Reviews for Portraits of the Past
MCH chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Lovely. Well written. In these 4 chapters you said everything that was right for Susan.
The Little Blue Fairy chapter 4 . 8/1/2011
This one I just about used four tissues!

It is so sweet and innocent, I like it, I like it a lot, and its being added to my favorites!
The Little Blue Fairy chapter 3 . 8/1/2011
Three tissues, eh?

MMPHHfffff (no. 1)

That w-was so b-beaut-tiful.

MMPHHfffff (no.2)

And so-so cute

MMPHHfffff (no. 3)

So s-sad.

I loved that one, I really like the innocence on Lucy, and the blossom.

Favorite line: "Look," she repeated, holding her gently cupped hands up to me. I saw a tiny white flower there, that I knew was one of her favorites. It was just beginning to bloom, but it had already been crushed by a careless passerby.
The Little Blue Fairy chapter 2 . 8/1/2011
That was AWESOME too! I don't know how you do it-every single chapter-amazing each time! Whats your secret? Probably you just being an extremely talented author!
The Little Blue Fairy chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
That was BEAUTIFUL! It seemed so poetic, and lovely!

Favorite line: Tears fall from my face, raindrops from the cloud of sorrow gathered around me.

2 Favorite line: Seeing even there a echo of a long lost land.

I can't wait to read the next chapter!
lifechiaroscuro chapter 4 . 3/5/2011
I. love. your. stories.
Floppyearsthbunny reviewTake2 chapter 4 . 9/19/2010
Oh...My! This is beautiful...and sad. I don't know how many times I've read this, but I think I just discovered the author note.(Duh, that was pretty unobservant.) And I cannot believe it. "Not on the Train" was not even one of my better stories that it should inspire you. Thanks for the mention in the Author's note. I'm highly honored. Thank you and God bless!
Bundibird chapter 4 . 1/19/2009
:) Well done. This rounded off the FourShot nicely. Good work.
Bundibird chapter 3 . 1/19/2009
Aw. :( That was the saddest one so far. You really captured Lucy well in this one.

Bundi
Bundibird chapter 2 . 1/19/2009
This one read better than the first. It just flowed quite well.

I feel sorry for Susan - in the first one she was like, 'wherever they are, I hope its someplace like Narnia,' and she has no idea that it -is- Narnia.

And in this one, where she's like 'none of them deserved to die... except perhaps me,' and she has no idea that 'death' was the best thing that ever happened to her family. It sounds harsh when put that way, but come on: Real Narnia vs Shadow-land England? There really is no comparison. But she has no idea, and she's all busy feeling sorry for them when they're probably the happiest they've ever been.

Anyway, good work. :)

Love Bundi
Bundibird chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Good first chapter. :) I liked it. I like how she was looking at the Uni photo, "with a noble smile on his face," and she remembered Narnia. Maybe you didnt intend for it to be read that way, but i sort of read it like his noble expression in the photo reminded her of more noble days.

It didnt read as well as 'Final Sentence' did - i'm not sure why - but it was still good.

Love Bundi
sundayswithgale chapter 4 . 6/3/2008
This is so...heart warming...
JapanManiac chapter 4 . 5/27/2008
Oh poor Susan left alone in this world, i hope Aslan will forgive her one day.
Preciousjewlnarniapengi chapter 4 . 12/21/2007
Val...WOW! I will admit that I was moved to tears-no joke. This is how I wanted Susan to feel in the end, and I wanted a good story of thier death, and I thank you for doing that! This will certainly be added to my favorites.

~Preciousjewl
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 4 . 12/20/2007
These were really well written. Short, sweet, and to the point, and I must admit I teared up on the Lucy one. You did a great job looking back, what some might call a trip on memory lane. Great job!