Reviews for Becoming Hawkeye
Bizzy chapter 4 . 1/16/2008
So...Clint is Riza's grandfather right? Clint is Grumman. Because you know that like when Jacob-soon-to-be-Hawkeye does start dabbling in alchemy his father will be done with him entirely...whereas Clint seemed interested, even through the tension. Right?

My head won't wrap around this properly. Because the more I think about this, the wronger I get. For some reason I think of Elizabeth as Riza's mother, which isn't the case in this story. So anyway...if Jacob becomes RIza's father, then HIS father (the mean one) and mother would be the grandparents to Riza, so then the grandparents would be from her mother's side...

I'm confusing myself. Anyway, I liked this chapter. I feel like we're starting to get a good idea why Mr. Hawkeye behaves the way he does. Great job! I apologize for my inability to speak coherently.
YourFavouitePlushie chapter 4 . 1/16/2008
So is that where little Hawkeye first found alchemy? Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Dailenna chapter 4 . 1/15/2008
You lost your notebook? Aww. At least it means you already had a general idea when you had to rewrite the outlines. And since you've been through it all before, it'll probably turn out better this time :P

Interesting. I'm guessing Clint's book is an alchemy book?
Bar-Ohki chapter 4 . 1/15/2008
Uh oh...
YourFavouitePlushie chapter 3 . 11/7/2007
Wow, this is something new. No one has written something just about Riza's father. Cool idea.

I have been read the chapers and I really like them. Can't wait for another update.
Dailenna chapter 3 . 11/4/2007
Ahh, so here we have it. Hawkeye is his mother's maiden name, then.

I like the tension between the father and grandfather. It highlighted for me (although I could have realised this earlier, if I had been thinking then) the fact that Riza doesn't really know her extended family because her parents weren't close to them. Seeing the fight between alchemist and Ishballan sort of just made it click for me that when Jacob became an alchemist, his father would disown him pretty much. So that makes sense :P
The Flaming Bitch Alchemist chapter 3 . 11/4/2007
Wow, I have to say I'm liking this story alot. Update soon!
Bar-Ohki chapter 3 . 11/4/2007
Most interesting! I like it.
Vesper Moonshine chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
I like this I never thought of such an angle of Riza's heritage. You should continue.

Alright, a little shameless self-promotion. I'm working on a story about Roy and Riza's past in the Hawkeye house called Beyond the Horizon. Might be something you'd like. ;P Okay now that the newbie has had her say. Signing out.
OTP chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
o nicely done cant wait for the next chappy
Dailenna chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
In the story, when the alchemist . . . er, I mean MAGICIAN comes along and helps them out with the fire, it says that the town was "abuzz with the new of the man's appearance" etc. Should be an s to make it 'news' :)

So this is how Hawkeye-sensei became interested in alchemy, then. Also the mention of fire in the story indicates maybe a beginning to why he began working with fire alchemy. Interesting :D
bugger46735 chapter 2 . 9/21/2007
Oh, I really love how you've done this with the story of the 'magician' and jacob learning of blasphemy. Like how the story had to do with fire.

Oh my lord, I remember my wisdom teeth adventure. I came out of the operating room so happy, and singing, can you believe it. Damn drugs! This is why I stay away from them. Man, I wanted Kentuky fried chicken so much after that I bought a thing of Popcorn chicken and happily gummed it on the ride home. Then it all fell appart when I got home. I was in so much pain, and I had breading in my teeth. That's not a good combo.

Anyway keep up with this, I'm enjoying.
AluraEmbrey chapter 2 . 9/21/2007
Very interesting. "Magic," indeed. Can't wait for more. And so sad about you being sick, make sure you feel better! Lots of rest!
Bizzy chapter 2 . 9/21/2007
Such a random memory, but that was great when you told me about it.

I thought she asked us what we were talking about at the expo? Like 'what do you mean 'she', and then 'hot guy'?' Maybe I'm making htat up. Quite possible.

I liked this chapter. It's okay you yhaven't gotten much posted, you've been sick. Feel better!
bugger46735 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
ooh your doing the Hawkeye Ishbalian heritage story. I've been waiting, and I'm excited! I like the idea that it starts with him being picked on, good idea.

I liked the first papragraph's imagery. Him clutching to the fabric of her dress.

oh and a question. Did you get the PM I sent you in reply to you latest review of SiP? I'm afraid my computer was being difficult that day. Let me know.

And keep it up!