Reviews for Chasing the Dream
TekoloKuautli chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Now THIS is a real man I pictured in Lir. Ohh will you continue? I want to know what happens next D
GodlyJewel chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
I could see this happening, maybe as an extended ending. I'd love to see their reunion, but its cool as a one-shot.
AngelaRaex chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
And THAT is how it should have ended. I will heart you for all time for writing this.
Moonlight97 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
I think this should be bigger than a oneshot! This could be the story of prince Lir searching for the unicorn! I loved reading this!
ough chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Ah, you know, I believe that Amalthea (The Unicorn) didn't really harbor much feeling towards Prince Lir, and their whole relationship was onesided.
Atem's Sister Atea chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I LOVE IT! ! I completely agree with you about the movie. Loved it since I was a little girl, but always thought the ending was so sad! I always thought that Lir and Amalthea were meant to be together.

I'm glad that you wrote this, but it has the potential to become a full-blown story! Can you keep it going until Lir and Amalthea are reunited and find a way to be together?
Anon chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
As the creepy pink tree in the movie says, "lovelovelovelovelove."

Only wish you would continue this as a full-blown fic... T.T
lovethathimura chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Excellent! I think this is an awesome intro to a story if you decide to write one. I love it.
Emma chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
This is tremendously beautiful. The ending of the film and (especially) the book thrill me with heartbreak each and every time. I love "Chasing the Dream," and hope that your Prince Lir finds his Lady Amalthea. :)
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
YOu know, I have to agree with you. I watched the movie and read the book when I was a kid-or had my dad read the book-and it also wasn't until I was older-High School-that I figured out that while the ending was still the same and I still loved it, I was sad because of Lir and Amalthea.

I wish your Lir luck.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Very beautifully done. Wonderful.

CT
Meiza chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
I love how introspective this is, how Lir believes that 'a hero should be able to chose his own ending.' He's got a point there.
HoneyBee1 chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
i love it. really beautiful...
Philip Gipson chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Aw, what a wonderful story. This is truly a one-shot, as noble Prince Nir will not stop until he finds the love of his life - Lady Amalthea, the human-unicorn hybrid. I'm sorry to say I watched bits and pieces of the animated feature, but I understand that it was made in the '80s. The 20th anniversary DVD was released last year. The only catch is the "d" word is censored out. That leads me to believe the movie should've gained a PG rating instead of a G rating due to its dark tone. I feel compelled to own that DVD nonetheless. I will respect your devotion to the film...always.
Kittykins667 chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
I loved it! So beautifully written... I wish the book and movie really did end this way. [ Happy endings are good.