Reviews for Building Cages
Victoriam Speramus chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
This is very dark. It's powerful and really makes you feel as Syl does.
lora chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
hi. Great story ! just so u know, i'v wrote into u b4 but usinf dif. names like "zoe,Lilly,lisa," and some other. But if u won't to add more can, u make it turm out max reeally didn't die, it was her sis. sam, and alec and max hook up. please
Harmonie chapter 1 . 1/23/2002
Although it was dark, it was great! A good look at what could be a side effect of their genes and of the consequences of loving someone (the building of cages). Great writing!
Darni chapter 1 . 11/22/2001
Opps. Wrong story. I meant the "x-men" one. sorry. man. I'm getting red faced
Darnielle chapter 1 . 11/22/2001
*sigh* I know I've already said something, but I'd like to say it again: PLEASE CONTINUE! There aren't much Alec fic. out there.
jen's angel chapter 1 . 9/7/2001
makes me want to cry so much!they're all DEAD!okay i'm crying now.
Laura chapter 1 . 8/25/2001
Okay can we say Brooding? Seriously, that was VERY SAD! but good job!
Isabel chapter 1 . 8/24/2001
That was a beautiful story. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks.
Mutant Horse chapter 1 . 8/24/2001
I liked it!
alowlypotato chapter 1 . 8/24/2001
Rambling? Noooo. That was excellent. Powerful and beautifully written. Nice work.
Nikki chapter 1 . 8/23/2001
wow. that's amazing. i love ur writing style, it's great. now excuse me while i go try to find what other stories u've written...
D.M.O 452 chapter 1 . 8/23/2001
Great stuff, real dark and depressive, but sadly realistic for the most part. It kinda makes sense how you made things turn out in the end, with all the X5's dead or overwhelmed with pain and suffering, and Syl realizing the emptiness of the freedom they sacrificed so much for. Very emotional, great writing. I hope you make more like it.
Nautica7mk chapter 1 . 8/23/2001
Wow! I mean WHOA! It's far from 'a pretty dark little ramble.' Your story is unlike any I've read before and very thought provoking too IMHO. It really stuck out, it made me feel depressed but it's an excellent piece of work.
a fan chapter 1 . 8/23/2001
Pari you have outdone yourself with this one. This is an amazingly haunting piece. I read it almost a week ago and I still keep thinking about it. It's hard to think that Seattle could get any worse but you have made the disaster after the war amazingly real. The contrast between Syl's health and the living skeletons that still scavange there was very powerful. Syl's comment that they didn't even bother to beg showed just how pathetic the situation course in this fic neither Zack nor Max nor Logan would survive. Logan's reaction to Max's death was perfectly appropriate. "He was on the government’s most wanted list in a month." He even killed Lydecker. It is just the kind of extreme response that seems to be hiding under Logan's surface and is just looking for an excuse to the darkness of this universe hopeful thoughts still come through. Although Logan and Matt get killed Matt's son takes over as Eyes Only. He gets killed as well and several others after that but the eyes continue to appear. I love the way you used the changing eyes to show how dangerous being Eyes Only can be to a person's health. Still, no matter how bleak the world is, Eyes Only continues to survive and fight for the right. I also really liked Syl's thought that the strong do more than survive they LIVE. The idea that quality of life is more important than length is a very powerful one. The saddest part is that Syl doesn't feel she has the strength to 'Live' anymore. The end wasn't weak, rather it reflected Syl's tiredness perfectly well. This was a wonderfully sad and haunting piece. Beautiful Job!
Michelle Drake chapter 1 . 8/23/2001
That was really really really good! I liked it a lot!