Reviews for A pair of woollen socks
8-Wolke-8 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010

ich bin eigentlich kein großer ADMM-Fan (zu viel ADGG XD) aber deine Geschichte hat mich umgehauen!

Ich liebe es, wenn am Ende nicht das große Happy End kommt, weil ich dann meist nur die Augen verdrehe und denke "Nein, die Welt ist nicht rosa und nein, sie glitzert auch nicht." Und leider ist das aber bei den meisten ADMM-Geschichten der Fall.

Vor allem dieser letzte Satz: 'It's a lie' hat mich mit offenem Mund auf den Bildschirm starren lassen. Ich liebe solche schrecklich wahren, doppeldeutigen Feststellungen. Und es hat sowohl Minerva, als auch Albus so IC dagestellt, wie es nur wenige schaffen.

Also, HUT AB! und mach weiter so!

Liebe Grüße
sevy chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
That's really great!
Star the Foxhound chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Make it clearer where the flashback is. put a line ot something in, anyhting. That got comfusing. Other then that it was good.
FridaPeace chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Ok that was really great but I know it is part of the whole oneshot thing but can you please continue the story? I mean it was awesome ok? but that's a lie what does that mean it is a lie he liked the shocks or is it a lie that this whole thing betwen them happened? I was totally focused on the story and waited for the true love to show but then suddenly you just say It's a lie and stoop the story! It was awesome the way you control the readers and then leave them thinking. It was really great!:P
xLupinxLoverx chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
Will there be more?It's a great story.

Good ending!
NathanDftba chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
Maybe, I'm weird, but I don't get the 2 last lines. The rest of the story is great though. :D
Bil chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
An interesting story. I liked the little snippet of history there and Minerva's gift of socks. Cool idea.
T chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Beautiful and poignent; will there be a follow-up?
A-Hard-Days-Night chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
A very good and very original story. I did enjoy it even though there were numerous grammatical errors, which normally does not happen; if people repeatedly leave out commas or whatnot I almost always click the X button. However, your story drew me in.

As for the grammatical errors, there was one that was scattered throughout the fic:

“I – I didn’t see you, sir” the boy said.

There should ALWAYS be punctuation right before the closing quotation mark. If you have a dialogue tag (ex. he said) then right before the quotation mark, there should be a comma. If there is no dialogue tag, then there should be a period. So, the excerpt above from your fic should really be"

“I – I didn’t see you, sir,” the boy said.

That one little missing punctuation was, as I said, scattered throughout your entire fic. I suggest reading through it and making sure that there is something to close that dialogue. It's a very elementary mistake, which I do not think you should be making. This type of fic seemed above that type of error. You are a decent writer - granted I have seen better - but I do think you are quite talented and with perhaps more editing on grammar and expansion of your scenes I think you could be quite excellent.

Sorry for the extrememly lengthy, rambling review, but you asked for concrit! Anyways, good job and keep writing :)
o0Anonymous0o chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Very good fic. You did a fantastic job fitting your own story in with the dialouge from the book. I look forward to more.
Missing Linka chapter 1 . 9/16/2007

Schöne Story!

Habe zufällig gesehen, dass du aus Deutschland kommst ...

Wo wohnst du denn?