Reviews for Walking with Beasts
SeekerAstria chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
This is really good. I came across this after randomly searching for Komamura fics and am very glad I did. I'm not terribly familiar with Bleach yet, but it looks like you've fleshed out the characters of Iba and Komamura well, as we still know little about them. I really like your incorporation of different cultures and ideas of the afterlife into both their missions and Komamura's background. A very touching look at two under-appreciated characters. Thanks.
WRATH77 chapter 4 . 4/25/2011
interesting concept!
ihonestlydontknow chapter 4 . 2/4/2010
I totally agree with you. Iba acts so... calm, civilized, whatever whenever we see him, even though we KNOW that he came from the volitile 11th div. that specilizes in battle and standing out in any way you can. It is strange, therefore, that Iba acts so normal, as you say. Even Renji, who is now the leiutennent of the 'civilized' 6th div. stands out, and is rough around the edges, but Iba...

I really like how you've treated the characters in this story, and how you've portrayed Komammura. He's awesome, and has the potential to become a great and unforgettable character, if only givin the chance. While this is only a fanfiction story, and therefor not cannon, (sadly) I feel that you've given shape to these two with a dignity rarely seen in even some of the most popular stories on this site.

I'm very glad that I was able to read this story and see your take on the enigmatic 7th division, and the bestial qualities of its captain. Because it's true; someone like Sajin WOULDN'T look at human culture from our point of view. We're as strange to him as he is to us.

Thank you for such a well-written, thoughtful story. I hope to hear more from you in the future, and I hope you don't mind me and all the babbling that I did on this review.

Long, wind-baggy story short: GREAT STORY!
Markus Wolfe chapter 4 . 12/24/2009
well thought out, this fanfiction is truly worthy of the category 'spiritual'
irritated reader chapter 4 . 7/26/2009
Speechless. I was teary eyed at the end of chapter 2, and I'm a hard gal. This whole fic has to be the most imaginative and vivid that I've ever read. I can tell that you must have done a lot of research for this, but in no way does it feel encumbered with facts. I really thought you owned a motorcycle, but you gave yourself away in the AN. (I NEVER read ANs, but yours were an extra treat.) The message is beautiful, delivered beautifully. I think I shivered at the end. I wish I could write a better review for you. Thanks so much!
BasilAbdef chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
You are a superlative writer, and this story is among the very best that I've seen set in the Bleach universe. It is indeed nice to see a well-written piece about something other than Ichigo or Hitsugaya.
Odi et amo chapter 4 . 5/10/2008
I myself, LOVE the fic. Largely because Komamura is probably the coolest character in Bleach, and yet oddly enough there aren't many good fics about him. I don't get it. He's nothing more than a really big teddy bear. *cuddles her own giant teddy and wishes for a larger one*

Would he be a Cynocephali then? Since he's a fuzzy beast all the time, and Neuri and werewolves/lycans turn at will but usually maintain human form?

Great fic. Just fantastic.
ry chapter 4 . 1/15/2008
Wow just wow, great story.
fsaputra chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
I have always interested in getting to know more about this unique Captain of the 7th Division. This story has given me an opportunity to appreciate more about the wonderful things about being different. Thank you for this wonderful writing.
Psycho-Neurotically Disturbed chapter 4 . 10/4/2007
Absolute brilliance.
Viashino wizard chapter 4 . 9/30/2007
Muh, guh, buh, nuh.

I cannot find words to do this story justice. I seriously can't. It's way too good.

That being said, Komamura on a motorcycle has got to be one of the most awesome images I've ever thought of.
Marqania chapter 4 . 9/29/2007
Huh. Thoughtful stuff.

There was a small group of people mentioned in the news (BBC?) this summer that got electricity for the first time. Chapter 1 made me think of them. And shudder on Chapter 3! Chapter 4 took some of the edge off, but I'm still a bit shaken.
crystal cerberus chapter 2 . 9/18/2007
how sad
P. Labyrinth chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Man, this is so good. A very rare fanfic indeed, one that attempts to engage the reader. I've always felt the 7th division never get any attention either. This is a becon of light in a sea of crap that is the countless badly written Hitsugaya X Hinamori fics. Thank you for writing this!