Reviews for GUNSMOKE A Conversation
MaryRoseEllen chapter 1 . 5/22
Have just read this story for the first time...it is heartbreaking but beautifully written and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
Foxybrown1g chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I found myself choking back tears from the moment I started reading. I could see both Kitty and Doc as vividly as if I was watching them on TV. Thank you for this story.
TXCatFL chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
I too tend to ignore the seasons without Kitty in them. I kinda lost interest because it hurt too much but I wondered what had happened (aside from the fact that the actress had actually died). This just about broke my heart, but it's really well written.
devildog60 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
MO: I loved this story althought I hated that they were going their separate ways. You have such a wonderful way of writing that makes you feel like you're right there. Jane
mahc chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
What a poignant, rich, heartbreaking piece this is. I can feel the emotions of everyone, including Matt who doesn't even make a direct appearance. This is a very plausible and characteristic explanation of what happened - much more logical and meaningful than the lame (and totally non-chronological) excuse given to us in RTD. Wasn't there something about a video you might have that goes along with it? Hmm?
cazh chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
You've done an excellent job of working in 'the why' around the obvious end result that we saw in that aweful Return to Dodge.

Doc's reactions were priceless: felling sucker punched, her poker face and what she hid behind it. His witnessing the developing relationship between MK to the present, the committment M made to the job and K's to M.

Comparing their relationship to a hand and fingers was creative brilliance; the amputation a true statement of what was happening.

Comparing their relationship to wild horses, the taming, the working together.

To let each other go took more love than to stay together. M was true to what he'd always said from the very beginning of GS.

I love your writing and I don't mind the 'unhappiness' of it because it's true Gunsmoke.
Daisy Mae chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Even though I'm not a fan of unhappilly ever after, I really enjoyed the story. The sadness and honesty from Kitty's pov was very powerful. Seems she was the only one who knew for sure that "wild animals" can't be tamed. Great writing. Hope to see another story from you soon. Real soon.

Daisy Mae
BigMommaT chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
MarMar,

You did an excellent job of explaining that painful juncture where our beloved couple parted ways. I feel that it was totally disrespectful to both actors and fans to simply have Kitty/Amanda vanish without offering any plausible explanation, or to even reference her absence. Although the subject is rather sad, you gave us a solid, believable possibility. The reasons you stated are ones that would drive Matt into a solitary life in the mountains and as you stated, Kitty remaining in Dodge would be her cage. Although you say that this is a sad story without a happy ending, I see it more as a potentially happy story with a sad beginning (hint, hint...). I could really see you building upon this and creating a longer tale for us. That's something I'd love to read.
HugMyMoose chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Great MM. well written it was hard to read and really sad. It fits with the story line of the show. I dont really acknowledge the 20th But I just cant see them leaving like that after all those years the way the writer wrote it. I couldn't have left like that