Reviews for At Last
AngelOfDeath07 chapter 1 . 2/15
Hey, its been a while huh but i don't know how I didn't read this fic before! And what a fic! At first I thought Casey was marrying Derek but then it turned out to be Edwin! And what a mess Edwin made he could have choosen a better time to drop that bomb :/ I thought Derek was gonna do something else when he gave that speech oh and he slept with Lizzie! So much happened its unreal. I did feel for Lizzie though she wants Casey to be happy but at the same time resents her for nearly marrying the guy she loves. I got a little confused with the other sibling but still a great fic :) I like fics like this where I don't know whats gonna happen next.
Deanie
amyh52 chapter 1 . 1/13
Wow! Such a tale. Thanks for this great day!
Odd man out chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I loved this story, it was well written and engaging, but I do hate one thing, how you portray ed. He's shown to be a good guy in the series, and even more-so, he is a good guy. Maybe I just feel differently because I can understand his situation, being wholly, truly, 100% in love with one person but not being able to have them as opposed to loving someone, loving them alot, and being able to have them. And with the second person, you honestly do love them and want them happy, but you know marrying them, or promising them things that will never come to pass will only end badly. Edwin made the right decision by ending it, even though I think if the story was real life, it should have never happened, him getting with Casey I mean, not that the story shouldn't have happened. I hate how everyone seems to hate Edwin at the end, but I understand why, he looks like a scumbag, and I think the only reason I can say what I am is because I know what it's like, how much it sucks. I think if nothing else, Derek should have understood, what it was like to love someone, and wanting to be with them, enough so that you'll be with them even if it hurts someone else. It's not a terribly nice approach, but it does make sense. I'm not saying he should've defended Edwin, but he dind't ahve to be so horrible.

Again, loved the story, it was wonderful.
Caris L. Clearwater chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Whoa, wicked wedding. I love how you made it sound like Casey was getting ready to marry Derek, but then switched it around so at the last moment we pieced together that she was marrying Edwin. Very clever.

-peace
GG chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Wow that was a really good story especially since I never like reading one shot I would like to say that pastors don't say man and wife any more because it is supposed to suggest that the man owns the wife instead of a normal give and take, fair and mutual relationship. So it's been changed to husband and wife, next time you might want to refrain from writing man and wife in a story about a wedding because that's pretty sexist. Which I'm guessing your not because your a female.
maktub chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Wow! That was incredible, i was nervous to start reading it simply because of its sheer length, but I am so glad that I did. You are a fantastic writer and that was a fantastic story. I love that the ending isn't so defined, but you can sense that Casey and Derek will end up together.

Amazing! Thank you for writing such fantastic stories
Avide chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Edwin was my third idea as to whom Casey was greeting at the alter. Oh man. Plenty of tension in this story, which was GREAT. Excellent job with that.

You steered this story in all the right ways, I think.
CharryBlossom chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
I can't decide whether it was sad or happy, but it was a good story and the way you said, absolutely lovely.
Myrle 16 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
long

but good

i like it!

not the edwin/casey relationship, but

i still liked it!
Vimmi99 chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
wow.

I don't think I've ever read a piece like this before. It's so sad and beautiful and overall amazing. You have the characters down patt without a doubt. Everyone is so true that I almost dont believe this is fanfiction.

I'll admit it you had me fooled at the start, I believed she was marrying Derek. I enjoyed how you kept me sorta wondering throughtout the whole piece.

My favourite part (although one of the saddest) was Derek actually filling her in on the Lizzie Edwin deal. All of the scenes including Derek were beautiful. It was exquistively written, and I only wish i had half your talent. Thanks for such an amazing story.

Vicki
Lady Eirenna chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
Bah. I've read this story so many times. Actually, YOU are the person who inspired my adoration of Cedwin. I hate the things he does to her in this story though. *cries a little* It's very, VERY good (though hmm...Cedwin, Lizwin, Dasey and Dizzie in one story? Soap opera much?) because of how real it is. I mean, how much I can feel the emotions of the characters. You make it super believeable on some level (though I would disown my sister if she went after MY fiancee (hee, no chance of that though. She's not my sister's type, to say the least) and I would probably rip her hair out).

Speaking of Cedwin, I seriously love Cedwin now. Cedwin and Dizzie are my anti-Dasey/Lizwin. Dasey and Lizwin are like a drug for me, too much and I end up sick from OD'ing on them. I need Cedwin and Dizzie to counter-balance Dasey and Lizwin. They're a palate cleanser.

I hope you don't mind though, that sometimes when I read this, I mentally switch everyone's roles around for fun. Sometimes it's Casey and Derek getting married and Derek and Lizzie are in love, sometimes it's Derek and Lizzie getting married and it's Dasey and Lizwin again, sometimes it's Edwin and Lizzie getting married and it's Cedwin and Dizzie. It's fun, I think. It's a story that has many possible 'tries', sort of like the three endings to Clue the Movie or a Choose Your Own Adventure story or something. I think my favorite is Derek and Casey are getting married, Derek falls for Lizzie and Edwin's there to pick up the pieces of Casey's shattered heart. I also like Derek and Lizzie because it's Derek getting his character trashed.

I think I like Edwin as a character most out of the LWD cast because I can relate to him the best. We have the same awkward sense of humor, the same love of learning, we're both kind of nosy, I tend to look up to my (admittedly younger) sister, who's quite the charmer herself, I'm a school nerd, I say and do stupid stuff a lot and we're both really close to our sisters. :D So I feel a little protective of Ed I guess. It's weird I suppose. I also like Cedwin cos they're the cute nerdy couple, whereas Dizzie is the fun couple.

Well, I wasn't sure how long this review would be (and I know you love those long ones!) but I suppose I managed to make it nice and long! Anyway, thanks for this amazing story. You write the best. Also. WHERE IS MAH UPDATES BIOTCH? You so owe me for making you into a star on my forum. Hee. Remember?

Peace out,

Eirenna
AngelOfMusic123 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Seriously. I didn't notice this before, but *dang*.

Why are people so touchy about lengths? It wouldn't be the length it is if it wasn't necessary for the story to be told as beautifully as it was.

Oi.

I think it's perfect the way it is.
SNN chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
I gotta say, I've missed your writing.

I was NOT expecting that. I mean, not with this part:

"At first she'd protested the expense, but he had said that she deserved it for sticking with him for five years (“and you know it wasn't easy,” he'd added with a mischievous smile). "

The little "mischievous smile" part had me thinking that it was Derek. Really. And so I was all, OMG, this is going to be a wonderful fluffy Dasey fic and I'm going to be surpressing girly squeals for the rest of the night. But then I got to the wedding vows part and I was like, "Wtf, mate?"

Shocker.

I was stumped, to say the least.

And then when Derek kept sticking up for her... seriously, I hate how much I'm in love with him in the world of fanfiction. It's not healthy. Hehe...

Anyways, I seriously loved this. You did a fantastic job. ]
Soul-Full-Eyes chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
you're evil so evil lol this was just to good i mean you really should consider a sequel plz...jk i know you said one-shot and wow it rocked *sighs*i want derek lol_
Serena2100 chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
OMG! I love it! Please please please write a sequel or something!