Reviews for Pieces of War
tigerlily124 chapter 4 . 7/3/2014
Well done on the story. I never really liked Martha very much, but I think this was very well done.
Scholar of Imagination chapter 2 . 3/28/2014
Thank you for this because it helped me remember the names of the different sections of the spine. :)
Angela M chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
It's a real shame that you don't feel Martha, because I have to say you wrote a fantastic Martha fic. I guess if you only had to write one then I'm glad that this is the one you wrote. I adore the fact that you put Narrha in a situation where she had to perform surfer, because I think this was completely lacking from canon. Well done.
Whisper chapter 4 . 4/2/2012
Awesome!xD
PhoenixWytch chapter 4 . 11/7/2009
Nice.

Thanks for writing.
xXMXx chapter 2 . 9/8/2009
You may not love Martha but you write her really well! As a die-hard Martha fan, I absolutely loved this (I read it ages ago before but it just seems to be one of the few stories that I can go back and read again and again). This is the first and only story that I've liked enough to add to my favourites (and I've read a lot!) Great work, keep it up! X
BellesAndRoses chapter 4 . 5/10/2009
Aw, that's sweet! I don't particularly like Martha very much, but this story shows a better side to her. Less whiny, more helpful. I like that D

I have to ask, though.. could you maybe write a DW story where the Doctor gets hurt or something and Rose has to take care of him? If you wrote it, it'd be a lot better than the other stories like that I've read.

-TPA
kateydidnt chapter 4 . 12/9/2008
Brilliant fic! Very well written.
ann no aku chapter 4 . 8/28/2008
Great work, as usual, but I can't help but to feel slightly cheated. I really wish that Martha would have had an accident. You see, I'm not so big on her.
Persiflage chapter 4 . 2/13/2008
Someone recommended this story over on the LJ Comm Life On Martha, and I'm very grateful as it's very good. Lovely to see Ten taking care of Martha, as well as her using her medical skills.
celticfox chapter 4 . 9/19/2007
Wow, you really like injuring your poor characters, don't you? :)
Syreene chapter 4 . 9/19/2007
Nice work! You really captured Martha's determination and will to be a doctor. _
elektralyte chapter 4 . 9/19/2007
"I'm not paralyzed!" she finally burst out.

He was still grinning. "No, you're not. But I knew you wouldn't be."

"Bit cheeky," she said with a smile of her own.

"No, just confident."

"Now that's just conceited," she teased.

He frowned for an instant. "Oh," he amended, "I didn't mean in me. I meant in you."

I loved that last line! Thanks for writing such a great story!
Gamine Madcap chapter 4 . 9/19/2007
Yes, your message did help it make more sense to me. Sadly, I am lacking in knowledge of Classic Who-chop it up to being American and a recent convert of the new series. So I didn't know about the surgeon stuff. And while I knew about New Earth and Lazlo, I chalked that up to the drugs being more chemistry than medicine...if that makes sense. I mean, I would except the Doctor to know about all sorts of chemical reactions associated with disease and medicines, because anything science is his thing. But as far as actually doing work on a human body-that seemed different. But anywho, thanks for clearing that up. Lovely story. Hope to see more from you soon. Keep up the great work!
Gamine Madcap chapter 3 . 9/18/2007
:) I love that Martha's getting all paranoid about the Doctor doing medical stuff to her. The only off thing about this fic is the fact that the Doctor is really more of a science, not medical kind of guy-but everything that he's done so far is fairly simple, so I guess it's more in how he talks. Nothing bad about it, it's just...weird. Anywho, can't wait for more. Keep up the great work and update soon!