Reviews for Self Defence Mechanism
Monica chapter 1 . 3/10
Made me cry! This is lovely, and exactly what was missing from the end of the episode.
Kat chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I don't know what it is about this story but I keep coming back to it again and again... and it never gets old. Really well done! Thank you!

Kat
Moon chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Oh this story was lovely and sad and beautiful.
Sarah Lynne chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Oh this is just beautiful... I'm in love with how loving, and yet sssssoooo awkward, you made Jeannie's and Rodney's relationship. I can literally feel their love for each other, yet they can't express it fully for the life of 'em. . This outing with family is exactly what Rodney needed after "Sunday". You've written a story that illustrates the healing effect family and friends can have on grief. Thanks for this wonderful story; it was a real pleasure to read. :)
Kat chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
This story is fantastic i really thought you wrote Rodney's character well (he's so difficult to get right). Thanks for posting. Have you got any more stories with Rodney and Jeannie planned...i'd like to read more?

Kat
jennamajig chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Okay, I still haven't been able to watch all of Sunday (being the Carson-fan, I am), but this...gha, this was beautiful. It made me blink back tears, I'll admit. So perfectly in character for all of them and I felt a lump in my throat as Jeannie watched both Rodney and then later, John, struggle with grief. Thank you for writing and sharing this.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This is the first SGA story I've read that isn't John centric, and I adored it. You captured these characters perfectly, absolutely perfectly. The last part made me want to cry.
Scarym chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
I really enjoyed this story. It had a nice blend of humor and sadness. I love the idea that Rodney would visit Jeannie. I thought your exploration of their relationship was well done. It starts of hestiant and grows more comfortable as the story goes on.

It was great to see John and Ronan show up looking for Rodney. The concern they feel for Rodney really comes across in their banter. I thought Jeannie's conversations with John were quite moving.

I like that Jeannie made John and Ronan honorary members of her family.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Water-Soter chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Oh, nice one! Interesting tag to Sunday. Loved the way you treated the McKay siblings.
msdarque chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
A beautiful story.. even made me cry.
Asugar chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
This was lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Henrika chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
A truly exceptional "Sunday" coda. You had excellent emotional insight into all the characters. Thank you so much for sharing!
MiaRose 156 chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
A very touching story
sherlock21b chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
What a lovely story and a great tag to Sunday. You captured the flavor of the characters perfectly.
Rachel chapter 1 . 12/1/2007