Reviews for Starfox: Sunrise Over Lylat
mega-dark chapter 31 . 3/15/2015
Dang it dude you sure know to leave a cliff hanger.

Overall solid chapter. I know Telemos is going to get away but I hope at least some of the SDF gets away as well from the prison break. The action was great as usual and I'm seriously glad that those missiles didn't go Macross on Grawler squad because they'd be dead if they did.

And sorry about this story not having fanart. I'm not an artist so I can't help you. Good luck with the next chapter.
bryan mccloud chapter 31 . 3/15/2015
i wonder what is that secret huge box for...lol.

very little clues to let us guess at all.

good chapter man.
Landofdragons chapter 30 . 2/10/2015
Have to say, I didn't find the revelation of terrany being alive all that surprising. Considering how there was the lack of a certain bleached fox for the longest time, the albino one being the one executed would have been a bigger shock than the bleached one... It also wouldn't make much sense to make the main character die at around what I'm guessing is the 1/3rd to half way point of the story... But how you gave us that information was very well done... I do wish that this story would be taken up and made into the story of a new Starfox Game though... Well, once it's finished. Funny enough, I draw a bit of parallels from GodFather, even though I hate that movie. Terry and Carl are like the Don's kids in the trilogy. Have only part of what made their grandfather special. Carl having Fox's rigidity from the academy, and Terrany having the instinct that made Fox unpredictable. I just hope it won't be too many chapters before we see Terr and Carl working side by side to put the fear of God into the Primal deity... who for some reason I think is andross, even if that's way too cliche for this story. Anyway, keep up the good work, and if possible... can we have the next chapter out a bit sooner? It makes my week to read one of your chapters but... it takes so long to get a new one that it's almost painful to wait.
Emperor Andross chapter 30 . 1/15/2015
Another chapter, another piece that does not disappoint!
So we find out the truth about things, I look forward to a future mission to Titania.
Erico chapter 30 . 1/9/2015
I don't usually respond to reviews, but in this case, it's merited, as I don't like anybody proceeding forward with an incorrect perception. Your statement about the planet in which Starfox first fought Star Wolf is wrong; It was Fichina, not Fortuna. Yes, I know that in SF64, they called the Ice Planet Fortuna, but that was an error in translation. It was always supposed to be Fichina.

This error was corrected first in Starfox Assault for the Gamecube, where the heroes visited both Fortuna (A jungle world) and Fichina (The Ice World), and then in the Nintendo 3DS remake of Starfox 64, where the Ice World is properly named...Fichina.

Other than that, jollygreendragon, I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I think a lot of people are breathing easier now that they know that Terrany McCloud isn't dead. Had you going though, didn't I?

-Erico
jollygreendragon chapter 30 . 1/8/2015
I hate being "that guy" but in the opening section it says Star Wolf first fought Starfox on Fichina - assuming you're talking about the SF64 mission, that was Fortuna, not Fichina.

Aaaaahhh you have no idea how much of a relief it is to finally have the execution confirmed as a ruse. Like, I knew it was "supposed" to be that way - the indicators are all there - but I just hate that feeling of knowing something directly in opposition to what the characters think is happening.

That aside - and my continued hatred of the Primal viewpoints in general aside as well - this is probably my favorite currently-running story on the site. It's thought-out, it's logical, it puts a super-realistic take on an incredibly arcadey on-rails shooter... I looove it. Keep up the good work!
Icarus Mouse chapter 30 . 1/6/2015
Ooh boy, the end of that chapter gave me chills. Well, actually, there were two points when I got chills: One was the ending, and the other was learning of Terrany's survival!

I had a feeling she couldn't have perished; the way she was executed, and the aftermath, seemed too... transparent, rushed? I had held out hope she wasn't gone, that maybe, she would be mentioned as alive in the next chapter. But then it didn't happen. In fact, it didn't happen for another 4 chapters! And as I was just about to finally accept that she was gone, it's finally confirmed; she still lives!

I must give the utmost props for your timing in this matter; you didn't reveal it too soon, as is the common weakness of other stories containing this story plot, yet, it wasn't forgotten about entirely. Absolute praise in pulling this off!

I simply cannot wait for the next installment, yet I must wait and I shall, for I regard this work far too highly to make demands or flame. Perfection, as they say, cannot be rushed. Keep up the fantastic work!
Foxhound47 chapter 30 . 1/5/2015
Keep up the good work!
bryan mccloud chapter 30 . 1/5/2015
the person the primals are looking for most likely knows that terrany is alive and is being being held at titania...lol.

they wouldn't want terrany to be rescue and went back into battle again.
mega-dark chapter 30 . 1/5/2015
Happy New Year and a nice chapter to start it out.

First off, I really hope Geasbreaker gets his what word I'm looking for, just punishment, for how he's been acting. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Second of all, I really liked how you incorporated the cybernetic upgrades that Star Wolf got at the end of Starfox into this story. I get the feeling that's it major foreshadowing for what's going to happen later on in the story.

Other than that, a nice slow chapter before I action picks right up. Good luck with the next chapter.
Enigma2Me chapter 30 . 1/4/2015
Had a pretty good feeling that "Terrany" they executed wasn't her.

Of course, now that they revealed where she is, I can see one of several outcomes:

1: Telemos escapes and saves Terrany out of his twisted desire to be the one to defeat her.
2: Telemos leaks the information to Star Fox somehow.

Though that does bring up the question of what happened to KIT...
Emperor Andross chapter 29 . 11/4/2014
Another great chapter. Worth the wait! I'm curious as to how much more of this story there is to go? How far through is it? 60%? 70%? Anyway, more great work, keep it up!
Guest chapter 29 . 10/15/2014
Keep it up, it was an awesome victory. Time to start with the task of booting those Primals out. Carl's character was allowed to shine during the battle as well. He wasn't impervious to the pressure, but, he didn't fall apart on his collected team. Wonder what's up next with the return of the Landmaster and whatever Rolfe is so happy about. Why do I get the feeling it might have something to do with Terrany and Telemos?
evafan002 chapter 18 . 10/11/2014
not so much a review as a question tho i will say that this is awesome.. but anyway if there are/ were 48 model k arwings in the lylat system before the primals came then how many arwings of all types ie model a and c and so on were built in total?
mega-dark chapter 29 . 10/4/2014
Wow, that was a read. And the chapter title made absolute sense.

The paseing was great, the battle awesome, and the Independence Day reference was perfect. I couldn't ask for more (well I could, but I'm not).

More plot holes are dropping left right and center and I am guessing the next chapter will be mostly primals doing, whatever Geasbreaker is planning. I can't wait for the next chapter.
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »