Reviews for Realisations
rholou chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
i wanted to quote a few of the things in this story that i loved but then realised that i would probably end up quoting pretty much the whole thing, so basically what i'm saying is i loved it.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Been so busy, (horse show this week) that I have gotten behind on my thank you's.

I really enjoyed this story. Another wonderful job of capturing the brothers voices.

I loved Sam's thoughts as the brothers moved through the tunnel. How he worried about the creature coming up behind Dean and how Sam would protect his brother.

Of course I loved how Dean knew Sam was hiding something from him and kept digging until Sam finally explained about the Impala.

I had noticed that Sam didn't drive last season, except the stolen car and wondered why. (Though Jensen said in an interview everytime the script said, Sam drives, he would say why? and of course Dean got to drive.)

I've only read one other story that dealt with this topic, but yours was done with much more feeling. I think we all have a moment like Sam that a place, scent or time can bring a painful image to mind. So Sam seeing Dean in the backseat, I could just picture that scene again right before the semi hit them.

Loved how Dean reassured Sam that it was not his fault the accident happened and calmed him as he tried to drive again.

I enjoyed your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Until next time, take care.
Missing Whisper chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
So good. It was so in character and i could totally imagine that kind of banter on the show! Poor Sammy, glad Dean helped him through his Impala Phobia ;)
Fenice158 chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
really liked it! good work!
deanandhisimpala chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
OMG. I loved that. I love how you always think of things like this... things that I've always wondered about (I mean like if being in the Impala after the crash bothered the boys) but never was able to capture myself in a story... and you write is so beautifully and so much like the boys. I loved that. Humour and brotherly love and just a touch of angst... perfect. :)
Marvin is my Muse chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
This story was amazing! I love how you combined the hunt with a brotherly moment and some amazing introspection! You really pulled that off well! Sometimes stories that have all three elements, hunt, introspection and brotherly moments, become to complicated and the message doesn't get across or the boys fall out of character but you not only managed it but wrote a spectacular piece of work! Well done!

*adds to favorites!*
DeanBean chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
that was a great story,

I never really thought about why Sam never drove the car, but thats as good an excuse if any, lol :D

Great story once again ;)

Keep up the good work

supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
that was great! Wonder if Sam realizes Dean'll never let him forget saying, "“I know, I know – you’re always right.”" :) I loved how Big Brother Dean helped Sam be able to drive the impala again! great story!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
I really enjoyed this one shot. I thoroughly loved the way you wove into the story such brotherly concern above the snark, topping it off with a realisation from Dean about his brother that he had failed to notice since their run in with the YED. Dean's persistence in worming the truth out of Sam was masterfully done, making Sam face his inner fear and battle through it to get past it. The boys were nigh perfect here.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
I've seen a fic where Sam won't drive because he's reliving the crash, but this idea was new and I like it a lot. Makes sense he would flash back to that, and I like Dean's gentleness in pushing him to admit it and helping him deal with it.

I'm not sure why in this story and the last, Dean needs two arms or two legs to drive. An automatic can be driven with just one of each.
shelby02 chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
I read this last night, but didn't have time to leave a review. I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed it a great deal. Sam's emotional angst about driving the impala wasn't anything I have seen done before and thought it was a realistic issue. Plus, I love guilty/sad Sam and concerned Dean! chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Great story, and so understandable Sam's reasons for not driving the impala since the accident! And confined in that tunnel with Dean there was absolutely no way that he would get away without explaining why to his brother! Loved Dean's reaction to what Sam said, and putting his hand on his shoulder - awesome!

Typical Dean though to underplay his knee injury and blame Sam for falling down the hole but loved it when he accidentally said his knee was broken, digging himself into a figurative hole he couldn't get out of!

“I think we’ve spent more than enough time here already.” said Sam and Dean had a feeling he wasn’t referring just to the woods.

Great words, with a much deeper meaning that was not lost on Dean! And loved Sam's glance to the empty back seat before pulling away in the impala, leaving more than the woods behind!

You got their characters, banter and emotions spot on as usual. Mr Kripke should read this and then e-mail you!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
good job... hadn't even thought about Sam having a hard time driving metalicar after all he's been though is totally understandable... great idea and great job
anon chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Well I'll be damned, you not only gave me a healthy dose of my absolute favorite - hurt!Dean with worried!Sam, but you actually tackled an issue I haven't seen specifically discussed before, that is definitely rare!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
I love it! It's true that we didn't see Sam drive the Impala this year. I'm sure it would be the exact reason why he didn't.

It's really a creepy flashback to have! Great job, as always.
35 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »