Reviews for 004 STAR TREK: Spock's Ultimate Truths
LilacFaLaBraue chapter 4 . 8/30/2009
Awesome
traycon3 chapter 5 . 9/21/2007
*Points up* See. I told you I'd be too lazy to log in. And I appologize for the endless comments about italics. Sometimes if they're cluttered together too much, it makes it harder for me to read.

Plus I'm a grammer freak. A huge one. Twice my co-writer F_M and I got into an argument over comma placement. (We still don't quite know who's write. Er...right.)

Where was I going with this..? Oh, yeah.

I LOVED THE ENDING! Poor Spock! Poor Bones! Poor(ish) Kirk!

I'd hug them, but Spock would drop me with a nerve pinch before I could even think twice about it.

I'd say update soon, but I don't forsee that happening...Pity. *Puts away mop*

Traycon 3 and Fishey Me chapter 5 . 9/21/2007
Very interesting take on Q, as well as on Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. I was quite surprised when I read the last chapter... Q was perfectly mischeivious in chapter 4, but he seemed downright malignant in chapter 5. It definitely shows some 'truths' that many who watch the show never pay much attention to once the ship has flown off into the sunset, as it were. The story is aptly named.

-F_M, not to be confused with T3.
Ster J chapter 5 . 9/20/2007
So *that* explains the italics! Thanks for teaching me a thing or two. Also, I appreciate the inclusion of Sybok. I am one of three people that actually liked ST5, and I have a soft place in my heart for Sybok. Poor Spock, tho, had quite a load of guilt to carry around re: his brother!

Enough rambling. A most enjoyable story.
McCoy's-Trial-and-Error chapter 4 . 9/20/2007
(Read other review by me before this one.)

*Grins* Yes, I need my eyes checked. I reviewed, then noticed I HAD MISSED A CHAPTER! *Watches brain ooze out of head*

And I still stand by what I said earlier about the italics. They're a bit overdone still.

Also, we get it. McCoy's retired. Please stop saying it. It's getting a bit repetative.

And I totally recomend you find/listen to Spock vs. Q and its sequal. I think you'll get a total kick out of it. And this interaction kind of reminded me of it.

“Oh, James, I can see that you will be a lot more fun than Jean-Luc. Shall we play?”

Love that last line! UPDATE SOON! (See first review)

McCoy's-Trial-and-Error chapter 3 . 9/20/2007
GAH! How could you end it like that? I mean, of course, the fact that you brought in Q and then end the chapter! So mean!

I'm enjoying the fascinating lesson in how wrong humans are and everything, but I do have one comment.

Not every sentence needs to be italicized. Readers can easily emphasize the correct words. An italicized word here or there is fine, but don't overrun the page with them. Otherwise I may have to shoot you. _ (Don't worry, I threaten to shoot most of the authors whose stories I review. Especially if they don't update soon.)

So, please keep the italics to a minimum, and UPDATE SOON! Otherwise...well, just look up.

-t3

P.S. I may not always log in. So if you see any more reviews from someone called "traycon3", that's me.
Ster J chapter 3 . 9/19/2007
Wow. This is a heavy story, yet still enjoyable. (I think it's McCoy's witty dialogue that is lightening things up, you know, as in comiic relief.)

What I'm *not* enjoying are all the *italicized words.* You have crafted your sentences in such as way that the dialogue already puts a natural stress on important words. Trust your words and your sentence structure. Both are very good.