Reviews for The Legend of Durc
tricorvus chapter 6 . 10/10/2013
There are a lot of authors at who desperately need their own Kuhu.
You've seen their work, they get older but don't go back to fix things, that could very well be fixed.
I love what you did here in this chapter
Now that you've cleaned up the story and it's damn good, let me know when you update :D looking forward to it :D
Rock on
tricorvus chapter 5 . 10/10/2013
Um, Vorn is mated to Uba, isn't he? Uba's mother, Iza died long ago. Did I remember something wrong? Damn. I no longer remember because I no longer have the books.
Still a damn good story
tricorvus chapter 3 . 10/10/2013
I love this so much
tricorvus chapter 2 . 10/10/2013
I forgot to mention, that it left me with a grin, showing - in the first chapter - Brac trying to say grandfather, and how you wrote it was appropriate for the canon speech patterns & the fact that they didn't know about paternity...
You must have already done the clean-up mentioned in the summary :D
Rock on
tricorvus chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I am going to review this chapter because it is good.
This is a good continuation of the life of the clan, thus far.
It was something I was looking for, to read, anyhow.
I find no fault in it, unless you count spelling favourite the British way instead of favorite the American way, to be a fault, which I don't.
michelle.swatsenbarg chapter 6 . 9/9/2013
Looking forward to the rest
LarryH chapter 2 . 5/29/2013
I know you don't want reviews this early, but a 'false story' is impossible for Clan. That's a major plot point you may want to review.
tom chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
very cool opening :)
minnemoman chapter 6 . 2/3/2013
minnemoman chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
I am liking this story :)
jaquelinelittle chapter 6 . 2/1/2013
This woman appreciates the storyteller's efforts. This woman is also well acquainted with the evil spirits of poor grammar, misspelling and writer's block. May the storyteller's totem be strong and fend them off.

This woman is looking forward to the family reunition. It's sad that Brun won't be there to see Ayla again (and be well cared for in his old age). This woman is also curious how Zoun will fare as a Mogur when faced with a long-dead person; so far he did not do much, ceremony-wise. Will he resign and hand the office over to Durc?

This woman is also hoping Durc's Clan will meet the Mamutoi, and that Ayla&Jon will stay with them after all. As far as this woman knows, Mammoth Camp should be closest by (supposing the valley is Ayla's Valley of Horses). Hopefully they will come to some joint hunting ground agreement.
This woman would be particularly delighted if Jondalar had to pay Ayla's bride price after all, and really work his butt off for it, instead of sponging off her hunting, gathering, basketry and clothes-making all the time.
jaquelinelittle chapter 5 . 2/1/2013
"The woman had been his mate's mother. "
That can't be. Vorn's mate is Uba. Uba's mother was Iza. Iza died when Ayla was still with the Clan.

That hyena was really stupid. All it needed do was wait for the humans to hunt, then get some leftovers from butchering. Wolf is also quite useless; he should have smelled that beast.

Couldn't Ayla have put Jon on a travois and made for Mammoth Camp, which is quite close to her valley? Camping for weeks out in the open when injured, hunting while injured, and then butchering an aurochs nearby which would draw all kinds of scavengers looks extremely risky to me.
jaquelinelittle chapter 4 . 2/1/2013
After Durc did what he wanted and left, I'd have suggested Brun take the rest of them and move to the nearest Clan cave. He could argue Broud would have to follow them for lack of other options.
jaquelinelittle chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Durc should remind Broud that Creb was the greatest Mogur ever and now is with ursus in the spirit world. Who knows what he can do from there? Broud has always been afraid of Creb's powers.
TLWtlw chapter 3 . 2/2/2013
I have a question, in this chapter, you say Droog is going with them and then you say he is dead. Is it a younger man named Droog?
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »