Reviews for Enlightenment
Kiva chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Okay. I don't normally review, because... well, I'm a lazy bitch. But as soon as read the story, I knew I had to leave my impressions. Firstly, I'd like to say how much I enjoyed it. I love post-Freak Nation stories that focus on Alec, but have re-read all the decent ones out there to death. I loved the friendship between Joshua and Alec, especially. Love the way you picked up on Joshua helping Alec out of the van, and referenced it in the story.

Now... I hate Logan. For some reason, I never latched onto the character, and he just... annoys me. But one of my biggest peeves in Dark Angel fic is when he suddenly becomes a nasty control freak/secretly hates all transgenics bar Max/is latently homicidal. Doesn't mean I won't read it if it's well done, but... it's very jarring to the reader. But whether you are an Alec fan, or like Logan best, I think both are represented fairly here. The characters of Logan and Alec are written well, and I definitely enjoyed them in their scenes.

Hopefully we'll be seeing more?

All in all, one I'll definitely be reading again.
Erkith chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
I feel all warm and fuzzy... nice fic
Sarah chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Loved It! Way to work with what the last episode gave you! I always wished they would have gone into it more. Great great job!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Great story, you wrote the friendship between Alec and Joshua perfectly and did both characters justice, with the simplicity and honesty of your words!

Nice for Alec to finally have found a home, realising that he had people who cared about him and who he cared for too!

Beautifully written as usual, just awesome!
Emma15 chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
It's awesome to see good Alec H/C! Thank you! I love this! :D
lisa316 chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
What a lovely little story - A perfect little glimpse into those missing three days at the end of Freak Nation. I always figured the poor guy walked it off after getting shot, but your version's much more interesting...

Favorite parts:

“Alec hides things. Didn’t want to make a fuss.” - That simple line pretty much sums up Alec's character perfectly. He masked how complicated he really was with overly obvious simplicity...

“Aw hell.” he muttered. Clearly there’d been a bit more wrong with him than just a few bruises. He was never gonna live this down. - Funniest line ever! Very Alecy.

"It was Logan who gave him a hand to get up the stairs and Alec found he quite liked the comfortableness that seemed to have settled between them since the big fight. He’d always actually liked Logan and that had been one of the reasons why he was so pissed when Max used him as an excuse to split up with the guy. It was common knowledge now though that hadn’t been true, so there was no reason for them to have any issues. Apart from the usual lively debates that they both actually enjoyed." - I'm glad you stuck to the original storyline and didn't villify anyone. The sense of family was what made this little story so special. LOL for the Waltons reference...if it were too touchy feely, it wouldn't be Alec.

Very nice job...thanks for this.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
I really enjoyed your story.

I love the friendship between Joshua and Alec. How Joshua can see the real Alec, the one who does crave the family and friends, not the loner that is projected to everyone.

You did a great job with all the characters as they watched over Alec and waited for him to wake up.

Wonderful ending, 'He'd found a home. Family. People that he cared about and who returned the favour.'

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Until next time, take care.
SlytherinElektra chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Hey!

Beautiful story!

I love Drak Angel, especially Alec (he is too cute!), but there aren't a lot of fic about it!

This is the best Dark Angel fic I've read, congrat for the sweet story and the excellent way in which you've written it!

Kisses!

Elektra the Dark
Capt. Cow chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Yay! Closure! Finally a story that remembers the fact that Alec was hurt in the finale, someything that the show so annoyingly glossed over! This story is awesome, I loved the way Logan and Alec got on, which is so unusual, and Joshua's friendship with Alec. Sigh, fantastic story.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Awesome story!
chrisVIII chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
waouh, you managed to make me appreciate Logan ! lol I really like the way you describe him and make him interact with Alec. Great job! excellent story !
Brenny chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
hey hon *waves*

really touching story, well done *as always* amazing you still find the time to write these awesome stories!
LilMissWinchester chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Aw that was so cute!

I love Alec! he's so awesome. that was realy, really well written.

xoxo
mars494 chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Amazing story!

You were spot on with the emotion and the characters and have made this perfect in every area.

Terrific!
may7fic chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
What a thoroughly enjoyable story and thank you for writing it. I've always wanted to see someone address Joshua helping Alec from the van and the aftermath of that and you've done so beautifully. I loved their relationship and it was great to see it portrayed so truthfully in this story. Thanks again!
39 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »