Reviews for Nightingale
Dayadhvam chapter 4 . 10/6/2007
Oh, this is sheer brilliance! I love Neji's interactions with the Uchihas-it's a little chilling to see how Sasuke acts so distant and cold (granted, they didn't know each other very well even in Konoha). Sasuke: "Your choice in words is quite a mistake on your part"-I'm wondering which one of Neji's words he's referring to. Is it the 'bastard' epithet, or Neji's mention of Sasuke's 'friends' in the first place? :)

And oh!-dear Hinata. :) You write the Naruto characters very well. Kudos, and looking forward to the next chapter!
Lellian chapter 4 . 10/6/2007
M, update. Better than food.

Both Uchiha in the space of two chapters - impressive. Even more so when they both seem so aptly characterised and believable. I was particularly amused by Sasuke's condescension towards Neji - that “I guess most people are polite to their betters.” comment made me wince on Neji's behalf. It was just the sort of thing that would get to our darling Hyuuga.

Something else I like? The fact that, even at the height of all this, Hinata can't say rude things - harsh words, as you put it.

And you mentioned the origami cranes in his stomach again. I adore that metaphor. So much.

Is there anything that you can't do well? Humour, battle scenes, angst, wonderful characterisation...I'm green with envy over here, positively emerald.

Until the next chapter!

Lell
TheWatcherandReader chapter 3 . 10/5/2007
Very interesting. Worth keeping an eye on, at least. Keep on updating.
matchynishi chapter 3 . 10/2/2007
*_*

This. has a really original plot omg and just when I had completely given up on finding goodfic here too. *_* I really liked the way you made Neji human, and the way you wrote his thoughts was so amusing. XD The plot twists were great too sdlkfsdf I sound repetitive. D: I am sorry that I suck at reviews, but you know I'm totally gonna be waiting for more. :D
Ami chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Not only do you have a really fabulous and fascinating plotline going here, but you are AMAZING at battle scenes. Wonderful job! I'm disastrously curious to see what Itachi's motives are...
A Friend chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
This is one hell of an awesome story. I'm so psyched to read the next chapter that I think I might go crazy from the wait.

You write really well, in such a way that I can feel all the things going on rather than just reading them. I love reading that kind of thing, and I sure as hell hope you keep it up. This is a freakin' awesome story, and don't let anyone tell you different.
Reizo Hayashi chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Amazing as usual, keep it up!
Lellian chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Origami paper cranes...I knew that I was reading a masterpiece when that particular image jumped out at me. Your eye for details is wonderful - you glide through this piece and then, suddenly, you zoom in suddenly on something with perfect and beautiful clarity. The piece retains its flow AND its sense for detail. That, my friend, is a rare thing and why I heart you and your work.

“On the brink of pretty much freaking loony,” as Tenten had once confessed. “I didn’t want to say anything, because I was crushing like crazy, but you were kinda really messed up.” I adored this line. It's a nice view of Tenten and HER view on Neji.

I also liked the Neji's thought of 'I see you' as soon as he activated his Byakugan. It's so simple, but really caught me in its eloquence on just how much a Hyuuga relies upon sight.

Those were the details. In general, a beautiful chapter and just as beautiful progression. The dialogue between Itachi and Neji, the dilemma in which Neji has found himself...you make me drift around happily in my rampant theorisation.

As for the pimping of my fic - you beat me to it. I meant to mention your work in my last chapter and completely forgot (because I'm a twit.) You stole my idea! Though you're wrong - your work has grace and passion and variety to it. Mine's cleverly disguised waffle with little to no plot. Still, I thank you and you shall have your share of advertising come Tuesday. :P
MirrorFade chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Very nice, you write Itachi well. The emotions Neji was feeling were very realistic to be, and its obvious you took care to add in the appropriate detail. The story is very vivid, which is good for someone like me, who sees things in pictures. Great chapter, and I look forward to reading more of it.
alpha2nd2003 chapter 3 . 9/28/2007
I dunno, this story seems really hard to beat. Geez, that crazy Itachi. Well, really interested in seeing his plans for Neji and how Sasuke will tie into this _
dreamlifter chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
Great chapter!

Almost every criticism i had on the previous post was answered and them some. Great interactions with sakura and neji. Nice mention of tenten too

The setup is quite mysterious and the story's pacing, even if slow, is great. really like the twists and turns already put on and its only chapter 2. awesome job!
Cherice T chapter 2 . 9/23/2007
This fic is amazing, I love the story so far. Please keep up the good work! I look forward to the next chapter... :)
Lellian chapter 2 . 9/23/2007
If it's been oodles of fun to write then it's certainly been oodles of fun to read as well. There's something wonderfully engaging about your writing - it's intricate without seeming prosey. I like muchly.

History repeating itself...it certainly leaves you plenty of room to play about in. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this, where you take it and whether Temari gets her hawk back. See you next chapter.
Ami chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
Oh wow. I was so engrossed in your story that now I am completely blanking on an appropriate comment.

This is a masterpiece. It has a very dark undertone (which is FABULOUS) but is riddled through with clever language, little points of hilarity, and a superb character-character interaction.

I...wow. I think this is my favorite story now. If I had an account, I would favorite you ;)

Superb work- this literally had me on the edge of my seat. WONDERFUL story.
Reizo Hayashi chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
Great as always. Your writing style is exeptional, fun to read. The story is interesting, more so than anything I've been reading lately. Keep it up!
400 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 Next »