seen so far. So… this pairing is going down and up and down again with me so far… U

But overall, as a more action-oriented story, it worked just fine and it was decently entertaining. Just that, after 3 TP2 stories from you, I feel like wanting to go back to the rest of the cast. So I’ll try to go for the next episode soon.

Yours, “The Modern Hyperion” Alexander/Alexlayer.

See ya!

PD: I apologize for any spelling mistakes. I’m lacking a spell-cheker as I write this.
Itachi's aprentice chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
Great work.
Mirenope chapter 4 . 6/3/2008
Great ending. Great use of Hellboy! Great food(?).

This story was great!
Wispr chapter 4 . 5/2/2008
Nice little crossover here and was neat seeing a different team in actions. Good work.

Wispr
storyreader51 chapter 4 . 4/2/2008
All in all, a very nice crossover between KP, Hellboy, Frankenstein, and Cthulhu.

What's also nice is that it was a non Kim centric story.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 4 . 1/20/2008
Smooth little crossover here. I enjoyed it, as I do all your stories, though all the moralizing was a bit heavy. I also find the relationship between Drakken and the twins a bit strange. By now the overt hostility should have died down a bit, don't you think?
Desslock3 chapter 4 . 9/17/2007
A nice little story, and now the good, the bad, and the ugly. First the good: I liked how this fic dealt with Bego, Joss, the "tweebs", and Zita. Aside from Tara and Josh I think the aforementioned are the only ones you really haven't spent much story time on. I also like the banter back and forth between the characters as they sat around the table discussing things in chapter 2.

The bad: In chapter 3 while everyone was racing to get to Switerland, the transition between groups was sometimes a little weak. I don't know if you left out verbal transitions intentionally or if it was a formatting issue that didn't display breaks as you jumped from scene to scene.

The ugly: Ok I understand why you used Hellboy and et al. for this fic to make it work, but I'm not a fan of cross overs, there's just too much that can go wrong. Not really a critique, just my humble but expert opinion. (Not that it was so bad that it stopped me from reading it mind you.)
mouserr2255 chapter 4 . 9/17/2007
hmm nice way to wrap up the story but it seems as if it leaves the door open to a wide range of possibilities (npi) ... the spy/traitor issue isnt resolved, Patch isn't a monster and Bego is getting to borrow the car to go on a date

yeah that alone is enough to keep a brain occupied for ages

cant wait to see what you throw out next

CastaS chapter 4 . 9/17/2007
Great story, i enjoyed it.

maybe i should first get familiar with your B.E. universe. it just didn't fit in my reading order yet.
CastaS chapter 3 . 9/17/2007
"You Americans are crazy with your guns."

à propos guns and switzerland, i'm not sure if that tops that statement or i should write what came into my mind. well, not caring:

you can assume that theoretically every man in switzerland has an assault rifle at home. that is just if you had to do the military service (i wasn't healthy enough for that). one gift you get while doing the mandatory military service is the assault rifle. beside that you get a sealed package of ammunition too, but opening it without any orders results in a fine (maybe prison too, but i'm not sure about that)

and now to the story, i enjoyed the chapters so far. great ones.
Etherelemental chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
That was good. I especially liked how you worked things in this. Especially with how the Patchwork Man freaked Drakken out with his explanation of how it'd be when they met again. _ But I'm sure there really wasn't much else to put in. But at least it was still entertaining. Anyway, thanks for posting this. I really did enjoy it. _
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
"They were Americans, and by all indications insane" This line is from the Department of Redundancy Department.

Knowing as much as they did about the Bureau, I'm surprised at how badly Team Possible II treated Herr Flickmann just based on the bureau reports. The government contracts Drakken is hoping to get better be worth it.

To my way of thinking, it seems that the team needs a crash course in diplomacy and international conduct. THIS time, something beyond listening to Ron Stoppable comment on the menu of the International House of Pancakes.

For example, wandering heavily armed trough a residential neighborhood in the middle of the night and the Tweebs were surprised when the police got involved?

Guess it just goes to show that geniuses make the best idiots.
A Markov chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
I enjoyed watching TP2 in action. As always, your little side stories create questions that demand answers. But the entertainment level is off the hook.

Not quite as much action as I anticipated, but still suspenseful in the right spots and spot on dialogue throughout.

Alex.
my gaurdian HaruHara chapter 3 . 9/15/2007
This was a really great chapter.

I knew that BPRD was inky and the twist was the patch was neat

once again the dialogged was very well done and seeing Draken as the doting parent sweet

I wounder what the gang will do in the pickle they are in now.
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 3 . 9/15/2007
So the good guys aren't all good. The Bad guys aren't all bad. And American tourists in Europe are gun-toting idiots. Is that about right?

What bothers me is that the team Knew that agent Donner and the Bureau were questionable in the first place. They were played like a piano.