Reviews for Nightingale
lina chapter 15 . 12/24/2008
wow, this is an amazing fic. very convoluted and intricate. I am enjoying it a lot. one thing, I do hope you plan on letting neji survive this with his mental strength (more or less) intact, I mean, naruto went to all that trouble to get him to be relativly rational, it would be a shame to put that to waste. nonetheless, very well done.
FlatTrackMonkey chapter 15 . 12/18/2008
Wicked awesome story. Slightly creppy and extremely impelling in a very Stephen King way. Keep up the awesome work.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 3 . 12/12/2008
You really write beautifully, I especially liked the thing with the dragons and origami cranes Book Ends trope, but I started to notice a few unmistakeable mistakes. "As far as recall" I have no idea about, but otherwise:

"moving fast he he’d ever"

"needed to stopper chakra"

"the top two buttons open twin snapping sounds" Something missing here

These are just those I started to noted down, I think there was another one before these, but I'm lazy. I'm just mentioning these in case you want to correct any typos in your writs.

And would you check that out: 'cold' as in 'absence of heat' is actually a noun! Who would have thunk it..?
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Wow, it's been some time since I last saw Naruto. I really wonder why Neji is still around such an abusive and unsympathetic family when he could just get the curse-seal cut off and replaced with fresh skin by any medic-ninja worth his/her salt, leave the family to their own devices and move out into his own apartment like Naruto. Surely anyone in the family that actually gives a care for him would forgive him and want him what's best for himself, and the rest would just loose an important ninja prodigy and heir.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 15 . 12/9/2008
This is absolutely lovely. I'm curious as to what they lied about, but it's great to see Neji in action without going through torture. And it's nice that you don't make him totally own everyone, because that would be cliche. Niice. I look forward to your next update!
Miss Hydrangea chapter 14 . 12/9/2008
This was amazing. It was hard to follow parts of the fight, but it added to the overwhelming nature of the action, so that was okay. Wow... I hope Neji gets through this okay. He has to. HAS TO!
Miss Hydrangea chapter 13 . 12/9/2008
Hahaha... This was fun stuff. A lot of much-needed catharsis, in my not-so-humble opinion.

Now I'm starting to see some Sasuke and Neji connections (although it still feels more like Itachi should be the one?).
Miss Hydrangea chapter 12 . 12/9/2008
This was good, consistent with the other chapters in quality and such. I'm missing some of the humor you had before, but not too much.

I do wonder, though, about all these open ends you've left us with. What did Hinata tell Kabuto? Where did Neji learn his technique? What's up with Mai? What happened to Sasuke? ... the last question arose from my realizing that the main characters in this piece were supposed to be Neji and Sasuke. It seems more like a Neji and Itachi fic or just Neji on his own. It's getting easier to tell the OCs apart now, though, which is good.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 11 . 12/9/2008
Wow. This was so full of energy, it was nearly electric. Way intense. My brain may not be functioning at full capacity now.

I hope you tell us where he learned it soon XD.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 10 . 12/9/2008
This was disturbing, but well-writ by a long shot. So scary. And scarring too. x.x

Still, I liked how you managed to make Neji so conflicted and human without making him over the top.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 9 . 12/9/2008
"Aww…why?” she whined. “You’re a missing-nin now.”

...Isn't Tachi a boy? Man, that is one faast sex change there, hahaha...

besides that detail, don't be sorry. This chapter was a fun read, and these 3 OCs were easier to remember than the last 4.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 8 . 12/9/2008
I forgot to mention- in the last chapter I liked this line very, very much:"There’s something terrible and intimate about a moment like that, where between two people one of them holds the life of the other in his or her hands, pooled like water, fragile, indefinite and warm".

I was starting to miss the humor that was present in the first two chapters. I'm glad it's resurfaced at the end of this one.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 7 . 12/9/2008
Wow... another intense chapter. This one had a couple parts where i wasn't exactly sure what was going on-for example, is the last scene an omitted part of what Itachi had him go through earlier, or is it only happenning now that he received his curse seal?
Miss Hydrangea chapter 6 . 12/9/2008
You're still doing very well using the language to convey Neji's stream of thought and his mental state. Nice.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 5 . 12/8/2008
Wow, it's like you can almost feel his agony.

Heh... I was waiting for Neji's last line for so long XD. It was satisfying to finally read it.
418 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »