Reviews for A Flickering Light
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
I really like that his dad is actually being nice in this story!
Song of Stillness chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
This was just beautiful and sad. It made my heart ache...
Nimloth9 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I loved it! The last part especially.
la banda chicka 16 chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
love it love it love it love it. Yes I know writers hate these kinds of reviews but I can't think of anything else to say except I love it.
Shandris chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Very well written! Rather frugal with words and yet significant. I disliked only one thing: "‘What did you talk about the evening before Boromir left?’ Denethor suddenly asked.

‘We started with grave things, but then…Boromir started to tease me,’ Faramir said, smiling at the memory. ‘He said he was not certain if he could entrust me with his duties, because I was a poor fighter if there were no trees around me…’"

It seems to me to be a little childish answer. It doesn't match to those characters and I don't think that the B.-F. talk is so important for the story to be mentioned in such a way. The rest is really great. :)
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
I love this story. I am putting it on my c2
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
This is beautiful, and poignant, and just downright heartbreaking!

Incredible!
Jemms chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
This is incredibly beautiful! Very lovely. You write both Denethor & Faramir really well & very much in character (the way I see them anyway). Not very many stories show how they interact after Boromir's death & I think that you captured their emotions with sensitivity, but avoided over-sentimentality.

Well done! Easily one of my favourites!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Wow, beautiful little piece! Very poignant...