Reviews for The Golden Age
r2d2 chapter 13 . 6/12/2011
oh my god...this was such a great story... it was REALLY good...
xoxokiss210 chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
i loved
Ruttan chapter 13 . 7/17/2009
I have to say that this is one of the best stories I've read yet. One of the things that I really like about the show is the UST and the friendship the two share. I like the interplay and how they work together playing on each other's strengths. You have captured these elements to a tee. You have done a terrific job. Keep up the good work.
stairwaytotheskies chapter 13 . 7/26/2008
This story was amazing. I thought this played out very much like an episode, especially the end. _

And by finishing this fic, I have officially read all of your stories. I think you're an amazing author with a really good feel for the show. It's people like you that makes me have hope for the fan fiction in this fandom. :D

I'm looking forward to your next work!
Stef chapter 13 . 6/30/2008
Hey, I just wanted to say that I loved your fic! I've always been interested in mythology, so that was a very interesting turn of the story. Also, its refreshing to see someone come up with an interesting and beleiveable casefic. Heck, I'd like to see it actually get acted out! (one can only hope the ice cube goodness would stay ;) )Great job on the plot, and awesome characterization!.
LunaP424 chapter 11 . 6/13/2008
wow. this has been great so far. I really like greek mythology [though i can never remember most of the specifics] and so this was very enjoyable to read. two of my favorite things.

i really liked this chapter because 1. i was proven right [to myself] about it being the janitor. I knew it when he walked in on them during the ice scene because i remembered he bumped into the first guy...matt...and then i remembered the fire and ice line from the poem. (i feel really proud of myself.) and 2. i think the Apollo/Artemis [A&A parallel B&B, how quaint!] and their connection to B&B was very well thought out, I wouldnt have guessed such a deep connection to mythological characters, but ther it is. hopefully their crossing of the line doesnt indeed cause the universe to become unstable...but I will continue to keep that parallel in mind, because i think it is something worth exploring...

anyways, enough rambling from me...I am off to read the rest!
BlueSea14 chapter 13 . 6/10/2008
I very much enjoyed this story.

I loved the basis in mythology, and I especially liked how Booth was the mythological expert. That just seems very fitting. I remember that I liked mythology as a kid, too - in fact, I think many young children did. It was an interesting topic. And it somehow fits Booth more than any of the Squints, because they are all more interested in scientific things, and fact, and they wouldn't have pursued mythological reading when they could do other things that they liked - Hodgins and his bugs, Angela and her art, Brennan and her bones. :D

I also very much liked the way that this didn't end up with them together, at the end. It's nice to read those, but I thought that your way was much more true to the episodes. And I think that the very strong suggestion at the end of the chapter, with Brennan and Booth's dialogue, was perfect.

The story itself was wonderful. I loved the plot. I love your writing. And I think you did an absolutely amazing job. :)
TheLifeILive chapter 13 . 5/21/2008
I just read this entire story and I think it was brilliant!

I've always been interested in mythology. Admittedly, I don't know all that much, but I think it's fascinating. The way that you integrated it into the case was very well done. The whole thing was incredibly well written and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The ice cube part, so hot! I loved the last little bit of dialogue. I don't think I've ever read a story with more sexual innuendos, it was awesome!

I loved your little poems. I can't write poetry at all and I know nothing about good poetry, so despite my lack of knowledge of muths and poetry, I still want to say that I think your notes were very well written.

Terrific!

Leah
mistopher chapter 13 . 2/16/2008
me fic just read the whole thing tonight i only have one more of your fics to read and i've read them all! yay (that means you've got to start writing more missy lol) i love the way you write and the characters all all so in character i don't know how you do it!
jaymieg chapter 13 . 1/9/2008
Oh my, that was a delightful story to read!

I enjoyed the mythology aspect of the mystery. The time and effort you put into the research was evident. I found your story to be very similar to an episode in the plot development and characterizations.

Thank You!
TemperTemper chapter 13 . 1/6/2008
Hey you, been on the hunt for stuff I haven't read before and since you started posting this on the ABY I trotted over here to find it. I loved it!

Kudos to you for a great case-style fic, I only wish I had any idea where to start with one. Loved the classics stuff - I remember studying all that at school, I used to love the stories.

The end was very satisfying - just like one of their 'moments' in the show. Loved the 'Ready when you are.'

Going to read your other stuff when I get a moment, frankly amazed that I hadn't got round to searching them out before ;)

Kate x
violets92 chapter 13 . 1/5/2008
I really don't read case fics, because they're usually written terribly and some authors usually focus more on the cheesy BB action than anything, but I read "You're Lovely to Me" and I *had* to check this out.

It's brilliant.

You've captured the characters perfectly, the case kept me enthralled and I didn't once have an inclination to skip over certain bits. There was just enough BB action, and it wasn't at all corny or out of character.

Plus there's just the fact that Ancient Greek mythology fascinates me.

Amazing work. You should be immensely proud.
VampirateLycan chapter 13 . 1/3/2008
It was good I liked it. Very episody. hehe :)
VampirateLycan chapter 10 . 1/3/2008
Oh my God! Oh my God! :O
VampirateLycan chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Was scared it was Booth for a sec. Phew! hehe :)