Reviews for Nightingale
dustbowls chapter 4 . 10/12/2007
I love Neji. I love your writing. Brilliant ideas, great characterization, etc, etc. Your renditions of the Uchiha brothers are dead-on, meaning that they are as enigmatic and annoying as hell. As well they should be.

Although I still think Neji would be the taller. Personal bias, maybe? :P
Anise chapter 4 . 10/8/2007
-It's nice to find a story that seems to have such an interesting plot, it's got me constantly asking questions like is Hinata going to throw a fit when she gets home demanding they go help Neji and of course what's Itachi got to do with everything.

-Your creative descriptions like dragons or origami birds in the stomach were wonderful, I love stories with little details like that I find it makes a story really enjoyable to read! :)

-I can't wait to read the rest of this story especially now that Sasuke's finally appeared and I look forward to the upcoming fight, although it doesn't seem really fair since Neji's already fought Kabuto.

-I just found this story and read the whole thing all at once, it's definitely caught my interest and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of it! :)
Kadesh too lazy to log-in chapter 4 . 10/7/2007
I've been MIA from ffnet for so long but I couldn't help but spend the last hour glued to my computer because of this story.

I have no complaints other than grammatical errors that disrupt the flow.

Besides that, you're pretty much amazing.
MirrorFade chapter 4 . 10/7/2007
Great chapter, you write combat well. Much better than most. Neji is, as always, completely in character, and so was Kabuto. I am curious, though, as to the meaning of the chapter title. Something to do with fear, right?
crystaline tears chapter 4 . 10/6/2007
love, love, love...
Ami chapter 4 . 10/6/2007
I am so ridiculously excited to see where you are going with this. As I mentioned before- it's simultaneously dark and hilarious, which makes this fic simply DELICIOUS. Wonderful fight scenes too ;)
alpha2nd2006 chapter 4 . 10/6/2007
Awesome as always. I really think you have the characters down. Curse Sasuke and his b*st*rdlyness! XD
Dayadhvam chapter 4 . 10/6/2007
Oh, this is sheer brilliance! I love Neji's interactions with the Uchihas-it's a little chilling to see how Sasuke acts so distant and cold (granted, they didn't know each other very well even in Konoha). Sasuke: "Your choice in words is quite a mistake on your part"-I'm wondering which one of Neji's words he's referring to. Is it the 'bastard' epithet, or Neji's mention of Sasuke's 'friends' in the first place? :)

And oh!-dear Hinata. :) You write the Naruto characters very well. Kudos, and looking forward to the next chapter!
Lellian chapter 4 . 10/6/2007
M, update. Better than food.

Both Uchiha in the space of two chapters - impressive. Even more so when they both seem so aptly characterised and believable. I was particularly amused by Sasuke's condescension towards Neji - that “I guess most people are polite to their betters.” comment made me wince on Neji's behalf. It was just the sort of thing that would get to our darling Hyuuga.

Something else I like? The fact that, even at the height of all this, Hinata can't say rude things - harsh words, as you put it.

And you mentioned the origami cranes in his stomach again. I adore that metaphor. So much.

Is there anything that you can't do well? Humour, battle scenes, angst, wonderful characterisation...I'm green with envy over here, positively emerald.

Until the next chapter!

TheWatcherandReader chapter 3 . 10/5/2007
Very interesting. Worth keeping an eye on, at least. Keep on updating.
matchynishi chapter 3 . 10/2/2007

This. has a really original plot omg and just when I had completely given up on finding goodfic here too. *_* I really liked the way you made Neji human, and the way you wrote his thoughts was so amusing. XD The plot twists were great too sdlkfsdf I sound repetitive. D: I am sorry that I suck at reviews, but you know I'm totally gonna be waiting for more. :D
Ami chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Not only do you have a really fabulous and fascinating plotline going here, but you are AMAZING at battle scenes. Wonderful job! I'm disastrously curious to see what Itachi's motives are...
A Friend chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
This is one hell of an awesome story. I'm so psyched to read the next chapter that I think I might go crazy from the wait.

You write really well, in such a way that I can feel all the things going on rather than just reading them. I love reading that kind of thing, and I sure as hell hope you keep it up. This is a freakin' awesome story, and don't let anyone tell you different.
Reizo Hayashi chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Amazing as usual, keep it up!
Lellian chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Origami paper cranes...I knew that I was reading a masterpiece when that particular image jumped out at me. Your eye for details is wonderful - you glide through this piece and then, suddenly, you zoom in suddenly on something with perfect and beautiful clarity. The piece retains its flow AND its sense for detail. That, my friend, is a rare thing and why I heart you and your work.

“On the brink of pretty much freaking loony,” as Tenten had once confessed. “I didn’t want to say anything, because I was crushing like crazy, but you were kinda really messed up.” I adored this line. It's a nice view of Tenten and HER view on Neji.

I also liked the Neji's thought of 'I see you' as soon as he activated his Byakugan. It's so simple, but really caught me in its eloquence on just how much a Hyuuga relies upon sight.

Those were the details. In general, a beautiful chapter and just as beautiful progression. The dialogue between Itachi and Neji, the dilemma in which Neji has found make me drift around happily in my rampant theorisation.

As for the pimping of my fic - you beat me to it. I meant to mention your work in my last chapter and completely forgot (because I'm a twit.) You stole my idea! Though you're wrong - your work has grace and passion and variety to it. Mine's cleverly disguised waffle with little to no plot. Still, I thank you and you shall have your share of advertising come Tuesday. :P
407 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »