Reviews for More Equal Than You Know
FreelanceBum chapter 6 . 5/28
Up to 11, I see you use the Spinal Tap route. Well, so far this is one of the few fics on here that surpass canon imo. I love it, but am sad I am halfway through and you haven't updated for half a decade. Probably not finished either. C'est la vie.
FreelanceBum chapter 5 . 5/28
This is one of the best year two's I've ever read. Also I love how you are handling Harry's love interests.
FreelanceBum chapter 4 . 5/28
I've always played with the thought of Hermione coming from a family of neglectors. Not really abusers, they just ignored her basically.
FreelanceBum chapter 3 . 5/27
Probably my favorite discussion with Dumbledore in fanfiction, outside of humor fics, ever. Loved it.

A minor note: Hermione should already be well acquianted with Hedwig, and should therefore not have written what she did to Harry about Hedwig. A very minor error, however.
FreelanceBum chapter 2 . 5/27
Love it, although I wish the flashback wasn't happening. However I will trust that it is good for pacing it, as it might be a bit dull to read full circle, or whatever.
FreelanceBum chapter 1 . 5/27
Granger is so not French its funny to think that is the country they are trying. Can she even speak with a French accent?

Anyway I don't have much to say yet, but I am very interested.
thebetawholived chapter 5 . 1/22
This ends on a very ominous note. I have a little trouble accepting the ease with which Harry's and Hermione's family difficulties were resolved. Perhaps Harry's is easier to accept under the aegis of the charm protecting him. Good story, nonetheless.
thebetawholived chapter 4 . 1/21
I had to laugh at the 'glasses of Erised.' Parallel to canon but with major differences, so I'm not sure how long that will continue. There are a couple of inconsistencies that may be based on an ongoing rewrite, most notably whether Harry saved Hermione from a troll or from a three-headed dog. Still, a good story so far!
thebetawholived chapter 1 . 1/21
Interesting first chapter, nice interweave of history with current events. I think the friendship theme is interesting, but I'm not sure how long it will last.

I suspect that Hermione's 'story' will be hard to maintain, especially when - and if - people meet her parents.

Got to find out what happens next!
Philosophize chapter 11 . 2/11/2014
Wow, what an amazing story! Humor, action, original elements, new twists on canon events and characters... You can't really ask for more. Easily one of the best fics here... I can't wait for more!
Osmodious chapter 11 . 10/30/2013
The quality of this story is so high that it almost no longer qualifies as fanfiction...this version of the Potterverse is different enough that, with a simple change of the names of people and places, it would be an independent work. The theories of magic, the politics, the strategies & tactics of the 'shadow war'...wow, what an incredible level of detail. I hope you choose to finish this someday...thanks!
Osmodious chapter 5 . 10/28/2013
This is an excellent story so far...some excellent ideas. The theories on magical development and how magic work are intriguing, and your presentation of why the magical world is actually better is very original as far as I've read. Finally, your Dumbledore is very thought provoking...he is more complex than many I've read, and the idea that he set Harry up so he'd be independent is one I don't think I've seen before. I now see that this is not a compete story, but hope you will return to it someday. Thank you for posting...
slayer99 chapter 11 . 8/12/2013
well amazing story, going to be irritating waiting for you to update, but oh well. hope to read more soon
slayer99 chapter 4 . 8/12/2013
brilliant story so far only you didn't write the confrontation with the troll. :(
CanonHarryIsLazy chapter 11 . 7/15/2013
This is a pretty awesome story, I just wish there was a chance it'd get finished. The author's description of the mechanics of magic is one of the best I've found anywhere. It's just too bad it hasn't been updated in 5 and a half years...