Reviews for The Gift of Life Part One
Alex Foster chapter 11 . 9/16/2007
A very good start to what I'm sure will be a very good series. There were some areas I worried would slip toward the Mary Sue inclination, but you avoided that by keeping emphasis away from Ashekha's strong skills and focusing on her emotions and the emotions of those around her.

I also liked the theme of one's individual life holding great importance. Being able to choose your own way even when faith tells you that nothing better is possible is a very powerful statement in my opinion. That was shown well here in the rationale the Gerudo had to explain their thieving lifestyle and the belief the Goddesses created them to be nothing more than crooks.

Congrats on a job well done and good luck on the next part.

Alex Foster chapter 6 . 9/16/2007
I like the twisted logic of the Gerudo lifestyle you included here. No one ever thinks of themselves as evil or amoral. That's a good fact to keep in mind while creating characters.

Alex Foster chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
heh...Gerudo Romper Room.
Alex Foster chapter 3 . 9/16/2007
I enjoy the way you are taking your time building the story. So often people rush right in and don't bother to introduce characters and the story's world properly. The names you use are also intriguing. How did you decided on them? Are they from a particular area or language or just random?

My only complaint was when you used the word "cool" to describe something. It's a minor thing, but I've never liked it when writers use modern slang in medieval settings.

Alex Foster chapter 1 . 9/16/2007