Reviews for Nightingale
Miss Hydrangea chapter 8 . 12/9/2008
I forgot to mention- in the last chapter I liked this line very, very much:"There’s something terrible and intimate about a moment like that, where between two people one of them holds the life of the other in his or her hands, pooled like water, fragile, indefinite and warm".

I was starting to miss the humor that was present in the first two chapters. I'm glad it's resurfaced at the end of this one.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 7 . 12/9/2008
Wow... another intense chapter. This one had a couple parts where i wasn't exactly sure what was going on-for example, is the last scene an omitted part of what Itachi had him go through earlier, or is it only happenning now that he received his curse seal?
Miss Hydrangea chapter 6 . 12/9/2008
You're still doing very well using the language to convey Neji's stream of thought and his mental state. Nice.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 5 . 12/8/2008
Wow, it's like you can almost feel his agony.

Heh... I was waiting for Neji's last line for so long XD. It was satisfying to finally read it.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 4 . 12/8/2008
This was exciting. Too much so to write an in-depth

(or decent) review... Off to the next chapter I fly! I will say, however, that your fight scenes are both exciting and easy to follow! Yay!
Miss Hydrangea chapter 3 . 12/8/2008
It's hard to believe that story'll be much better than this one. You have a very strong sensitivity to Neji's character, and I like how you have scattered bits of indirect internal monologue/free indirect style.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 2 . 12/8/2008
This was well-writ. The end was very strong, and the beginning was entertaining. You didn't over-do the angst, which was good.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
This. Is. Amazing. I want to read more of it before deciding to favorite the story, but it's wonderful so far! I'm very impressed. You write Neji very well, and you have a thread of humor than weaves in and out at unexpected moments. This was a very enjoyable read. Thank you!
elephantmoon chapter 15 . 12/7/2008
This story really is unbelievably awesome. Your Neji is totally fantastic - crazier and crazier things keep happening to him, and yet the characterization is still totally believable. I want to know how you manage to do that ) I love all your Hyuuga/Uchiha theories - keep 'em coming!
Muria chapter 15 . 12/2/2008
...What was in the scroll? You write the most suspenseful stories. This is fantastic and fascinating. I'm absolutely in love with your characters, and they're scarily believable.

Please update soon! This is such a cool story. Your writing style's so interesting to read...
stupid thing chapter 15 . 12/2/2008

I am ill and so I read a lot :)

and was really happy, that I discovered this fic.

It's really great and I like this fucked up background of the hyuga clan.

Sry for my language.

Well I really love Neji now. Before I thought a bit that he is a bit struck up brat. Well I understand it now, before I never focused on him like that.

I find it also funny that Itachi helped Neji. He really cares about his younger familiy *g*

Now I had to laugh and that hurts. So I better take my medicine and think a bit about your fic (or sleep )

your stupid thing
Drake-Azathoth chapter 15 . 12/1/2008
Very nice scene with Kabuto on the operating table. I love the way you manage to give him something like a bedside manner... Whumpin on Neji is the name of this game, but the numerous complications make his Uchiha heritage coming to the fore seem much less of a 'power-up' and thereby much more plausible.

'By people, of course, the entirety of the Hyuuga branch must be excluded, as their grievances have never counted for anything much in Konoha.' Ouch. Nice line! This is why Neji as a missing-nin isn't so hard to imagine... The simple fact is that Konoha doesn't exactly always treat all of it's people well.

Nice fight scenes as always. While Neji could probably improvise a new style on his own, something about his new 'mix' makes me think he's been sparring with Sasuke again. Yes?

And the origin of the title 'Nightingale' is revealed. I did think this line interesting... 'A Hawk is a soldier, Neji, the best kind of soldier because they have nothing to lose. True believers.' Could it be the branch once got by with fanaticism rather than punishment juin? Or simply that head family didn't use to fight at all? I like it but I'm not sure I grok it.

‘God, I hate the Rain.’ HA! I love the fact you re-used this line, and I love that poor Kakashi was the guy who ended up taking Neji's recon mission... Hehehe. It's perfect irony the copy-nin ended up as the one to give Neji a hard time. I do wonder if it was the same mission, and if the delay of weeks means that Konoha is REALLY stretched for jounin.

Speaking of... This chapter was a good index of just how dangerous all those suicide missions for Sound have made our white-eyed protagonist. Kakashi still had him outclassed until the 'real ace' showed up, but for a sixteen year old he's starting to become one scary little guy. If people twig to the identity of the thief you'd expect more Itachi comparisons.

Amazing description of the new eyes, by the by, both in that I loved the sealing script and in 'Pale irises cracked through, like some great internal earthquake had eroded and chipped the enamel off a matte black undercoat'. Fantastic.

Kakashi giving Genma a hard time was cute and Takon was creepy and a bit scary as normal, though he seems a bit more 'friendly' in this particular chapter. In a strange sense of the word.

All things considered this is getting very a bit more complicated. Is Neji going to consider going Sound for real? If so where does that put him in terms of his thoughts on Hanabi? Is his adorable genin team finally getting a break with their sensei in recovery from his creepy bloodline breakthrough? Is Orochimaru considering Neji as a possible body now?

I'm waiting eagerly... In the meantime, best of luck with college classes!
KibaCanLickMe chapter 15 . 12/1/2008
Its such a long wait but then so worth it. Certainly an interesting chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
Xintiandi chapter 15 . 11/30/2008
Great chapter. Missing the physiology though. I was taking mamm. phys. when I found this story and I loved studying and reading this fic at the same time.

I wonder when Neji will figure out why his eyes have their hybrid abilities, if he doesn't know already and you just haven't told us.

It always sucks when classes start again. I had almost 30 words down, then the quarter started and I've put down only 200 words since September. Good luck with class and whatnot. Just have to power through it and enjoy break to the fullest.
A Friend chapter 15 . 11/30/2008
HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE I AM SO GLAD YOU UPDATED! This has totally made my week- no, my whole MONTH- I hope you know. So THANK YOU. This is so friggin awesome, I swear, I love this chapter. The action, the suspense- holy crap, and the broken mirror eyes? That. was. so. COOL!

Thank you SO MUCH for updating your story.
407 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »