Reviews for The Only Series
DolbyDigital chapter 7 . 3/6/2014
I love the reveal that Angel's no longer a vampire, and his reactions to it. I also really liked that he wanted to be closer to Spike - they'd known each other for over a century, it's natural that there would be some sort of connection there.

I really liked the structure of your chapters; how each one ends with β€˜the only...’ and then a single line of speech consisting of only a few words. Though I think that it would be more powerful if the line of speech were separated, so that more attention was drawn to it, thus making it seem more important.

I think that you characterised everyone perfectly – especially Spike and Xander – and it was so great to read about the situation they inadvertently found themselves in and all of their individual reactions to it.

There were only a few spelling and grammar mistakes throughout, but I wan't really paying too much attention to those because this is such a great plot! I think you did an amazing job :)
DolbyDigital chapter 6 . 3/6/2014
I really like all the details you've used for the spells, and I think that Tara was a good choice for this chapter because she's probably more knowledgeable on this type of magic than Willow - Willow seems to rush into most spells without fully understanding what she's doing.
DolbyDigital chapter 5 . 3/6/2014
I really like how Xander doesn't really trust Willow enough any more to allow her to create, practice and perform the spell on her own. And I loved that creating their own spell so that it would do exactly what they wanted it to do was Tara's idea.
DolbyDigital chapter 4 . 3/6/2014
I love how you've depicted Giles' relationship with Buffy; we always hear how he's like a father figure to her, so it's nice to see that she's also like a daughter to him. And I really liked that you included that he viewed Xaneder as a son - I've actually read quite a lot of fanfic where he treated Buffy and Willow like his almost-daughters but he didn't really seem to like Xander. I think that he would probably have seen them all as his children - he teaches them; tells them when/where they go wrong; he helps them when no one else will; he has to make all the hard decisions that they can't bring themselves to.
DolbyDigital chapter 3 . 3/6/2014
I love Buffy's views on their relationship; I always really like it when we get to read an outsiders point of view on these things. Especially if it's in first person. Once again, great job; this is such an interesting plot - it's certainly not anything I've ever seen before - and I can't wait to see where you go with it next.
DolbyDigital chapter 2 . 3/6/2014
I love that we got to see some of Xander's point of view in this chapter, and we could clearly see that they were both struggling with all the changes that had happened to them. I also really liked that as Xander wasn't actually Sired he's not the same as other vampires; that whilst there are a lot of similarities (and he /is/ a vampire) there are also some key differences. I'm really interested to see how this turns out :)
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
Oh, wow, I love this. It's so beautifully written, and I love all the detail and description you use. I think you captured Spike perfectly - the way he talks; the way he acts - and I love that he's both the same and different now that he's human for the first time in over a century.
SBEL chapter 7 . 7/8/2012
Aww. Bittersweet, but well written.

May your [proverbial] ink keep flowing.
GuilmonTamer chapter 7 . 1/17/2003
Cool ficcy! But it kind-a seems like you should continue it *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*
Adara's Rose chapter 6 . 8/9/2002
*jumps up and down, babbling inhoreantly about how much he likes it*

continue? *puppy dog eyes*
Diartemis chapter 7 . 3/24/2002 Majorly good job..write more like this one, the whole thing with Spike in the sunlight was so...just...great stuff! MORE LIKE THIS CHILD! _ You've got a lot of potential. Beautiful job.
Grinning Reaper chapter 7 . 12/29/2001
In a word: That was fuckin' deep. Okay, that's more than a word. You posses a great deal of talent you know. You write these things and I think I'm in an actual episode because what everyone is doing and saying is what they normally do. I think my favorite part is when Angel is human. All the things he notices. This was very good! Maybe you should give it to Buffy's original creator. That would make the whole new 'Buffy Lives' thingy a hell of alot more interesting. I really dun like the whole Buffy/Spike thing. It's just too wierd.
Seryanda chapter 3 . 8/29/2001
This is really good so far, hope you write more soon...
Jameiko chapter 1 . 8/24/2001
ok please update this soon i'm really loving it so far, please please update it before i go nuts
Seryanda chapter 2 . 8/23/2001
Oh, this was just great! You have to write more!