Reviews for Dark and Light
SilveryKitsune chapter 54 . 7/5/2013
I feel bad that I missed this during the times when I was looking for Hawk x Lise fics, but I found this and enjoyed it thoroughly! To be honest, I skipped some of the battle stuff just because I like details of the characters' feelings, development, and relationships, but that's just me liking the story aspect :)

Thanks for writing such a great fanfic even though this was back in 2007
Wolferrath chapter 51 . 3/16/2011
That is the best HawkXLise(Reisz,Risu) story ever. If this chapter was on the game, then who knows, would've been awesome than HawkXJessica D:

Otherwise, fantastic work you did with this chapter.
scrumpleberry chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Love this story, a really great interpretation of one of my favourite games. No idea why it doesn't have more review. Also, your writing style definitely develops and improves, it's great to watch.

Also, Angela is your main, which is excellent ;)
Measured chapter 25 . 1/23/2009
I suppose it's odd to say in a rather sad chapter the first thing I have to mention is how cute it was that Carlie wanted to talk to the Mana Goddess more. I can just see her flooding the Mana Goddess with all sorts of kiddie questions XD (Why is the sky blue? Etc.)

Other than that, a powerfully written chapter. I loved the Koren - Angela showdown. "I wish you'd quit whining" heheh. The protectiveness from Duran was def. appreciated as well.
Measured chapter 24 . 1/22/2009
You know, me saying "THIS CHAPTER WAS ADORABLE" probably isn't the type of review you're expecting but there was so many cute moments - Carlie loving to ride on the...Turtle thing. Booskaboo. RACER TURTLE. Something. The Kevin and Flammie talk, the 'almost romanantic' part with Duran. It softened an otherwise harsh part of the game.

Actually, this part of the game itself creeped me out because of the music. Music can really affect me, I can't watch Lost because the creepy music put me so on edge that it bugged me even after the show was over.
songbird peals chapter 56 . 1/9/2009
Beautiful story. It is probably the most well-written AND well-narrated story of SD3 I've read. What I really appreciated were the little details you added that created a whole different world than the one presented by the game. Your innovation concerning the storyline - the way you combined the three - makes it both unique and noteworthy.

But more importantly, it was your ability to depict and enhance the characters personalities that won my heart. Their development throughout the story, their interactions, their inmost thoughts... I felt that every thing fitted together and made the narration fluid and pleasant.

My favourite character, if I may add, was Carlie. The blending of her childishness and her insight was a great touch. Her devotion to the Goddess was very cute. And her development very well handled.

Thank you very much for posting this exquisite story!
WildfireDreams chapter 56 . 12/9/2008
Utterly amazing! You had me so abosrbed in this that I read this from start to finish yesterday until 5am this mornining. I didn't reveiw until now because I was so tired and went to sleep. You are a fantastic writer and I look forward to read more of your works.
Measured chapter 23 . 8/14/2008
All in all, a good chapter. I like the little touches here and there, and the fight scene was quite awesome. Aww, Duran is jealous of healin' fiend Carlie (or maybe he's just regretting that he didn't go for Duelist after all..)
Measured chapter 22 . 8/2/2008
Phew,I finished this ages ago but have been too busy/tired to get back~ Hurrah (?) for massive surprise (friend's) birthdays.

Actually, Kevin/Lise isn't that far off. When I firstfirst popped into the fandom, I found a surprising amount of it. It always made me 'bwuh?' at it because Kevin seems well, boyish. The description about beastmen aging is very apt; I think Carlie is the same being half-elf. Sure she was intended to be cute and all, but she doesn't look or act 16. Elf-blood? If the elves are anything like general mythology, 16 might as well be 6.

The 'Fairy Grampa' part and fleshing out of the Diorre section was adorable~ Also the Hawk introspective was a nice touch. Also, the last class changing part was very cute and very Carlie-ish.
Measured chapter 21 . 7/24/2008
Siigh, it ate my email. Trying again...

Again, I really like your take on Kevin, simplistic but not TOO much so with a sense of innocence; He never feels dumbed down throughout this. I also liked the take on the forest, the descriptions and the sort of life you wove into it, and Angela's take on the Altena invasion.

Also much love to Kevin's class changing scene, it was a really nice add.

And I'll have to get to the rest later because omg it's time for sleeping now.
Measured chapter 20 . 7/23/2008
She was a little in awe of Lise’s sense of responsibility. Faced with the woman who was her rival for the man she loved, Angela might have just let her die. Well, she wouldn’t really, but she would have definitely toyed with the idea. My thoughts exactly! I was pretty surprised when Lise worked so hard to save Jessica, yet that seems a very Lise-ish thing to do.

In the game I always expected more from the Jessica scene. This account definitely expands on it, it does help to see that Hawk hasn't immediately forgotten her over Lise, though still there's not much positive to work on for her characterization, I suppose XD
Measured chapter 19 . 7/23/2008
Oh, another nice chapter I liked the rendering of Hawk's memories, and the fight scene was quite well done~! The Heal Light with Duran was cute~! Angela's response to the desert was amusing as well~

I think your take on Hawk's regrets and feelings was good here! You didn't tone down his (lingering?) feelings for Jessica, yet they didn't seem overdone as well.

And on that tangent, the rest of that train of thought will have to go for the next chapter!
Measured chapter 18 . 7/23/2008
That was beautiful and yet so ouch worthy at the end (esp. since I know the Navarre desert is coming up next and that means Hawk/Jessica scenes. Poor Lise D:)

I like your take on the 'love scenes'. Delicate, intimate, and very, very PG-13.
Measured chapter 17 . 7/21/2008
The class changing sequence was really well fleshed out. From the memories to their choices, it all felt so right in game sequence that I rather wished the game HAD gone into that much depth.

All really nicely done. I wish I could comment more, but my sleep deprivation has gone into critical mode. Hgh. One more chapter and I'm out.
Measured chapter 16 . 7/21/2008
Argh, it ate my review. Piecing together, probably much shorter. Sorry!

This is probably the most well paced, best written chapter so far. The little details (the coats, the explanation about goddess statues, the golem fight) All fit really well into the storyline, nothing felt superfluous or ill picked.

And onto the next one.