Reviews for Double Blessing
gginsc chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Nice. Good story.
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
This is really neat! I can see why it won!
Keshieshimmer chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
Now that is GREAT writing! The dedication was heartfelt and magical as well.
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Beautiful story, working very well. Thank you for writing and sharing!

Aislynn
Laermeluion chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I absolutely loved it! I loved the way you described the movement, the way you wrote Legolas's insecurities, the way you wrote how his master helped him to increase his confidence...basically everything about this story i loved it lol.

Congrats on winning 2nd place! For someone to write a first fanfic and win 2nd place in a contest, you sure is a very very good writer. I hope you write more!

Laer
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Congratulations on winning second place!. Way to go, mellon nin! I love this story, which is why it got my top vote. :o)

We so often think of elves as being perfect, but it was actually nice to see Legolas having some doubts, as a trainee. Vulnerability can be endearing, as in this case. It was strange to think of Legolas feeling awkward with his knives. I love the way Golradir gently but firmly brought Legolas's level of confidence up, and I think we can believe it had a lot to do with how important to him his knives became.

The story is well written and visually descriptive.
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
This one had my vote! A beautifully written piece that stunned me with simply beauty and nostalgia-I too know and love my many masters and tutors over the years. Thank you for sharing this piece with us.

The Lady of Light
Thranduil Oropherion Redux chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Applause! I concur with the others - this is a beautifully written story. If this story won a Second, I would surely like to see the one that took first.

Thank you for sharing it. And thank you to Wendwriter for steering me to it.
AC2 chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Beautiful work. I have seen a few great pieces like this recently, stories that had many elements of recognisable cultures and practices. They are so well-woven into the fabric of the story that, though at first glance they look as if they might not belong there after all, they actually do.

Added to my favourite stories list, and honoured on my forum on "The best combat scenes" thread.
Elena Zovatto chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Excellent work - a good story, well characterized, well-written - and a situation anyone and everyone who has ever had to work at learning something (as compared to just getting it) can relate to.

Very, very good indeed.
CAH chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Excellent story. I enjoyed it very much. Hope to see more from you!
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Congrats on winning 2nd! I read this story over at Teitho, and wondered who wrote this fic.

Your style is pleasurable to read.

Regards,