Reviews for Terminal Velocity
schizofredia chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I really really liked this fic. I haven't always watched House but I know enough about what has happened to appreciate this. I like how you used the Terminal velocity theme through out. I've read some stories that have a very interesting premise but they don't carry it through to fruition. They make it more of a "here is the idea and I won't do much with it but here is the idea." You make a point to give us a constant reminder.

To me, and this very well could just be me, the Terminal velocity is very much a analogy for him falling in love with Cameron again. He is hurtling faster and faster toward the ground but she is the enigmatic force that brings him to a screeching halt and jerks him back up again. Saying that, it makes me realize that you were alluding to something "saving" Chase from "hitting the ground." Cameron is the force that works against Chase's Terminal Velocity.

Again...another solid fic. I always love reading your fic because it is so easy to relate to the characters. I love when I can really empathize and feel what the characters are feeling. Out of all the fic I have read from you that one constant is there. You take us into the mind, heart, body, and soul of the characters.
kjhrhuarhw chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
ASHK:HJFDKHJSKF! On a more coherent note, this was beautiful. I loved the cyclic nature of the piece and it's revolution around one phrase and idea, but expressed in so many different ways. When you read good fanfic, it sucks you in and you don't have to TRY to see what's happening, you're watching it. You can tell when author's aren't just watching the show, but trying to get inside the minds of the characters - trying to understand them - and that, my dear, is how you write. And I love it. And you make me want to watch House, even the crappy parts. So here's to you and all of your awesomely angsty, wonderful, deep, developed, and LIVING fic.
the-vampire-act chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
wow...

that was undescribably awesome...
airmac chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Very nice, very sweet, very beautiful! Thank you!
kill-kiss-be chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
oh.

my.

that was...just amazing. i'm pretty much lost for words but lets see what i can manage. i'm sitting here crying after reading that. it was brilliant and beautiful and sad and...wow.

wonderful job. you're an amazing writer.
reader2008 chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
seriously, that was interesting.
DrChaseIsLove chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
i definitely liked the second one better (probably because it tied it all together) the end was amazing and using calc in it was way cool (im only in algebra 2 so i didnt really get it but hey nerds will be nerds ])

nice job!
FieryxEyes731 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
also fantastically written. i know it's already ended, but i certainly wouldn't object to a continuation of any kind...
Symbolist chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Oh, I really like this! I like how it keeps going back to your Calculus (you're officially the biggest geek ever for that, by the way).
heather1021 chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
interesting. the whole thing. even your inspiration! i have never heard of a fic being inspired by a calculus problem! ah calculus. did you like it? what level? I, II, I? i've taken I and II. so how are you? how's college going?
WrongfulActs chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
That was absolutely beautiful.

I have tears in my eyes now.
Schuyler Lola chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
You made me cry. Happy tears. Sad tears. Maybe both. That was amazing. So beautiful, so perfect. I love your interpretations of the the characters. I love your versions of their future selves, and the way you describe the scene. Subtle, but so clearly. I loved this.
January-21 chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
amazing!
dacarie chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
My inner nerd was complaining about the physics of it all until my romantic self hit it with a frying pan. On second reading it came together for me. Good tie in to the self-help notebook at the end.

It is a more poetic style than The Shortest Distance and I really like it. It reminds me of the first chapter of Exposure.
opals chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
That was so beautiful, I don't even know what to say. The story, the repeated imagery...everything just came together so beautifully that I actually teared up at the end.