Reviews for More Equal Than You Know
BarbedCaress chapter 11 . 1/10
Sorry this appears to be discontinued.
It is an interesting spin on the whole HP universe.
I really enjoyed the version of Dumbledore.
Well done!
melkun chapter 11 . 11/8/2016
A really incredible work. Every thing make so much sense.
I love how you write your Dumbledore and his reasoning.
And Voldemort. Not in the same extent, but he hadn't appeared much.

The only part of the story that didn't enraptured me is the 'in Harry' Philosopher stone.

A shame that the fic hasn't continue but if you read this message, congratulations and cheers for you and your writing.
thebetawholived chapter 7 . 10/2/2016
This entire story has been delightfully well-written. It's quite different from canon, including elements that don't appear in the books, but for all that it is consistent. It also doesn't invent things without introducing them slowly, foreshadowing events to come. Hence it is easy to accept the setting and the plot.

I'm enjoying this! I would recommend it to anyone who wants a break from the repetitive.

Thanks for sharing!
Mionefan chapter 1 . 7/18/2016
One small Britishism error I noticed. Your second floor mentioned in the opening is actually the first floor in Britain. The ground floor is just that. The floors are numbered from above the ground floor. Just a bit of a nit pick I guess, but most non British authors miss it.
I do like how you've changed so many things from canon.
Ozzy chapter 4 . 7/8/2016
Brilliant character (Harry), nice fast-paced action, no extraneous dialogue: Great Story!
Go pro! Make JKR a pauper!
Mionefan chapter 3 . 6/30/2016
Pretty unusual story so far and for that I congratulate you. One point so far that niggles at my mind: Hermione was posing as a pureblood from France, but it seems that Draco and particularly Pansy think that she is a muggleborn.
yrfgd chapter 11 . 6/8/2016
I certainly have enjoyed the trip so far. Booked as one of my favorites as well as a followed story.
HysMajister chapter 11 . 3/29/2016
I love this Dumbledore
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 3/9/2016
Skip. Abandoned and misc problems.
Trace Reading chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
I see it all the time in fanfiction and I blame Rowling for not knowing her history but runes, when they weren't being used as part of a system of writing, had more to do with fortune-telling than they did casting spells. If you wanted to cast magic on someone you'd probably be more likely to invoke a patron deity or brew up a potion. Not to say that runes were not used for magical purposes but rather than writing a word out or attributing a meaning to a specific character, you'd instead inscribe a glyph.

Wand use, by the way (if the sign over Ollivander's shop is to be believed) has been in practice for millennia and would likely have migrated from Egypt to the Romans and from there to most of Europe through conquest and follow trade routes to the places the Romans didn't manage to make part of their empire. And when people began establishing colonies in the Americas then wands would have followed them because they're simply -faster- than using totems or glyphs. Wands are not -essential- to magic, they just make it easier and more versatile.

Anyway, Astronomy, Arithmancy, and Runes, all used for predicting the future. Divination on the other hand is real magic and I'm sure if you tried you could think of a fair few things which fall under the category of Divination.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/13/2015
What if harrys mom was a little more desperate to be with her baby boy, and when harry looked into the mirror of ezag she shattered the mirror and fell through it, and distracted volteshorts allowing harry to knock him ou,t finaly geting a mother, how will harrys life be like with a verry strong, protective, maternal, mother?
FreelanceBum chapter 6 . 5/28/2015
Up to 11, I see you use the Spinal Tap route. Well, so far this is one of the few fics on here that surpass canon imo. I love it, but am sad I am halfway through and you haven't updated for half a decade. Probably not finished either. C'est la vie.
FreelanceBum chapter 5 . 5/28/2015
This is one of the best year two's I've ever read. Also I love how you are handling Harry's love interests.
FreelanceBum chapter 4 . 5/28/2015
I've always played with the thought of Hermione coming from a family of neglectors. Not really abusers, they just ignored her basically.
FreelanceBum chapter 3 . 5/27/2015
Probably my favorite discussion with Dumbledore in fanfiction, outside of humor fics, ever. Loved it.

A minor note: Hermione should already be well acquianted with Hedwig, and should therefore not have written what she did to Harry about Hedwig. A very minor error, however.