Reviews for Trial by Fire
YellowShapedBox chapter 20 . 7/21/2014
Not that I have any reason whatsoever to expect an update, but I expect Jauffre will wind up as the traitor? Because I totally got that impression in my first playthrough. The thing that turned on all my alarm bells turned out to be a bug in the dialogue trees where Countess Carvain doesn't talk about the impending invasion when you think she should, but still - there's no better explanation for the Weynon Priory attack in the actual game, and when you combine that with Kvatch and the sewers, that lack of explanation becomes downright maddening.

Also, did you just kill off Baurus and have his killer impersonate him? You sick, sick person.
Tankred chapter 20 . 2/13/2010
Well, not quite as competent as I'd liked but she'll do I guess.
BananaLollipop7 chapter 20 . 12/28/2009
Uh-oh, things don't look too good for Lee at the moment...! Loving the story, and the distrust between the characters- particularly when you stop and think that actually they are *very* trusting in the game... Keep it up!
Seriously Yours chapter 19 . 1/19/2009
Your story is great! I love your heroine, she's down to earth and very believable unlike other fanfic females who are over powered and simple hard to swallow. The interaction between her and Martin is natural and the relationship with Jauffre is just pure win. I hope you do continue because you've got yourself one more fan to add to the legion :P
BananaLollipop7 chapter 19 . 12/29/2008
Great story, characters well developed, etc... Brilliant idea to have Liallan arrested. Keep going!
SherrySummer chapter 19 . 12/29/2008
lol. I like the conflict between Liallan and Jauffre a lot, and arresting her as a spy is something I can see him capable of doing. XD A good story. Well-written and original. Makes a very enjoyable read. _
Pheonicia chapter 18 . 6/30/2008
Ooh! Are those snow wolves? Or just regular wolves? Or maybe werewolves...

I like the wolves, if you couldn't tell. _

Wonderful little chapter, though I feel so sorry for poor Geon! Agh, you keep creating all these wonderful little Bretons, then killing them off and/or making them evil.

So...is the next chapter coming up soon? XD
Chyrstis chapter 17 . 5/27/2008
I just love this story so far. All the character interactions, especially Lee and Martin. Their banter is wonderful and expected and I can't wait to see more. This is just so much fun to read.

Lee is just fun in general, and I hope we get to learn more about her as the story continues.
Sindaheri chapter 17 . 4/19/2008
I like the balance you strike in this story between the humorous and the serious. It's a difficult one to maintain, and you do so masterfully. It makes both the characters and the world seem more vivid and dynamic.

I also like that you've marked the difference between a competent professional killer and a regular (if such a term can be applied to homicidal fanatics) person directed to kill. It's a nice touch, and adds authenticity to your antagonists.
Pheonicia chapter 17 . 4/10/2008
Even though it was serious and action packed, you still made me giggle! Brilliant, as always.
AzureAquarius chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
What is this? The Mythic Dawn calling for the Dark Brotherhood for some pointers perhaps? I'm so very intrigued! I hope to see that cloaked Dunmer again!

And what of Martin and 'Lee'?

Nice chapter, can't wait for more!
Pheonicia chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
Morag Tong! Oh, that is interesting. Grumpy Morag Tong, no less.

That must have been quite a deal to get them to operate in Cyrodiil.

Of course, now I'm very curious as to where you're going with things...
JawsOfOblivion chapter 16 . 12/26/2007
Oh, intriguing. The plot thickens, and all that. :D

I loved the little comment about Lex's efforts in the Courier - bless his little obsessive heart! XD
evercharmer chapter 16 . 12/25/2007
What I never understood is why they didn't send one Mythic Dawn member into Kvatch to kill Martin. All they would have needed to do is dress this person in normal clothes, have him or her go find Martin, and after finding him just snapping his neck or something. Then they could have continued on by opening up Oblivion gates with assured success, the hero would have failed, and in the chaos nobody would have even been able to set up any real kind of defense. If there was no way to set up a defense, their certainly would no way to have an opposing force, and if there was, there would be no way to permanently close the gates. This would lead to Dagon's victory, which even if there was a grand army to combat his forces, daedra are reincarnated, where as mortals are not [at least not in the same way] and Dagon has an uncountable amount of daedra to fight. There would be no way for the Empire or anyone else to defeat Dagon.

Wow, that was a mouthful. XD
Jetpack Sunrise chapter 11 . 12/25/2007
This story is quite brilliant. Descriptions, action, characters and emotions are all done really well, with a great writing style. It's good to see a few more main quest novelisations around.

Uh, the only criticisms I can think of are the minor ones mentioned by Pseudomonus. There's a few confusing sentences here and there, but that's about it.

So keep going, because otherwise I'll... send you a strongly-worded email.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »