Reviews for Nightingale
Naitachal666 chapter 5 . 10/19/2007
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. For once, a writer who can write an honest to whatever deity fight scene. A beautiful ending to chapter five. Great depth of insight. Made my day. Night, to be technical. Hard to tell which. But yes, I would be absolutely pleased to see another chapter of this come out. I would, quite indeed.

~Nait

(Sorry if I sound a raving lunatic. Insomnia can do that to you. Just look at Gaara.)
Drake-Azathoth chapter 5 . 10/15/2007
Heh!

Must agree with the other reviewers. 'Itachi says 'Hi''. Hilarious. That was an awesome fight scene, one of the best I've read. Now I'm vastly curious as to what Orochimaru's plans for Neji are... And if Itachi prepared a surprise for him too.

And the 'hatred' thing? Creepy. I'm also wondering what the deal is with Neji's arms. Something is up when even the younger Uchiha comments on such.
Anti-Nostalgic chapter 5 . 10/14/2007
I enjoy the mindless violence! Keep it up! _
TheWatcherandReader chapter 5 . 10/14/2007
Oh, fun. Keep on updating.
Ami chapter 5 . 10/14/2007
This chapter was AMAZING. I can't count how many times I squirmed, gasped, squeaked, or clapped my hands. Usually I'm not a big fan of fight scenes, but I read every single word and got chills. You have an amazing way with words that makes the scene both painfully real and hilarious. Oh wow, I can't even describe what a pleasure it was to read this chapter. Thank you!
Dayadhvam chapter 5 . 10/14/2007
Haha, I liked this chapter. :) Your description of the fight is really good; usually, authors write something along the lines of, "He feigned a punch, ducked, got struck in the face and fell over." You've obviously thought the scene out really well; Neji's eye-gun technique (or whatever it's supposed to be called) was really quite awesome! :) By the "he" Neji's thinking of, that's Itachi, right?

"You’re going to kill, Uchiha Sasuke?" Is that just a misplaced comma? I was under the impression Neji was thinking in astonishment to himself, "You're going to kill Sasuke? Like, how'd this happen?" :P

"Itachi says 'hi.'" You've had beautiful diction and phrasing throughout the chapter, but this one sentence was the one that really stuck out to me. I think I started laughing when I read it; it sounds so *flippant*, in comparison to the situation. :D

Looking forward to the next chapter :)
dustbowls chapter 5 . 10/14/2007
I don't think sound effects really translate well into words, and so I shall spare you my first reaction. It would only disturb you.

Such a good chapter. Brilliant. And I love the way Neji gets to verbally bite his thumb at Sasuke, even though the Uchiha just won't die. And really, the action sequence was amazing. I could never write something like that.
Lellian chapter 5 . 10/14/2007
Dude. DUDE. (See the lack of eloquence I've been reduced to?)

I guffawed at the idea of just what Neji's face would look like if he knew Sasuke compared his fighting style to a microwave. In fact, the first third or so of this I found extremely damn amusing because of the wry way in which you narrated it. It made my inner dead-pan appreciation fanclub happy.

Hell, your story just generally makes me happy. This is, quite officially, one of the best fight scenes I've ever read. Ever.

And Neji? Of COURSE using your eyes like chakra machine guns is gonna hurt. Geez. (But please don't be too incapacitated in the next chapter - I'd hate to lose you now.)

Nice to know that I'm not the only one the site's being pesky for. I'm now off to see if I can (finally) upload some Team Gai stuff.

To the next chapter! *Bows*
MirrorFade chapter 5 . 10/14/2007
Loved all the violence, very well-written. My only comment would be your use of the word "microwaved". Are there even microwaves in the Naruto-universe? That's just one of my pet peeves. Otherwise, awesome job.
Drake-Azathoth chapter 4 . 10/13/2007
Heya. Loving this story.

I love the... Gritty realism, I suppose I should say, to this story. Though Naruto is still a fantastic setting, the way you show relationships and events with Neji's cynical clarity is great. His voice in this is perfect.

Liked Kabuto's arrogance and irritating ability to recover his closed tenketsu. Really loved Neji's quashed internal impulse to maim Hinata. Untainted nobility not only isn't him, it would be a bit repulsive under the circumstances.

And of course I'm eager to see what Itachi did. Poor Neji. ;)
dustbowls chapter 4 . 10/12/2007
I love Neji. I love your writing. Brilliant ideas, great characterization, etc, etc. Your renditions of the Uchiha brothers are dead-on, meaning that they are as enigmatic and annoying as hell. As well they should be.

Although I still think Neji would be the taller. Personal bias, maybe? :P
Anise chapter 4 . 10/8/2007
-It's nice to find a story that seems to have such an interesting plot, it's got me constantly asking questions like is Hinata going to throw a fit when she gets home demanding they go help Neji and of course what's Itachi got to do with everything.

-Your creative descriptions like dragons or origami birds in the stomach were wonderful, I love stories with little details like that I find it makes a story really enjoyable to read! :)

-I can't wait to read the rest of this story especially now that Sasuke's finally appeared and I look forward to the upcoming fight, although it doesn't seem really fair since Neji's already fought Kabuto.

-I just found this story and read the whole thing all at once, it's definitely caught my interest and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of it! :)
Kadesh too lazy to log-in chapter 4 . 10/7/2007
I've been MIA from ffnet for so long but I couldn't help but spend the last hour glued to my computer because of this story.

I have no complaints other than grammatical errors that disrupt the flow.

Besides that, you're pretty much amazing.
MirrorFade chapter 4 . 10/7/2007
Great chapter, you write combat well. Much better than most. Neji is, as always, completely in character, and so was Kabuto. I am curious, though, as to the meaning of the chapter title. Something to do with fear, right?
crystaline tears chapter 4 . 10/6/2007