Reviews for Checkmate
SarahAndIchigo chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Enthralling as usual. Beautiful insight into Morzan and Selena. I can totally see Galbatorix playing a sadistic hand in their marriage :(
The Society's Outcast chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
uh if any of you write a story like this message me! hehe
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Girls are always used.
Satanic Wishes chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Hah. I would never have thought of that. Well done.
EvilBunny101 chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
erm...what i meant was great story. i love it!

~Evil Bunny
EvilBunny101 chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
great chapter! please update soon!
Daedal chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
AWESOME story, I loved this! extremely well-written! you captured it perfectly
Invaderm chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Your summaries continue to disturb me. Ah well, it was still a great piece of writing. How do you make these things up?

Never mind, I don't want to know.

Creative idea with the chessboard, though.

Oh, great. Now I'm going to have a nice Murtagh/Brom fic to look forward to next. XD!
alsdssg chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Nice. This was very good. I love how you show Selena's conflict between the two men.
Metruis chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Evidently you've wrote before-it shows in your writing. You knew what you wanted with this piece. You gave life to the characters, characters I didn't really know. You mostly maintained the girl's POV, keeping a strong voice for her. One spot where you were describing what his eyes "said", I think you could've shaved this down. Don't always overstate things. Consider capitalizing "your majesty".

Still, great work! For fanfiction... often considered "bad" writing, this is good writing. A little too elaborate in places. Simplify, add, really bring your writing out. You've got a nice flare, a good feel for dialogue and you kept your descriptions from overwhelming the simple one-shot plot. You kept a nice line, the chess game, and carried it through to the end. It held the story together, when shorts can often really wander. It completed itself.

All in all, good work-and I hope you don't mind the constructive critism. :D