Reviews for There You'll Be
The Chandelier Fell chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
this is soooooo sad! it actually made me cry a little!
Rufus Butterworth chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This is so amazing and sad! I love the Charley and Dodger relationship and you captured it perfectly. I liked when Nancy said "Do not fall like me. No more despair little brother."
I also like when you say:

"The last time he had seen London was when he was thirteen-years-old. He was now twenty-three years of age and he had not been back since. Faceless people of his past were gone, buried from him just like their bodies; everyone, dead to him. They had to be, it was the only way he had survived this long.

But there was still one face he always could put a name to and no matter how much Charley had changed and decided an honest life was best, somewhere deep inside him was the still the cheerful, laughable, care-free and mischievous child pickpocketer belonging to the ever famous Fagin's gang, that he had once been along with his skilled and serious partner and brother, Jack Dawkins at his side."

Beautiful job!
Rosebud5 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Oh. Lord. That was so achingly beautiful and lovely. Yes, I DO think they were that close. The blood brothers made me cry. This makes me want to go write a story about the two of them. Thank you for this, my dear. Absolutely perfect.

~Rosey
deeeeeactivated chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
This is great! I loved it! The part that really stood out for me was the "you hurt Dodger you hurt Charley; you hurt Charley you hurt Dodger." powerful stuff, well done!
BringMeToBroadway chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Aw. This is so beautiful and choice of song, and a beautifully written sory. Well done to you.
Katarina Sparrow 19 chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Oh God! I am bawling my ever lovin eyes out mate. That was beautiful. I have never in all my life read something so touching. That's just how Charley and Dodger were and his feeling of loss was so powerfully described. When Charley cried I really lost it. Oh God bless you for writing this, that was...breathtaking.
breeutiful chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Oh god, I had to keep myself from crying, I asolutely adore the characters Charley Bates and Jack Dawkins!
Cirolane chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Well, you made me cry! Seriously, I was bawling all throughout the story. I liked it.
Silent as a Bomb chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
... No one ever said that Dodger died... I think...
Charlene Bates chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
*smiles sadly* That was a VERY good story. I think that it was in pretty good character for Charley. In the book he is a bit depressed when Dodger is caught (until Fagin "cheers him up").

I REALLY LOVE this story, even though it is sad!
Red Cherries chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
Hey,

Loved it!

Cheero:D
ASGT and Kat Maximoff chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
I enjoyed this.

It's so hard to find a good Oliver Twist story, alas. But this was good.

Poor Charley- that kid's got it rough. Well, he gets away in the end, but really. That's gotta be the worst, living while everyone else is dead or in Australia.

In one of my fics (and another one I'm working on right now) I mention Charley after everything happens, and just how bitter he is. I really see him just becoming pretty damn bitter after everything, you know?

Eh, maybe I'm off. I don't know. I'm not Dickens.

However, I REALLY did enjoy your characterization of him. Since he's portrayed as so happy all the time, it was nice to see him all depressed. Quite well done.

And your Nancy was lovely, too- she's a difficult one to write. And act. Oh, Nancy. Easily my favorite character. So glad I got to play her and still RP as her... *fades off into nostalgia land*

Anyways, keep it up! I want to see more of your writings, you!

(Yes, I'm aware I'm strange and ramble.)
Jewell Copland chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
This was really good.

I had tears stinging my own eyes!

Poor Charley!