Reviews for GUNSMOKE Wichita
NevadaRose chapter 14 . 8/1/2014
I"ve enjoyed this, and wondered why you never finished it. Is there a chance for more, please?
JudithH chapter 14 . 1/26/2012
I go back to this story every once in awhile, hoping that you have continued it. I want Matt to find Kitty and everything to be all right. Would you think about getting back to it?
cazh chapter 14 . 5/29/2010
MarMar,

I feel so bad for Kitty. You set the chapter very nicely, building the anticipation with new clothes, the kiss she gave Frank. Then the poor soul had to look into the past and see that this had all happened before, but with matt.

You do not show her as giving up. Kitty knows she'll get back on her feet-tomorrow. She is a surviver.

But my heart breaks for her.

Nice work to bring out these emotions.

char
TXCatFL chapter 14 . 3/4/2010
Aw, no! And here I thought things might be different for her...Frank had better have a good explanation and I hope she finds someone to take her. Of course, having Frank show up last minute would be preferable.
TXCatFL chapter 13 . 3/4/2010
Wow! When you return, it's with a vengeance! I was just thinking about this story and wondering when I might see an update. I'm pleased that I have another chapter after this one. Poor Kitty, I wish she didn't have to live in the shadow of Matt's mis-steps and poor Frank...I don't think he can measure up no matter how hard he tries. Also, nicely done on giving her a new setting to play with. I always thought she'd head to New Orleans or St. Louis myself, but maybe not. Well written!
River Walk chapter 14 . 2/26/2010
You can't leave it here for to long, MarMar1! Poor Kitty feeling so melancholy and blaming herself for being stood up, ONCE AGAIN! While it can be fun to wonder- playing the "He loves me, he loves me not" daisy petal one by one extraction game in my minds eye, "Will Frank show, will he not?" , it is difficult to observe Kitty berate herself so needlessly! Any man who wouldn't come hell or highwater for a savy, beautiful, passionate woman such as Kitty, can't be playing with a full deck and must not be worth her heartache! I'm hoping Kitty will be pleasantly surprised, last minute as it may be, by a (I'm hoping) man worthy of her heart.
Daisy Mae chapter 14 . 2/25/2010
Bittersweet chapter hereKitty has been down this road so many times, we feel her excitement at the dress shop and then her sorrow leaning against the window, all thoughts leading to a no show by Frank.

But...alas...Kitty had Franks leftovers sent to her suite, no need to pay for storage Frank!So Frankie still has to come by her suitehere's hoping they both get lucky and go to the Spring Fling!

as another Frank would sayring-a-ding-ding!

loving this story-chapter 15-please, before me and Suzanne celebrate another bday!
gsobsess chapter 14 . 2/25/2010
Wow,another powerful chapter, simple narration that really shows us how deep seated the pain, the past and the dissapointments are embedded in Kitty's psyche. I am so very glad you have decided to revisit this story.
LadyofDodge chapter 14 . 2/25/2010
Gee, Molly, I know I whined about the...ahem...two year hiatus between chapters, but this time you wrote so fast you forgot something. You know, the part where Frank arrives at Kitty's door all scruffy and gorgeous and out of breath, saying, "See, told you I'd make it."

In spite of that little oversight, I do love the title and Kitty's thoughts as she waits for yet another man to return to her.

Suzanne
Vess chapter 14 . 2/25/2010
i'm loving this story more and more. I can't wait to see what Kitty is going to do.
Pigletia chapter 14 . 2/24/2010
You ended it here? I have the arm rippers, ya know... I could use them... though since it is you, my dear Mar Mar... I'll hold off... I assume correctly that Chapter 15 will be posted soon, like later tonight? *G* You know how Piggy hates to wait! And when Frank gets there, just bypass the Spring Fling dance and go to the REAL Spring Fling... *G*
rjkelley58 chapter 13 . 2/18/2010
Matt WHERE ARE YOU? Somehow Matt has to find Kitty and put a stop to this! I think it's pretty mean of Frank not to even have wired Matt telling him Kitty is there. They're supposed to be real good friends aren't they?

*big sigh* :-(
mahc chapter 13 . 2/17/2010
Oh boy! I'm delighted to see another chapter. It's been wayy too long. So...now we have an answer for why she's left Dodge. I'm trying not to like Frank, but you've made him quite likable. Still, I'm pulling for Matt to get his butt (cute one that it is) to NOLA and get her back. I am hoping you have another chapter hanging around ready to post soon!
LadyofDodge chapter 13 . 2/17/2010
YAY! Finally-a new chapter!

And a great one it is, too. It's interesting, we know Frank only from "Exodus," but you're writing him exactly the way I see and hear him in my head But I'm worried-please don't let anything happen to him on this trip.

And, Molly, please, please don't wait another two years before posting the next chapter! I'm 65 years old, so would be 67 when chapter 14 comes along, and then two more years 'til the next one...I'd really like to finish reading this story while I still have all my faculties and can remember who Matt and Kitty and Frank even are!

Suzanne
Pigletia chapter 13 . 2/17/2010
Matt Dillon WHO?

Totally loving this, Mar-Mar. I can hardly wait till Saturday night AFTER the spring fling!

Piggy is in HOG heaven!