Reviews for Dance of the Deer and Mûmak
Thalion Estel chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
This is so well done! Not only do you capture the essence of dwarves and elves, appropriately contrasting their manner, but you manage to do it with wonderful writing and a great idea for a story! As always, I love how you write Gimli and Legolas. This brought me many smiles. Excellent work!
sparra-music chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
nice story!

Did you make up Legolas' family, or have I missed an important Tolkien work along the way somewheres (or perhaps overlooked them in something like the Silmarillion, which I have only read once)?
Tavaril Lasgalen chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Hmm. That makes sense. I've considered elven dancing to be somewhat akin to ballet and dwarvish dancing akin to Scottish folk dancing and this sort of supports that:D I'm glad Gimli was able to win over Anoriel with his dancing. It wouldn't have been nice if all of Legolas' siblings remained cold to him.

~Tavarîl
Emily chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Hah, this was cool. It made me happy. While I haven't read Never Again, I found this story easy to read without having background history. And you thoughtfully included an index-sort of thing at the end of your story! : ) How nice of you.

Wow, I can see this all happening. Go Gimli!
Fireblade's song chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
As always, a wonderfully written story. I wish I could get story ideas like this! Where do you keep your muse and can I borrow it? XD

~Zypher.
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Yeah. I'm back again. Are you surprised?

Well... I am not XD But now, after I found something interesting written by you again, I decided, that I shal skip your storys in my seach from now on, but come back to them when I own a little more time and then read them alltogether. Or at least in arow and not like now with the work of someone else between them every now and then.

XD

I guess, cou can call me a new reader of yours. D

Okay, back to the story:

An elf using his sleeve to clean his moth instead of a napkin...that must be quite a sight, me thinks XD

And the dance of the elves and the one of Gimli as well. I would have loved to see that, to be there and watch as well.

But just reading and thinking about it made me semile.

A lovely little story again

Mára mesta

-Untill we meet again XD

(by the way: I apollogize for every mistake in my english or at least the spelling XD Some are made by haste, of corse but for the rest... beeing a half-german and half-english one I may be able to understand almost everything without using a dictionarry, but when it comes down to writing, then in english at least i often mix things up and end up making mistakes XD I'm sorry for that.)
Under.a.floorboard.world chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Aw, that was great! Cute and funny yet oddly Tolkienish realistic, if you get what I mean. :D
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
oh lovely little friendship fic...i think ill have to check out your other ones now lol.

Liked how the dances are all different and people's reactions and Gimli being set up as he was and his uncertainty in being the only dwarf there or in leaving because he was getting cold...all very well done and made me grin _
Larner chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Ah, how wonderful! Yes, graceful as a Mumak as it dances across the battlefield-graceful and inexorable! I, too, have seen male dwarves as dancing separate from their womenfolk, and their dancing elemental rather than etherial.

Perfect imagery!
lotrelves chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Hee, hee. :D That was funny, NiRi. XD Good job making me laugh.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
I loved the image of Gimli dancing, NiRI, what a surprise !Is it like Cossack dancing,which is great fun to watch? A very enjoyable story,

Linda
Chris chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
That was a great idea. I never thought much about dances for the dwarves. but I think you found the right character of the dances for dwarves. They really would not be for jumping through the air. The way you describe Gimli's dancing reminds me of Irish dances.

Chris
Alexandra chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
Really enjoyed this!

Alexandra
Anearin chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
Are you still alive NiRi? You havent fallen into the abyss or dropped off the ends of the earth? I certainly hope not for I should miss you stories! lol how is moving going?

I must say I did enjoy that story (oh what s surprise!) lol The dvarven dancing sounds a little like Jewish dancing, but I dont know what I would compare the elven dancing too, although maybe it is not meant to be compared with anything.

Take care of yourself NiRI

Anea
Jael the Scribe chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Aw, this was very nice! Gimli's dance reminds me of the Greek folkdancing I learned as a teenager. The steps were incredibly hard.

Nice handling of the cultural differences. Good job!