Reviews for Bush Whacked
skadoo chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
LOL. Sounds just like Murphy...
Sal chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Good job.
Truthisbrutal chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Sorry, but that was kind of two-dimensional. The FYI news-crew banter was bland, and it could easily have been from any episode. There needs to be a lot more plot in there, eventually leading up to a silly but thoughtful climax.. that is, if you'd like to imitate the tone of the original. The part I really thought could have been better was the interview itself. It just seemed really typical "Liberal liberal!" "Conservative conservative!" Personally, I'd like to see Murphy get a clever victory, AND everyone gets to see it happen, to boot. Still, definite good points. The grammar and spelling are good, and the characters aren't overblown versions of themselves - the dialogue could just use some touching up. Keep trying!
SKRowling chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
that was cute... I liked it...
Michelle chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
I thought you had the verbal tempo of the characters down perfectly. I really liked it. Good job.
theaterphunk chapter 1 . 3/23/2005
Haha, I liked that. I think you definitely portrayed Murphy's character well, but you DID make Bush seem too intelligent. Good work, keep it up. I prefer the seasons with Miles, too. :P
Looking for Fiction chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
Is this suppose to be a story or a political statement?

This isn't the way Murphy would of have done it. The Electorial College is our system of government - it isn't cheating. It may be out-dated, it may need to be replaced, but it is still the system we are governed by in the U.S. Murphy is smart enough to know that.

Also, Murphy gets her facts straight and would know that when all was said, done, and rechecked. Bush did win the popular election in Florida. You may be thrilled at that or not like it, but it is still the actual fact. Look it up. Murphy would have.

Now, I could see Murphy going after him for his pro-life stands because that is a debate-able issue not a fact facing our society. It would be a very Murphy think to do actually.

I guess what I am saying is I think your characterization of Murphy is off. I remember her as being a sharp cookie, even if she was loud, opinionated, and very liberal. She was still smart, always prepared, and mostly professional.
Pale Treasures chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
Great fic, I laughed out loud lots of times when I read it and I still do! It is so funny. I just think that the interview of Murphy with the President should have been a little bigger, but that's all. Write more!
Emmy chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Who is youre favorite character? mines my Grandpa! pat Corley!
Lots42 chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
Funny, but the Murphy I remember lets off once in a while. Calms down. And she wouldn't have laid into Bush so much. It's a rare opprotunity. She would have savored it before utterly destroying him.
jen chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
your post looked lonely all by itself in the murphy brown section... loved your fanfic, though the ending feels rushed. i also would have enjoyed more dialogue between murphy and dubya.

but great concept... one interview i really would have loved to see!
DianeB chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
This was cute. Wish there were *more* "Murphy Brown" fics up here!
onlyme1 chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
Not bad. :-)
tvjunkie chapter 1 . 1/25/2002
lmao! Oh, that was great. I very much enjoyed that. You got Murphy dead on, and her questions were fabulous. GO MURPHY!
PioneerGrrrl chapter 1 . 11/22/2001
Yes, it does make him look way too intellegent, but it also got in some really good jabs at the president appoint, so I still like it anyways. As always our fictional feminist journalist asks the blunt, tough questions that need to be addressed. I miss the show.