Reviews for One Certain Word
ElijahElephant chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Sad... I LOVE IT!
YamiTenshi chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
I hate it when people dismiss DearS so quickly. I tried to convince my friend that she should borrow it from me and I explained the plot to her and she said, 'Oh, so it's basically a rip-off of Chobits.' I really, really can't stand that! People think that Chobits came way before DearS did because Chobits got released in America a lot earlier, but in actuality, DearS was published only fifteen months after Chobits started. Come to think of it, DearS also gets compared to Rizelmine...

So... Yeah. I liked this. Just wanted to let you know.

Odori Odori Kakumei!

YamiTenshi
Lynn chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Bit of an daring entrance into the DearS fanfiction, writing about China. But WHAT an entrance. You have a great way of describing emotions and you captured China's wayward, haphazard ways just perfectly. No spelling mistakes, good break with your paragraphs, this is all very well done and I think you should be very proud of this.

I do hope that this isn't your only DearS fanfiction, we could do with great writers like you filling it up with brilliant pieces of fiction like this one.
Angel chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
A truly brilliant fanfiction that captures China's emotions perfectly. So refreshing to see decently written DearS fanfiction at long last. Please keep writing in this section.

(And as Pokemon Fan said, China does appear at the end of volume eight. Maybe when you read that you can write your own adaptation to that also? If this is anything to go by then it'll be superb!)
Perentie Fan chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
Very well done indeed. Amazing how much can be said about one word. I myself am a fan of DearS, admiring its combination of heart and sexiness that so few stories manage to balance so well. Hopefully I'll one day finish my own fanfic concerning it, though it won't be quite as serious as yours and focus more on romantic closure.

And I won't spoil things for you but I think it should be okay to let you know one thing. China does appear again before the series ends.

And as for the anime, it doesn't go as far into the story as the manga (basically covering up to the period where Xaki comes to reclaim Ren) and so China is not really a part of the story. Nia does get a lot of attention though (things occur in a somewhat different order than they do in the manga) and is quite hilarious to watch. On the other hand, China does make a cameo in the last episode if that interests you.
taitofan chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
There's something to be said for reading fics in a fandom you are clueless in...even if I did read a bit about on Wikipedia first, it doesn't change the fact I lack any details...and that is that said reader must go only what is in the fic to determine if it is good. Characterization cannot skew the opinion of the writing itself. I will first say that I saw no errors in spelling, just to get that out of the way. Now, for the fic itself...

I rarely read genfic. I've only written it once. Maybe I should start doing it more though, cause dear...this is amazing. I don't know anything about this girl, or her situation, but that hardly matters. By reading this, I gained insight into her, the people she cares about, the people she hates... You know a fic is good when it makes you hate characters, and wow, did I ever hate those scientists when they took her plushie away... I wanted to reach through the screen and slap them. You made me feel for China, when I don't even know if I'd like her if I read the manga. That is the mark of a true author.

Actually, this fandom doesn't sound nearly as shallow as everyone is saying (then again, I like Love Hina, so what do I know?) so I might just look this series up the next time I go to buy manga... If it's as good as you make it seem, I'll be in for a treat.