Reviews for Jokulhaups
MaiWishes chapter 4 . 12/5/2013
Brendas cool n all, but she's cool at Mewtwos expense, which shouldn't be. She is getting annoying. Has been since the start actually. The only reason im going to continue is to see if Mewtwo changes. He's getting annoying too...
darrelodin chapter 9 . 9/27/2013
Another great read! Sheryl was a great character, and came off just how I thought the (adoptive) mother of two crazy girls would. Brenda and Mewtwo's relationship grew interesting as well.

Off to the next story!
Dragxon chapter 5 . 6/11/2013
i love it when you throw in those little gags at the end of a chapter. especially when they involve mewtwo's cover being blown
Aronim chapter 9 . 6/30/2012
Another great read and it's funny how I can see improvement just between the first fic and this one. Other than that, all my previous points stand.

And Sheryl is awesome!
themagebear chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
typo- medusa instead of medea.
Shinymonkey8 chapter 9 . 4/7/2011
Good story.

Make them longer! It always feels too short!

I think you're a pro at character development and dialogue, it makes me want to go and read all of your other stories. You seriously make writing dialogue easy.

Good sequel, can't wait to read more!
Shadic999 chapter 4 . 9/25/2010
Haha robin Williams 3
wyrd chapter 9 . 9/17/2008
Everyone is afraid of Brenda, it seems. I admit I like it when she threatens people who deserve it.

Speaking of which, at one point, a jerk calls Mewtwo a "cop's bitch", and 'Two kept it to himself because he was afraid of what Brenda would think of him for not standing up for himself. I found that very sad. Good job.

The concept of Brenda's shield being broken is an interesting one. Will 'Two be the new shield, his nickname being Vahan and all?

I like your take on Pokemon battles being a cruel form of slavery.

Good job setting up Samuel to be a creepy little snot-bag. It was enjoyable seeing him in jail with psychic clamps (good idea!). I also like how Demonte's neurosis comes out of left field. No way I could have predicted he was the killer. I... I wanted some good ol' psychic head-to-head, but the Brenda-Mewtwo-Demonte smackdown was excellent.

You've pulled out the threat of a Master Ball twice now. I am itching for it to come into play with a total cliche: Brenda dramatically bats it away from Mewtwo before a nasty Rocket Lackey can catch him. If you wrote it, it would be 90 times more hilarious, and if was from Brenda's POV, it would be 100 times more profane.

How much research do you have to do for these stories? Are you hoping to be a homicide cop? I really like learning about everything you throw in about the job.

I liked "Jokulhaups" a lot.

Off to review "Drifting". Hope you don't mind getting a ton of stuff from me. I have something to say about each of your stories.
Lixie Lorn chapter 9 . 7/9/2008
God, that Samuel was a *. Glad he got his.

Hmm. You really can pull training one way or the other, can't you?

~General Everin Stormclaw of the Emerald Stars, Dragon prince and the Fifth Sutakage, out.
CalliopeMused chapter 7 . 5/20/2008
wouldn't let me review yesterday. Re-reading this... you've left yourself quite a few very nice things. Samuel is set up very nicely to be a villain. He showed an interest in Mewtwo before he hated Brenda. She gave him several good reasons for the twisted little boy to develop an obsession-the arrest was expected, but he didn't seem to anticipate the dampeners/threats about cellmates. ("And if he ever came near Mewtwo ever again… justifiable homicide.") Brenda doesn't like him, he hates her, master balls have already been mentioned, Sheryl said she would look into them.

So... all the plots you've mentioned have a very nice base in what you've done before. That way, when the readers go back through here, they'll see it. (Including the inevitable people who have this story on alert, but never bother to review. I'm just not so good at remembering to review.) I think you have everyone where you want them.

Very fun story, again. It's nice to have a solid base before you blow everything to pieces.
dr.evil99 chapter 9 . 4/13/2008
When you first started this story, you told me that we'd met the killer early on, and that I'd probably never guess who it was. Well, you were absolutely right, I had no idea. But bringing a killer out of left field, in and of itself, isn't hard; what you do here that's great is you give the man realistic, concrete motives (well, as concrete as the motives of an obsessed fan would be.) Things like this have happened in real life, and that lends an air of authenticity to even a tale as fantastic as this.

Also, kudos for your brief, but well-done bit of action here. Even in the short bit we get, we can tell how easily Mewtwo and Brenda are working as a team these days. No matter how much they might bicker, these two have chemistry, both professional and personal. In fact, if I had one criticism of this chapter, it was the relative lack of character stuff between those two, but that small complaint is rendered quite moot by the sequel that you've recently started.

So really, this chapter, and the fic as a whole, is rock solid from start to finish. Great pacing, a thoughtful plot, and two totally engaging leads... you've really struck gold with this story, and I've no doubt whatever you have planned for the further installments will continue this winning streak. Stories like this prove why you are one of the finest authors on this site. Many authors can do one or two things well (action, humor, drama,etc) but not many can hit all those bases in one fic so successfully, and make them all totally work with one another. Excellent work!
Azure Neko chapter 9 . 1/27/2008
I think I love this charecter you've created. She's prickly, infuriating, and quietly loving. She's odviously got some serious shit in her past, and I really like how you're revealing it slowly. I'll be looking forward to reading the sequel.
Moriko no Hikari chapter 9 . 1/9/2008
Please write more. I love Mewtwo, one of my ten fave pkmn. Brenda's awesome and Sheryl is cool. Love ta see more of Alison.
CalliopeMused chapter 9 . 1/9/2008
I'm a very inconsistent reviewer. (For review-stalkers, you get the next sentence, then you can read the story or shoo.) That's because I've already had the chance to put the chapter into little pieces and let you fix it back up, and because I hear about most of this stuff anyway.

Since you have the detailed version already... impressions on the whole story. Love the slow progressions, Brenda and 'two are (thank goodness) not your classic buddy cops. Brenda's... Brenda, Mewtwo is fun, and the next story should be very fun. I'll tell Davis to pack.
Dark Magician Girl Aeris chapter 9 . 1/8/2008
Aw, jeez, it's finished already? I was expecting another two or three chapters out of this one! Well... that was certainly a ringer, though. Seriously... way to blindside everyone. Oh, well. I'll be more on the ball for the third story.

Hmm... I think I have you on author alert... better hit it just in case.

Anyway... I almost feel bad for Samuel now, but not quite. He deserved to loose because he lost track of what was real, you know? But still, threatening him with prison bitch-hood and then the driving...

And... dare I say it... I want to hug Mewtwo now. That had to hurt...

I'm eagerly awaiting the next addition to the Sword and Shield world! Will you finally, finally tell us what the deal with the name "Vahan" is next time? I'm not going to stop bugging you about this one!

Until next time,