Reviews for Vengeance Doesn't Pay
pseud0zombie chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Very good fic! Your writing style flows seamlessly and your descriptions are wonderful.

And your plot is solid enough that you could have continued if you wanted. Excellent.
firedrakegirl chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Interesting! I like the idea! More please! Maybe Johnny could find out that his boss is the devil...?
H.J. Bender chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Why, in the name of all that is holy, hasn't this story gotten more attention? D:

I think this fic's composition is just fantastic, combining elements of humor and eeriness into a well-formed story that keeps the reader interested and guessing until the very end. And I have to say, as a born and raised Georgian of 25 years, you've got a firm handle on the southern accent, and it was done artfully, too! (i.e., not the generic drawling redneck.) The conversation between Blackheart and Mephisto was a treat, especially the hints at Blackheart's suffering in the background. Your narrative voice is perfect, your grammar flawless...you're my hero. It was a privilege to read this superior story-I count myself lucky to have found it here in the Pit.

Keep up the great work, my friend!
Swann Shooter chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Oh wow. This is very good. It almost sounds like the devil is missing his favorite toy ...I'd miss Johnny too . I love how you had Mephostpheles tell Johnny

about his son without really letting on that he's Satan's Spawn.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
That was quite a twist at the end. Will Johnny find out that "Bob" is really Mephistopheles?

CT
Nightmare Anatomy chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
O.o

woah. nice! love the conversation between Blackie and Mephistopheles. Very nice...very, VERY nice!
Topgallant chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Wow. I certainly wasn't expecting Bob to be Mephisto, though there /was/ something decidedly off about him. Guess I was right.

Great story! I love how you portray Johnny's character, and I adored the line "...leaving Johnny free to pursue his other job without bursting into flames the moment some scumbag dragged his ass through the door."

Very funny. It's nice that you added some humorous elements into this story.

I also love the dialogue that passes between all of the characters. I knew immediately who 'Bob' was once his son spoke up.

I can't help but think that lingering around Johnny is exactly what he'd do. I thought Blackheart was imprisoned in Hell after the end of the movie, but I like that he's out and about.

It adds to it. :)

Good job. I'd love to hear more!
SJ777 chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Nice change of pace. Just a nitpick, Mephisto technically ain't the Devil, though he likes to give that impression.