Reviews for Journey to Angmar
WiseQueen chapter 10 . 11/11/2007
So we come to the end, our friends are safe and prosperous, even though everything is not perfect.

I like the way you have Gandalf looking ahead, almost hinting at things in the future ...
WiseQueen chapter 9 . 11/11/2007
"On such little things history turns."

Yes, truly. But later another hobbit gets the chance that Timbo missed ...
WiseQueen chapter 8 . 11/11/2007
So you very nearly had history repeat itself?

Good for Gandalf for stopping it ...
WiseQueen chapter 7 . 10/23/2007
Well, I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with the backwards-going technology - even going backwards, it sounds very little like something Tolkien might have written about, which is what I prefer.

But it's a bit amusing, and having the Dwarves being the most knowledgeable about it, rings very right in my ears.
WiseQueen chapter 6 . 10/12/2007
So far I've been reading chapters all in one go, but this is the last one and I have to wait until you update!

A couple of interesting plot twists right there!
WiseQueen chapter 5 . 10/12/2007
So he shows mercy for the little bugger(Z)? That's kind of him - I wonder whether that's going to prove a good thing for him later on, like it did when Bilbo, and later Frodo and Sam, did the same?
WiseQueen chapter 3 . 10/12/2007
I like the nocturnal Hobbits!

A sad death of Mr N - but now he's out of the story, you stick to more inventive names, don't you?

"I hate speaking that foul tongue. It hurts my lips!"

I should think it would hurt his lips ...
WiseQueen chapter 2 . 10/12/2007
Much better paragraph-wise.

I wonder what news Gandalf would have had from the wolf? Could it be trusted, though, even if he had got a chance to talk to it?

Good plot so far!
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
It's interesting to see a story from a virtually unexplored period of Middle-earth history!

I agree with the other reviewer, though, that it would be easier to read with even more paragraphs, - a paragraph with just the lines that one person is speaking, is quite OK.

Oh, so Whitesnake is in this story? I know him from your stories elsewhere ;-)
Aphel chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
It seems an interesting story and has potential to become even more interesting. An Arnor story set around TA 1500 is a rare and precious thing on this archive.

But there are some things that need improving. Why won't you spell-check it? Then it is much better to start a new paragraph once you have a new speaker. Reads WAY better.

Also I am not overmuch fond of names like "Mr. N." especially in Tolkien fanfiction. The Professor was so fond of inventing names for his characters - often several names for one man. Imagine Aragorn calling himself "Mr.N" in Gondor, instead of "Thorongil"?

But despite all this I am going to follow your story. Good luck!