Reviews for Starfox: Sunrise Over Lylat
cheesebread222 chapter 31 . 3/28
So...I just found this story a few days ago and read through it from beginning to here.

HOLY COW! this whole story has been a roller coaster of emotions. Normally I try to avoid OC heavy stories, but...HOLY COW! That's all I can really come up with to say. There's so much detail, and the characters are so well developed, it's just...HOLY COW!

I have a policy of not favoring a story before it's completed. Kind of a wanting to take a whole work in before deciding thing. But for this story, I'm making an exception. It's going strait to my favorites list.

Keep up the good work, I REALLY can't wait for more.
gunslinger01 chapter 31 . 3/25
Wow, just amazing use of multiple character POVs, location swaps, detailing of tech specs and more ! Most of all, actual character development !
Agree with prior reviewer about hinting about protagonist not actually being killed but the KIT identity reveal was done wonderfully.
The depth of each chapter and variety of battle scenario rocks - can't wait until real ground battle starts and someone has to blow up a train on Macbeth ;)
Bottle in the Ship chapter 30 . 3/22
Why can't there be more fics like this one? Seriously- This is freaking epic! This surpasses a lot of fiction in the Star Fox category. Your characters are very well constructed, almost as if they were actually part of the main canon. Normally, I hate stories with almost all original characters, but you sir, have done it right!

The only thing I have to say is that I see that this story was published in '07. I really hope you aren't in the habit of taking ages to update. I really couldn't handle it if you let this turn into another "unfinished masterpiece", where the author creates a beautifully written story and then suddenly quits with no warning.

Now hurry up and bang out the next chapter! The suspense is killing me!
Wonderful writing, especially with what's going on in Telemos's head and coming to terms with how his world is. It seems he has a new purpose. Looking forward to the next installment, even with the possibility hanging there that Hound may be in deeper trouble than he thinks with the Primals still occupying Macbeth.
Emperor Andross chapter 31 . 3/17
Is that a challange!?
mega-dark chapter 31 . 3/15
Dang it dude you sure know to leave a cliff hanger.

Overall solid chapter. I know Telemos is going to get away but I hope at least some of the SDF gets away as well from the prison break. The action was great as usual and I'm seriously glad that those missiles didn't go Macross on Grawler squad because they'd be dead if they did.

And sorry about this story not having fanart. I'm not an artist so I can't help you. Good luck with the next chapter.
bryan mccloud chapter 31 . 3/15
i wonder what is that secret huge box for...lol.

very little clues to let us guess at all.

good chapter man.
Landofdragons chapter 30 . 2/10
Have to say, I didn't find the revelation of terrany being alive all that surprising. Considering how there was the lack of a certain bleached fox for the longest time, the albino one being the one executed would have been a bigger shock than the bleached one... It also wouldn't make much sense to make the main character die at around what I'm guessing is the 1/3rd to half way point of the story... But how you gave us that information was very well done... I do wish that this story would be taken up and made into the story of a new Starfox Game though... Well, once it's finished. Funny enough, I draw a bit of parallels from GodFather, even though I hate that movie. Terry and Carl are like the Don's kids in the trilogy. Have only part of what made their grandfather special. Carl having Fox's rigidity from the academy, and Terrany having the instinct that made Fox unpredictable. I just hope it won't be too many chapters before we see Terr and Carl working side by side to put the fear of God into the Primal deity... who for some reason I think is andross, even if that's way too cliche for this story. Anyway, keep up the good work, and if possible... can we have the next chapter out a bit sooner? It makes my week to read one of your chapters but... it takes so long to get a new one that it's almost painful to wait.
Emperor Andross chapter 30 . 1/15
Another chapter, another piece that does not disappoint!
So we find out the truth about things, I look forward to a future mission to Titania.
Erico chapter 30 . 1/9
I don't usually respond to reviews, but in this case, it's merited, as I don't like anybody proceeding forward with an incorrect perception. Your statement about the planet in which Starfox first fought Star Wolf is wrong; It was Fichina, not Fortuna. Yes, I know that in SF64, they called the Ice Planet Fortuna, but that was an error in translation. It was always supposed to be Fichina.

This error was corrected first in Starfox Assault for the Gamecube, where the heroes visited both Fortuna (A jungle world) and Fichina (The Ice World), and then in the Nintendo 3DS remake of Starfox 64, where the Ice World is properly named...Fichina.

Other than that, jollygreendragon, I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I think a lot of people are breathing easier now that they know that Terrany McCloud isn't dead. Had you going though, didn't I?

-Erico
jollygreendragon chapter 30 . 1/8
I hate being "that guy" but in the opening section it says Star Wolf first fought Starfox on Fichina - assuming you're talking about the SF64 mission, that was Fortuna, not Fichina.

Aaaaahhh you have no idea how much of a relief it is to finally have the execution confirmed as a ruse. Like, I knew it was "supposed" to be that way - the indicators are all there - but I just hate that feeling of knowing something directly in opposition to what the characters think is happening.

That aside - and my continued hatred of the Primal viewpoints in general aside as well - this is probably my favorite currently-running story on the site. It's thought-out, it's logical, it puts a super-realistic take on an incredibly arcadey on-rails shooter... I looove it. Keep up the good work!
The Guest Calypso chapter 30 . 1/6
Ooh boy, the end of that chapter gave me chills. Well, actually, there were two points when I got chills: One was the ending, and the other was learning of Terrany's survival!

I had a feeling she couldn't have perished; the way she was executed, and the aftermath, seemed too... transparent, rushed? I had held out hope she wasn't gone, that maybe, she would be mentioned as alive in the next chapter. But then it didn't happen. In fact, it didn't happen for another 4 chapters! And as I was just about to finally accept that she was gone, it's finally confirmed; she still lives!

I must give the utmost props for your timing in this matter; you didn't reveal it too soon, as is the common weakness of other stories containing this story plot, yet, it wasn't forgotten about entirely. Absolute praise in pulling this off!

I simply cannot wait for the next installment, yet I must wait and I shall, for I regard this work far too highly to make demands or flame. Perfection, as they say, cannot be rushed. Keep up the fantastic work!
Foxhound47 chapter 30 . 1/5
Keep up the good work!
bryan mccloud chapter 30 . 1/5
the person the primals are looking for most likely knows that terrany is alive and is being being held at titania...lol.

they wouldn't want terrany to be rescue and went back into battle again.
mega-dark chapter 30 . 1/5
Happy New Year and a nice chapter to start it out.

First off, I really hope Geasbreaker gets his what word I'm looking for, just punishment, for how he's been acting. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Second of all, I really liked how you incorporated the cybernetic upgrades that Star Wolf got at the end of Starfox into this story. I get the feeling that's it major foreshadowing for what's going to happen later on in the story.

Other than that, a nice slow chapter before I action picks right up. Good luck with the next chapter.