Reviews for Mozart's Requiem
kkcliffy chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
I had to read this when I saw the title. Requiem is one of my all time favorite pieces of music. My high school orchestra played it with the band and vocal majors (it was an arts school- we had art majors) and I will never forget that performance. We played well enough that NPR still plays our recording of it sometimes. Anyway, you did an amazing job describing the beauty and emotion in both movements. Lacrimosa and Sanctus were two of my favorite movements to play, though Kyrie was by far the most fun in my opinion. You definitely did them justice.
MiniAjax chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
That . was...AWESOME!
I sang the Requiem some months...years?..mh , AH! Yeah two years ago! Wondeful piece of music and I totally can understand why Soundwave thinks it's amazing...because it is :D
I love the way how you describe the situation. Well done!
LordMegraMadness chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Though I'm not a fan of Mozart myself I can appreciate his talent and I think soundwave probably would lie about something like that, over something he felt for so well done on this I really enjoyed it.
willowswelt chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
It is a funny thought: Britney Spears (pop singer in the late 90s, in case she was already forgotten) would doom our world while Mozart (he does not need an explanation) could save it.

Your Soundwave seems quite IC and I could imagine him defying Megatron in small ways and for something he feels strongly about.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
interesting
Angharad23 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Well, I never thought I would see the day Transformers and my favorite piece of music all time would merge!

You get all the brownie points in the world for putting Mozart's Requiem into a story with Soundwave.

And yes, the Lacrimosa is exquisite. There's an even more beautiful section that doesn't get as much attention-the Agnus Dei. If you haven't heard it, I recommend maybe you could look that one up too :)

Beautiful fic! And KUDOS for keeping Soundwave in character.
Flower K. Owl chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
I aplaude you, Shylight, for putting what I always wanted to happen into words, and beautiful words at that.

I've always thought Soundwave would like some of our music, and you chose a fine example.

When I listened to it, I was chilled to the bone.
RoseQuartzCasa chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
A very nice little piece of work. I’m not a huge fan of Soundwave (I think he’s just a little creepy) but I think you got his personality down pat. He could care less about saving the humans, but the music he loves would disappear along with them if the opera house was destroyed.

I particularly like the way you described the music and Soundwave’s reaction to it. And I agree, if there was one type of music that Soundwave would like, it would be Classical.

‘The human known as Mozart was a genius. Absolutely brilliant.

Apparently, the humans had a few redeeming qualities after all.’

My favorite part :D Thanks so much for writing this.

RoseQuartzCasa
BMT and SuperMoose chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
If any piece of music could change a Decepticons mind about humans, Mozart's Requiem would be the one. It certainly gets me emotional. :)

~SuperMoose
Jaka Tingkir chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
I liked how you described the requiem when Sounds heard it for the first time.

"Their voices added one by one like raindrops until there voices became a powerful, torrential downpour."

I never heard the song, but this sentence explains a lot!

I can feel his sweet side there... makes me luv the tape deck more. Oh, and also Rumble. How sweet of 'im. ;D

I'm certainly putting this in my favorites.
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Beautiful...

Absolutely brilliant.

I can actually see Soundwave enjoying the music of Mozart.

Exquisite.

The indifferent one swayed by the soft strains of violin and the elegance of the human voice.

I found the song, and I can see why it struck such a chord.

Simply divine...
Atiaran chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I love Soundwave too. I really enjoyed this fic. The concept-that of Soundwave being won to a new appreciation of humanity by an exposure to one of our greatest musical works-is a dynamite one and you handled it very well here. The contrast between the Lacrymosa and "Bad Touch" could not have been better chosen, and the lines "Soundwave also understood the language of war but he knew another one as well. He was fluent in the universal language of music." were a particularly elegant way of expressing that part of his character. Good job.
DimensionDoor chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Lacrymosa truly is a beautiful song. One of my favourite pieces. I wish I could sum up just what about this I found so fantastic, but alas the English language fails me once more.

Let's just leave it at: That was gorgeous.
OptimusxElita4ever chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Sweet. *loves Soundwave too* I remember a few weeks ago that I was watching opera on one of the channels we get. Also I have a CD of Celtic instrumentals, I think Sonders would like that. ;). Also this fic gave me an idea for a fic that I'm planning. In case you're interested, it's gonna be a SoundwavexOC romance fic. ;).
AutobotKuro chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Gorgeous little ficlet. Right after I read it, I went and downloaded Lacrimosa and listened to it while reading the lyrics.

Very unusual perspective you've written, but I found Soundwave's reaction to be very enlightening. How strange for a Decepticon to have an artist's heart.

We squishies aren't entirely useless, are we, Soundwave? x3

Have you ever listened to 'O Fortuna' of Carmina Burana? I think that would have been another song Soundwave might have liked.

Great story, hope you write more.

-Kuronyo