Reviews for Fields of Grey
x Euphoria chapter 8 . 5/24/2013
This was one of the best VinTi stories I have ever read. They are my favorite pairing and I'm currently on a little quest to read all the fics on this website VinTi related. I'm currently on page 9 out of 18 (god only half way done x_x).

Everything about this story is amazing from your writing to your portrayals of the characters. I love seeing how Vincent is around the children and I think you did a great job writing those moments. I feel like you really did such an incredible job of capturing everyone's personality. Cid, Shera, Denzel, Marlene, Tifa and Vincent all of them were just perfect.

Thank you for writing this story :) It was a pleasure to read!
TheClumsyThief chapter 8 . 5/2/2013
I've been a lurker on for many a year now, leaving anonymous reviews here and there, but finally got an account in order to follow/stalk my favorite authors proper.

Near the top of my "things to do with my new FF account" list was to write a review for this story. Honestly, I wasn't much of a VinTi fan before reading this fic, but you totally won me over. The characterizations were wonderful: Tifa's quiet hurt over Cloud's leaving, Vincent's social anxiety - hell, I even Denzel's teenage attitude adorable. And I was touched by Tifa and Cloud's reunion in the epilogue.

Selfishly, I find this story too short (I need more VinTi in my life) but the pacing of their romance was well timed and thought out. I will not deny that I've read this story more than once; it's lovely. You were a wonderful writer then, and you still are! (Yes, I am totally following your RK stories now).

Anyway, this has become much too long, so thank you for sharing "Fields of Grey" with us. My only criticism is that "Jenova Cooties" never saw the light of day (at least that I'm aware of). You tease.
Mademoiselle Anime Amour chapter 8 . 3/27/2011
Good story. I enjoyed it. The vocabulary here was excellent, and there were even a couple words that I didn't know, and that's very rare. I love this pairing, and I feel that you did them justice. There were little twists there once in a while (like I never expected Cloud to come back or that severe reaction to aspirin to occur), and that's what made it great to read. The cat was also a nice touch. XD
forevermare chapter 8 . 8/19/2009
Another really well written story. I really enjoyed it. You have a wonderful way of getting into your characters' heads, letting us see them as they appear on the inside instead of just relying on other characters, or their own inner dialog, to flesh them out. The subconscious thoughts and feelings that drive each of us are what truly make us who we are (in my opinion anyway).

I hope you will decide to continue Jenova Cooties some day soon.
Paillette chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Ooh, the kitty is a nice analogy. I also like your reasoning for Tifa to keep everyone close to her. Very nice and the relationship feels natural. I will come back to this one! ~P
anne chapter 8 . 2/5/2009
hullo! i think this is my second time reading this fic - i think! i want to say that I read this fic before - it seems familiar. anywho, thanks for the read. i really enjoyed it. i love the pairing as well - huuge fan. I hope you continue "Jenova Cooties" definitely the title sounds funny! hahaha.
IVIaedhros chapter 8 . 11/24/2008
Occasionally gets lost in the melodrmma sap, but you have some beautiful images going on here. Thanks for the read.
anne chapter 8 . 8/5/2008
yep! cried in some parts. overall luv it!
Freya the Dark chapter 8 . 2/5/2008
This story is one of the best, most emotional, and best written VinTi fics I've ever read. I'm speechless, and if you knew me, you'd know how rare that is. I'm off to go stalk you for more VinTi, so keep up the specatular work, and please write more soon!
sasukegirl4 chapter 8 . 1/23/2008
love it. wish vincent would get over his insecurties. but, i guess thats part of the reason why i like him, hes so musterious (i cant spell today)
robertmarilyn chapter 8 . 12/16/2007
Thanks for writing this story. And thanks for completing it too. I will read a good fic, even it it is never completed, but getting to read a good fic to it's completion is the best one could ask for.

Looking forward to your next Vin/Tif. I thought the Cooties part of the title was a joke but I guess not :-) You are in good company if you hang with writers like DND and TP!

Keep up the good work,

robertmarilyn chapter 5 . 12/16/2007
I always enjoy reading their inner adds so much more to the story, in a very intimate way. Keep them coming :-)

robertmarilyn chapter 4 . 12/16/2007
Poor Tijuana Pirate, it is going to be your fault if she doesn't do well at school :-)

At the end of FFVII Vincent had been coming out of his shell and then along came AC and it showed him having regressed into his darkness and in DOC he was angst-ing as much as he ever had. And you wove that into this story by mentioning his regressions after having come out of his shell in FFVII. That is usually ignored and it is nice to see it addressed in this story.

As many problems as Vincent is still dealing with, you show that his feelings for Tifa can break through the barriers of his shell.

robertmarilyn chapter 3 . 12/16/2007
I absolutely CANNOT stand Hojo :-(

robertmarilyn chapter 2 . 12/15/2007
You said, "Once more unto the breach, dear friends. Etc. Why do I post these things no one reads? It is a mysterious mystery of mysteriousness."

I'll be reading every FFVII you write...your stories have won me over. I don't write but you do have some mighty fine authors reviewing and appreciating your work. And as a picky reader, I appreciate your work. So please don't get discouraged. It's the quality of the reviewers that count, not the quantity :-)

I have always had such trouble relating the Lucrecia's Vincent to the pre Lucrecia Turk Vincent or to the post coffin Vincent. But this fiction of yours is the first one I have read that allows me to see the Lucrecia Vincent being the same person as the Vincent we are seeing now. Please do not read anything negative in what I have said about these different Vincent's. I know a lot of folks want nothing to do with those flashback scenes so my comparing your present day Vincent to Lucrecia's Vincent, could be seen as an insult. It isn't.

I've always thought of the Turk Vincent and Lucrecia's Vincent as being very messed up mentally and emotionally, even before Hojo and Lucrecia experimented on him, tortured him, and changed him. He was a murderer, kidnapper, really morally corrupt guy (I don’t think of the Turks as being ‘good guys’) and had reason to feel a lot of guilt (even if he didn't as a Turk) way before he started taking on all the guilt’s he took on once things went sour with Lucrecia.

So to see the present day Vincent fit so well with the flashback Vincent is very interesting and fun to read. Maybe for once, we'll get to see a story where the Vincent in the flashbacks, gets a chance to have a life that gets past all that Lucrecia guilt.

And I'm glad Tifa broke down in front Vincent...I think all of the others can too easily just take advantage of her (without meaning to) when she stubbornly trudges on, making everything hold together, at the expense of her own well being. I do like this strong Tifa much better than the Tifa's that I read, that have given up totally to bitterness. Still she needs to be taken care of also...yeah for Vincent stepping in at this time and offering to be there for her (even if he claims it is for the 'cat' and even if he needs help himself).