Reviews for Growing pains
carocali chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Yeah! A new story! The angsty teen years are a new favorite of mine, especially from you! You are also one of the few people who can write mean!John and I'm okay with it. I hate to think that that's how he really treated Sam, but you make it so realistic that I am sucked right in. This, in particular, cut me to the bone:

"The boy is damn useless at times, not worth a quarter of his weight in salt.”

The words were out before he could call them back and John grimaced at noticing his youngest standing in the bedroom doorway. Eyes locked on him as his youngest absorbed his sharp words, eyes that were stripped of all emotion. His harsh words seemingly had travelled over him like a ripple of water barely touching the surface."

Ah, poor Sammy!

Can't wait to see where you take this!

;D

Caroline
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Slow? Who gives a crap about slow when you're already sitting with tissues to your eyes cause you can see the freaking emo catastrophe in the making!

You have a knack for making me dislike John, or your version of him! That says something!

So I sit here waiting for the next installment with my heart pounding from the venom I KNOW is coming... and the hurts that cut the deepest are gonna be from John's very own hand as usual, (well his fault anyway)

So... ready when you are dear lady!

Ready when you are.

:D

sifi
red121 chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Nice beginning. The way you have portrayed John makes it clear that he loves Sam and wants the best for him, but totally doesn't understand what that really means for Sam. He wants to be a good dad but doesn't really know how. The tension between John and Dean was well done; you did an especially good job of capturing Dean's emotions, and showing his protectiveness toward his brother and the conflict between that protectiveness and his need to please/obey his father. You might want to be a little more careful with your proofing; there were several sentences that had extra words, and/or didn't quite make sense. Overall though, it's looking like it will be a good story, and the first chapter flows really nicely. I'm definitely looking forward to more.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
It was slow but good, I can't wait to see what you do next
SamaStar chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
O, this is going to be a good one! I can't wait for you to update the next chapter!

Sama
Apollo's Lady chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Not a slow start at all... It was rich with family dynamics and ignored wisdom. It's what I live for in Supernatural...

And the last line was way to ominous...
friendly chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
great start.. that was awesome. I can't wait for more
meilinglovesshaoran chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
I love it already! But I'm interested in that small paragraph near the end, with Sammy and his 'invisible friend' and Elkins casting a binding spell. Wonder if there will be a fic on Wee!Sammy here with that plot idea? I'd love to see it!
Deanaholic1 chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
oo..so good..i luv it
snchills chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Wow great start. I hope you update soon.
SilverStorm06 chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
I excited to be reading this story! :)
Tamara chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
A great start-I'm very excited that you're starting a new story!

Tamara
gothraven89 chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
I am intrigued.

Girl, you better update as soon as you can cause I wanna know more.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
Animefouryou chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
wow wonder how this road trip will go I know alot of arguing wonder how this will all end add more now now and hurry thanks
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
You did a really great job of setting down the tension between all three Winchesters. You know I'm no fan of John's but you at least give plausible reasons as to why he's such a hard ass with his youngest.

A tanned and healthy Sam hanging out at the ocean. Little Surfer Boy...that conjures up quite a picture.

The last paragraph is just full of foreshadowing. When will you post the next installment? I'm impatient to see how John and Sam interact and what threat looms on the horizon for Sam.
893 | « Prev Page 1 .. 49 56 57 58 59 60 Next »